Plymouth Argyle Weekly News #6 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Weekly News #6

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
Sunday 27 June

The new club website will launch on Thursday 1 July ... full details.

The latest Big Green Lottery news... club website.

Why not join the Big Green Lottery for just £9.75 a month and help support the Argyle Academy whilst enjoying exclusive membership benefits, plus have the chance to win some fantastic prizes? Full details.

Saturday 26 June

Another pre-season friendly game has been added to the schedule - away to Elburton Villa on Tuesday 6 July. This will be a fixture for the Argyle Academy team.

New signing Jordan Houghton talks about his return to Home Park ... club website and You Tube.

Midfielder Adam Randell and new signing Macaulay Gillesphey will start pre-season training on 5 July having both recently finished their seasons at Torquay United and Brisbane Roar.

The club launch a new charity policy .... club website.

Friday 25 June

Midfielder Jordan Houghton returns to Argyle ... club website.

New signing James Bolton talks about his move to Argyle ... club You Tube.

Excluding loan players and contract extensions the next new signing will be Ryan Lowe's 23rd permanent signing as Argyle manager.
The next loan signing will be the 13th under Lowe (including Ryan Hardie and George Cooper).

The proposed pre-season training camp in Spain has been cancelled due to Covid-19 restrictions. Instead the squad will take part in team bonding activities in Devon and Cornwall.

Ryan Lowe spoke about the fixture list .... club website.

Check out the fantastic new Argyle posters in the club .... superstore. £6 each.

Former Argyle defender Reda Johnson, now 33, has signed for Dover Athletic as player-coach.

Thursday 24 June

The Greens have been drawn away to Championship side Peterborough United in the first round of the Carabao Cup.

Defender James Bolton signs for an undisclosed fee from Portsmouth .... club website.

New signing Callum Burton talks about moving to Argyle ... club You Tube.

Luke McCormick will remain at the club as a training goalkeeper and will retain his playing registration.

The club confirm the signing of goalkeeper Callum Burton on a two-year deal ... club website.

Ryan Lowe confirms former Everton and Luton Town defender Brendan Galloway is training with the squad as a trialist.

2021/2022 fixtures mug available at The Terrace £7.99 .... here.

Argyle's League One fixtures are announced and Rotherham United away is the first game ... Full fixture list.

Photo gallery of the first day of pre-season training ... club website and video ... You Tube.

The League One fixture list is released today at 9am.

Former Argyle striker Ryan Taylor has left Newport County and signed for National League side Grimsby Town.

Wednesday 23 June

Argyle are ball number 26 for Thursday's draw in the first round of the Carabao Cup southern section.

Ryan Lowe spoke about returning for pre-season training ... club You Tube.

Midfielder Conor Grant also spoke about pre-season training ... club You Tube.

The club confirm Ryan Lowe's graduation to a Pro-Licence ....club website.

Book your ticket to watch England on the big screen at Home Park ... club website.

The Argyle Nexus Business Club is launched ... club website.

After just 45 days since the end of last season the players return for pre-season training today.

Ryan Lowe, Neil Dewsnip, Andrew Parkinson, Simon and Jane Hallett were at Home Park on Tuesday evening to watch England play Czech Republic .... @simonhallet

Tuesday 22 June

Bidfood will sponsor the new training kit ....club website.

The club have announced an open training session at Home Park on 29 July ... club website.

Ryan Lowe graduates after completing his UEFA Pro Licence coaching course.
The Pro Licence is the highest qualification in football.

Monday 21 June

In partnership with Pasoti the club have produced an alternative squad photo for the season just finished ... club website.

A big week coming up - the players start pre-season training on Wednesday while the League One 2021/2022 fixtures are announced on Thursday at 9am.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Derby or Wycombe? Surely a no brainer as far as match day experience is concerned but I wouldn`t expect a change as Derby and Rooney too big.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Anyone able to advise about the position Luke McCormick has got?

Can't recall hearing of a "training goalkeeper" previously.

How does it differ from a coaching role?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
cheshiregreen":1npibq4b said:

I don't know anything but going by the wording:

Is it because Luke will be a player? On the bench as back up goalie for first team? Whilst our 'second' goalie plays for one of our teams every week/weekend? I would certainly consider that if I was managing Argyle ( = BIG IF!)
So Luke would be a player who trains our other goalies and 'mentors' on match days from the bench. Plays occasional games to keep his eye in?

As I say, I'm guessing but that (to me) would be a training goalkeeper rather than a full time non playing Coach (like Rhys).

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
davie nine":2pp6vk8r said:
No suggestion of relegation for Derby in the decision so, why are fixtures interchangeable?

It is because the EFL have aright of appeal over the decision to fine the Club. If the EFL win the appeal then one of the sanctions is a points deduction, which if imposed for last season, rather than the forthcoming season, would result in Derby County being relegated.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Pogleswoody":2wzilh69 said:
cheshiregreen":2wzilh69 said:

Is it because Luke will be a player? On the bench as back up goalie for first team? Whilst our 'second' goalie plays for one of our teams every week/weekend? I would certainly consider that if I was managing Argyle ( = BIG IF!)
So Luke would be a player who trains our other goalies and 'mentors' on match days from the bench. Plays occasional games to keep his eye in?

As I say, I'm guessing but that (to me) would be a training goalkeeper rather than a full time non playing Coach (like Rhys).

To my mind, it begs the question as to just how many keeper coaches does Argyle need? There is already a dedicated keeper coach employed. I can understand him giving some part time coaching to the young ones, but surely the No. 1 coach can spread his coaching hours further than Messrs Cooper and Burton?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
We don't know what salary McCormick will be given, although it does look like the club are covering all bases - a third keeper just in case of injuries, a coach and another keeper at training.
We had 3 keepers last season so it makes sense to use McCormick instead of bringing in another 'Ruddy' who hardly played.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Quintrell_Green":2utho90z said:
Pogleswoody":2utho90z said:
cheshiregreen":2utho90z said:

To my mind, it begs the question as to just how many keeper coaches does Argyle need? There is already a dedicated keeper coach employed. I can understand him giving some part time coaching to the young ones, but surely the No. 1 coach can spread his coaching hours further than Messrs Cooper and Burton?

Pretty sure McC doesn't have coaching badges? So can't be titled a coach......

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
I read it as him being the goalkeeper during training sessions whilst MC is coached separately.