Favourite headed goal? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Favourite headed goal?

Feb 3, 2013
There have been many important and memorable ones but my personal favourite was at a wet Home Park on boxing day 1971 when Hughie Reed became a superhero by defying gravity to hurl himself horizontally at the ball to score against Torquay.It is captured memorably in a picture where all the other players are miles from Hughie and looking on in apparent awe. I had a great view from the Devonport end of the grandstand, this must have been a Christmas treat as our usual spot was standing on the plylon base at the Barnpark end!

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Ince's own goal in front of the Devonport.

:funny:

Aug 5, 2016
Not Argyle related but Andy Carroll v Sweden. Gerrard's cross was from the half way line, and Carroll headed it around the edge of the 18 yard box.

Argyle related has to be Trigger v QPR

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Tempted just to say anything by Stevie Cooper.

He was a sensational athlete, brave and the ability to defy gravity at times and just seem to hang for an absolute age, he really did score some fantastic goals.

But just for its sheer importance - Ronnie Mague 1996 - Ronnies got a gun!!

Feb 18, 2006
Tewkesbury
Peter Hartley in the last minute against Pompey to take us to Wembley or Trigger against Ipswich in his last game for Argyle.

And Argyle related, Rory Fallon scoring for New Zealand v Bahrain to get the All Whites to the 2010 World Cup. Being able to watch an Argyle player playing in the World Cup was something I thought I would never see.

Jan 12, 2020
Trigger in his last game. A ‘diving’ header no less (if my memory serves me correctly!)

May 11, 2019
seagreen":kuxrnt26 said:
There have been many important and memorable ones but my personal favourite was at a wet Home Park on boxing day 1971 when Hughie Reed became a superhero by defying gravity to hurl himself horizontally at the ball to score against Torquay.It is captured memorably in a picture where all the other players are miles from Hughie and looking on in apparent awe. I had a great view from the Devonport end of the grandstand, this must have been a Christmas treat as our usual spot was standing on the plylon base at the Barnpark end!

Yeah all of the above, although I thought it was 1972, off to Greens on screen!

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
Voice_of_Reason said:
Tempted just to say anything by Stevie Cooper.

He was a sensational athlete, brave and the ability to defy gravity at times and just seem to hang for an absolute age, he really did score some fantastic goals.

You beat me to it...a salmon in human form

J

James_Dennis

Paul Williams at the far post vs Colchester, play-off semis in May 1996. What a game and what relief after the Burnley game two years previouslty! Experience-wise, probably my best football match ever.

Mar 6, 2011
London / Plymouth
Aside from Triggers..

... the Friio double. 1-0 down in injury time, 2 (almost identical) headers in the last minutes to win 2-1, right in front of the 'Demport.

Beauty.

Jul 7, 2008
Plymouth/Bristol
DrewPAFC":2ras1oft said:
Aside from Triggers..

... the Friio double. 1-0 down in injury time, 2 (almost identical) headers in the last minutes to win 2-1, right in front of the 'Demport.

Beauty.

Vs. Gillingham. Went on this thread to say these goals.