The Northampton Home Game next season | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

The Northampton Home Game next season

Mar 23, 2019
I saw a few people saying they wanted Exeter to win last night because it meant a full house and extra revenue for the game next season.

Now although i can say no part of me wanted them to win, the financial bonus of having a full house would go along way i'm sure.

Providing fans are allowed back by the time we play Northampton next season, my suggestion is that we make a huge deal of this game, treat it almost like its Exeter. Bring along your friends and family. Make a huge deal of it on social media, ensure we get 15k+ plus.

Depending on the schedule we'll have some big crowds already for the likes of Bristol Rovers, Sunderland, Maybe Pompey so why not target this game as another for a bumper one.

P.S - Cheers Northampton, hope you're all waking up with sore heads this morning.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Action Jackson":2ia4jj30 said:
I saw a few people saying they wanted Exeter to win last night because it meant a full house and extra revenue for the game next season.

Now although i can say no part of me wanted them to win, the financial bonus of having a full house would go along way i'm sure.

Providing fans are allowed back by the time we play Northampton next season, my suggestion is that we make a huge deal of this game, treat it almost like its Exeter. Bring along your friends and family. Make a huge deal of it on social media, ensure we get 15k+ plus.

Depending on the schedule we'll have some big crowds already for the likes of Bristol Rovers, Sunderland, Maybe Pompey so why not target this game as another for a bumper one.

P.S - Cheers Northampton, hope you're all waking up with sore heads this morning.

Hopefully Ipswich will bring a good number too, as we haven’t played them for ten years. Let’s also hope the fixtures lot ensure we play Rovers and Swindon on bank holidays which should ensure full houses, at HP at least.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Devongreenowl":1w43sr9l said:
Action Jackson":1w43sr9l said:

Hopefully Ipswich will bring a good number too, as we haven’t played them for ten years. Let’s also hope the fixtures lot ensure we play Rovers and Swindon on bank holidays which should ensure full houses, at HP at least.

Hopefully Portsmouth stay down because that'll be another.

Jun 27, 2019
How much revenue will we lose out on due to Exeter's national humiliation last night? Despite some on here making it sound like playing them is akin to winning the lottery, we're only talking one game and an increase on normal capacity of around 4-5,000 fans. By the time you factor in policing the extra revenue really isn't significant at all.

No, keep them down where they belong I say. With Ipswich, Sunderland, Rovers and potentially one or two of Portsmouth, Stoke and Middlesbrough to play next season I don't think we'll miss one big gate against the Greasy Ones.

Devongreenowl":1jgy8j5o said:
Action Jackson":1jgy8j5o said:

I haven’t seen Argyle play Ipswich since my first game watching them in the 65/66 season, been an Argyle addict since then.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Policing costs for a match against Exeter are very high, regardless of venue Woodsy. Typically, there might be 5 Police Support Units (PSU's), each with an Inspector, three Sergeants and 18 constables. Plus dogs, plus mounted units brought in from Avon and Somerset or South Wales, plus evidence gathering teams. It’s not cheap but I’m not sure what proportion of the cost is invoiced to the club by the Police. I know there were moves to increase it a few years ago. Then there are extra stewarding costs to factor in.

Typically, I suppose 5,000 on the gate brings in about 100k plus in revenue. As I said in a previous post, it’s not just the cost, it’s the bad publicity for the club when (usually) the Argyle hooligan element play up and disruption to local communities, plus knock on effect to local Policing on the day.

Jun 27, 2019
Devongreenowl":3ueud2gb said:
Policing costs for a match against Exeter are very high, regardless of venue Woodsy.

Yes, that's the point I was making. That even though we'll lose out on around 5,000 ticket sales due to playing Northampton and not Exeter, police costs would absorb a lot of that.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
As I mentioned on the play off thread last night, I would be very happy to buy an extra ticket for the Cobblers home game next season as a thank you for them stuffing Excreta, but more exactly to give some support to Simon Hallett and the club who (supposedly) are sad to not have the derby next season.
At least I will be able to get a ticket for the game at Sixfields (or whatever it's called these days and assuming Covid allows) and not have to suffer the ignominy of sitting in with Excreta fans.
I may be in the minority here, but I hate the thought of playing them, it is like a visit to the dentist.

May 28, 2019
i feel we will not have any crowds higher than 5 or 6 thousand, this side of christmas, the virus will still be around, and i can not see any more than that aloud,it has already caused extra lockdown because of eased restrictions, and in usa its gone out of control because they eased to early,i can not see more than that, if any being aloud in stadium, dont build your hopes up

Jan 27, 2012
There could be a 8,000 gate for the Northampton game vs a 17,000 gate for Exeter City (assuming crowds are allowed back into stadiums by then).

It would have been like Argyle getting the gate receipts of an extra home game. Just at a time when cash flow is so important to the club.

So it would have been great news for Argyle if Exeter had won last night. It s a blow to the finances of both clubs which is not good for Devon football.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Dreamgreen":2itzkwxw said:
As I mentioned on the play off thread last night, I would be very happy to buy an extra ticket for the Cobblers home game next season as a thank you for them stuffing Excreta, but more exactly to give some support to Simon Hallett and the club who (supposedly) are sad to not have the derby next season.
At least I will be able to get a ticket for the game at Sixfields (or whatever it's called these days and assuming Covid allows) and not have to suffer the ignominy of sitting in with Excreta fans.
I may be in the minority here, but I hate the thought of playing them, it is like a visit to the dentist.
You're certainly not alone :thumbs:

Jun 27, 2019
gaspargomez":1516ynog said:
There could be a 8,000 gate for the Northampton game vs a 17,000 gate for Exeter City (assuming crowds are allowed back into stadiums by then).

It would have been like Argyle getting the gate receipts of an extra home game. Just at a time when cash flow is so important to the club.

So it would have been great news for Argyle if Exeter had won last night. It s a blow to the finances of both clubs which is not good for Devon football.

Except it wouldn't be like an extra home game at all by the time you factor in police costs. You've also underestimated our lowest and highest potential gates by about 1,000 in each direction.

Jun 24, 2008
Some things are just better then money. Watch Exeter fail and sit behind us is one of them. Im not bothered about missing a Westcountry Derby. :wave:

Jan 27, 2012
macleanie":1n77h2ov said:
Some things are just better then money. Watch Exeter fail and sit behind us is one of them. Im not bothered about missing a Westcountry Derby. :wave:

Much healthier to be pro-Argyle rather than anti-Exeter in my opinion.

Jun 27, 2019
gaspargomez":3in8h6xx said:
macleanie":3in8h6xx said:

Much healthier to be pro-Argyle rather than anti-Exeter in my opinion.

Um, so you have to be one or the other?