£81,537 paid in agent fees

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The FA have published the agent/intermediaries fees for every club covering the period from February 2019 to the end of January 2020 (two transfer windows) and we paid £81,537 - the fourth highest in League Two.
During that time we had a change of manager which might explain some of that £81,537 if agents were involved.

Bradford City - £114,000
Salford - £111,619
Scunthorpe - £107,345
Argyle - £81, 537

Macclesfield were the lowest in League Two at just £825. The League Two total was £1.17 million.

In League One 14 clubs paid more than Argyle to use agents, Sunderland were the highest at £1.3 million. :shock:

Overall Liverpool paid the most at £30 million. The Premier League total was a mind-boggling £263 million!

May 22, 2006
A positive thing about the report was that all of the players who incurred fees, despite many of them coming from Bury, had different agents, so nothing seemingly untoward about the deals. Oldham seemed to use an agent multiple times.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Graham Evans":2pcoz5gb said:
The players should be made to pay for agent fees.

And the agents we used to find players?

May 22, 2006
All the details were on the BBC web page last night but seems to have disappeared this morning.

There were no fees for Ryan Lowe but some fees were for players already at the club for registrations. The list was for up to Feb 20 and included a fee for Jephcott. Think the fees were for about eight to ten players. Pretty sure that players listed included Mayor, Aimson, Telford and MacFazdean.

Biggest surprise for me was that Daniel Mayor’s agent was listed as Mel Stein. If it’s the same one, previously he has acted for Gascoigne, Waddle and Shearer. He once asked Lazio for Gazza to be given a private trout farm as part of a deal.

Jun 27, 2019
Salford paying over £100k just to agents is indicative of everything that's wrong with English football.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
German Shepherd":1cotsjyo said:
Graham Evans":1cotsjyo said:
The players should be made to pay for agent fees.

good point, it's like someone buying your house & paying your estate agent fees.

Well, in effect they do. You factor in all the costs of moving, including selling and legal costs, when you decide how much you will accept from the buyer surely?

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
I'm just glad we arent Arsenal who have a web of agents behind the scenes who according to my supporter friend has caused a lot of strange transfer activity.

Edu offering Luiz a new contract... apparently they share an agent.

Cedric Soares, signed on loan, injured, never played a game, now got a 4 year deal.... shares the same agent as Edu.

Pablo Mari... injured 4 times in his loan spell, gets a permanent deal. His agent is best friends with Arsenal's Head of Football.

May 28, 2019
i want to become a football agent , how do i do it , seems like i can earn lots of money for nothing lol, i feel football agent fees will be a lot less, in next couple years, also shows premiership has way to much money, how would they survive without tv deals

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
greybeard-kernow":3owwvnw9 said:
i want to become a football agent , how do i do it , seems like i can earn lots of money for nothing lol, i feel football agent fees will be a lot less, in next couple years, also shows premiership has way to much money, how would they survive without tv deals

I reckon you have too many scruples Greenbeard.