Plymouth Argyle News Updates - Week 16 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle News Updates - Week 16

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
Players under contract for the new season:
Michael Cooper - keeper
Will Aimson - defender
Gary Sawyer - defender
Ollie Tomlinson - defender
Ryan Law - defender
Niall Canavan - defender
Scott Wootton - defender
Danny Mayor - midfielder
Jarvis Cleal - midfielder
Joe Edwards - midfielder
Adam Randell - midfielder
Conor Grant - midfielder
Rubin Wilson - striker
Dom Telford - striker
Byron Moore - striker/wingback
Klaidi Lolos - striker
Luke Jephcott - striker

Thursday 2 July

Exeter City release nine players including former Argyle loanee Lee Martin.

A statue for Jack ... club website

Former Argyle chairman Paul Stapleton becomes the new chairman of Tavistock AFC.

The Blackpool Gazette reports on Ryan Lowe's attempt to sign Ryan Hardie .... Gazette

Manager Ryan Lowe and his assistant Steve Schumacher talk about winning promotion and their plans for League One ... club website and You Tube video
"That was our mission, to excite the Green Army and reinvigorate them and we felt that we did that, and the promotion tops it off.
“Next year, all we can promise them is that we will do the same, we will try to excite them and try to play the right way and give them a football team that they will be proud of.”
Captain Gary Sawyer talks about winning promotion .... club website and You Tube video

Wednesday 1 July

Bolton Wanderers appoint Ian Evatt as the new manager.

Promotion celebration photos at Home Park today ... club website

From Chris Errington..

The Argyle management and players will remotely receive their promotion medals today and will be shown on club website and Twitter feed.

The statistics from the promotion winning season part 2 .... club website

The BBC report on the campaign to erect a statue for Jack Leslie ... BBC

Colchester also tried to sign Grant last summer.

Tuesday 30 June

Rumoured Argyle transfer target Ollie Clarke has turned down the offer of a new contract at Bristol Rovers and is set to be reunited with former Gas manager Graham Coughlan at Mansfield Town.

The club now have face masks on sale for £5 .... club superstore

Some football clubs are in negotiations to change the law to allow fans to drink alcohol in their seat while watching the game and hope to have a pilot scheme ... The Sun

The statistics from the promotion winning season part 1 ...club website

Monday 29 June

Ahead of the new season playing in the 10th tier of football Bury AFC, the phoenix club launched after Bury's expulsion from the Football League, have begun their search for a manager and have invited applications.

Former Argyle players Jake Jervis and Lloyd Jones have been released by Luton Town.

Player of the Season for the last 10 years:
2019/2020 - Antoni Sarcevic
2018/2019 - Ruben Lameiras
2017/2018 - Graham Carey
2016/2017 - Sonny Bradley
2015/2016 - Graham Carey
2014/2015 - Luke McCormick
2013/2014 - Reuben Reid
2012/2013 - Onismor Bhasera
2011/2012 - Maxime Blanchard
2010/2011 - Carl Fletcher

Sunday 28 June

During this difficult time for the club why not join the Big Green Lottery for just £9.75 a month and help support the Argyle Academy whilst enjoying exclusive membership benefits, plus have the chance to win some fantastic prizes? Full details

The local newspaper in Portsmouth has linked Argyle with a move for striker Brett Pitman ... The News

Saturday 27 June

League Cup semi-finals 1974 v Manchester City, match highlights of both ties .... Twitter video

Mansfield Town CEO Carolyn Radford confirms striker Nicky Maynard is leaving the club...

Video interview with former Argyle defender Andy 'Jock' Morrison ... You Tube

Friday 26 June

League Two title winners Swindon Town were presented with the trophy earlier today ...

The club issue a reminder to fans who would like a refund on their season ticket .... club website

Former Argyle loan keeper Matt Macey was named as a substitute for Arsenal's Premier League game against Southampton on Thursday evening.

Sep 2, 2008
I'm glad that EFL zone are absolute tosh with their football rumours. Would really be worrying if we were looking at Rossiter. Im not sure we can afford to take on a sick note in this current financial climate.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
A fascinating, intelligent 40 minute interview with Andy (Jock) Morrison who has lead Connah’s Quay Nomads to the top of the Welsh Premier League.
He really has turned his life around, teetotal for 20 years, Ambassador role at Manchester City FC. Beat Kilmarnock in a Scottish Cup match and represents Wales in Europe.
Told a story (that I hadn’t heard) where someone impersonated him and became manager of Seychelles football team before he was ‘rumbled’.
Even now, you wouldn’t want to cross swords with him on the touch line.
Thanks to Site Manager for finding the interview.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
The list of contracted players in the op includes Jarvis Cleal.

I don’t recall an announcement from the club that he has signed the contract offered to him.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
davie nine":1rivfs9m said:
The list of contracted players in the op includes Jarvis Cleal.

I don’t recall an announcement from the club that he has signed the contract offered to him.
I assumed that Cleal, Tomlinson and Wilson had accepted their professional contracts. Could be wrong though:

Lowe said: “We had the conversations with the lads to give them the good news. We wanted their families to be present when we talked to them, as they have been a big part of it.

“I think the parents will be proud, and happy that their sons have made it to the next level, and hopefully they’ll represent Argyle for many years to come.”

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I hope that Joel Grant sorts out a contract. He will be an asset to any League 2 club.
He was very influential in our revival after a poor start in League 1 in 2017/8.