Messageboard Home  | Fantasy Football  | Predictions  | Club Info  | About P@SOTI  | Privacy Policy  
Until the end of season:

The Home Park refurbishment will be completed in It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Paul-Arnold Garita
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:59 pm 

I was just wondering what happened to Garita since his loan to us. I was surprised to see that he's currently a free-agent. Not so much that City released him but that no League 2 decided to go in for him. He looked to me like he could do a good job at that level, he's only 23 so still things to learn.

Post subject: Re: Paul-Arnold Garita
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:38 pm 

I'm not surprised.his touch is worse than Nick Chadwick and that's saying something!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:44 pm 

Emu wrote:
I'm not surprised.his touch is worse than Nick Chadwick and that's saying something!
Cannot argue with that assessment.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:52 am 

Garita has all the physical attributes, pace, strength, power, but unfortunately he's got little to no football acumen, some things you just can't teach.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:17 pm 
Site Admin, Auction Winner and Player Sponsor #1 18/19

Garita is one of a number of recent loan players who's time at Argyle on loan was the best of their career.
Zak Ansah, Jason Banton, Craig Tanner, Jamille Matt and Hiram Boateng are a few others.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:48 pm 

PL2 3DQ wrote:
Garita is one of a number of recent loan players who's time at Argyle on loan was the best of their career.
Zak Ansah, Jason Banton, Craig Tanner, Jamille Matt and Hiram Boateng are a few others.

I think Tanner would argue that. His scoring record at Motherwell last season was better than he managed at Argyle, his assists were up too. He played in a National cup final and helped his team to another, which he missed by injury.

Boateng might argue it too. I don't know how well he's doing at City at the moment, but City last season near enough matched the season we had when he was with us so maybe he'd consider that one to be better.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:41 pm 
PALFC Sponsor #1 18/19, GT Sponsor, Auction Winner, Player Sponsor #1 18/19 and Player Sponsor #2 18/19

Garita’s goal in front of the travelling army at excretia and him snatching the ball to take the pen at Newport are my two memories of him for differing reasons.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:19 pm 
Site Owner

Argy1e wrote:
Boateng might argue it too. I don't know how well he's doing at City at the moment, but City last season near enough matched the season we had when he was with us so maybe he'd consider that one to be better.

Any season with Argyle is better than any with that lot.

:scarf:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:00 am 

John Cooper wrote:
Garita’s goal in front of the travelling army at excretia and him snatching the ball to take the pen at Newport are my two memories of him for differing reasons.

Can be relived here at 1 minute: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGeqU8Yc_fg

Theres definitely sign of pace, power, finishing and a good touch in this goal. I imagine Bristol City scouts are scratching their heads now!