Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Alex Fletcher has announced on Instagram that he is leaving.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Argyleloyal87":3rnk9neo said:
Good luck to him, I wish him well.

He never got to play enough football and when he did, it was for a Manager who's style he was not suited to.

Reminds me a bit of Owen PIckard back in the late 80s. A good young home-grown striker who came through the ranks and was around the first team squad for 2 or 3 seasons without being able to push on and establish himself if the way that it looked that Jephcott was doing prior to the lock down.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
It'll be a big wrench for him after spending 13 years at the club. Truro City with Paul Wotton maybe. Good luck wherever you end up Alex.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Right decision but the young man played in an Argyle shirt. He achieved that, no one on here has. Respect.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Good luck to him.

Ryan Lowe was critical of Fletcher in the media early in the season and subsequently never played a single minute under Lowe.

Feb 28, 2016
Keepitgreen":1uwsbme0 said:
It'll be a big wrench for him after spending 13 years at the club. Truro City with Paul Wotton maybe. Good luck wherever you end up Alex.

I think it’ll be mixed emotions for him personally. It’s bound to be a wrench but if he doesn’t feel ground down after the last three-four years, then he’s super human. I think a clean break and a fresh start will be really good for him wherever that is.

It’s no secret I really liked him, I thought he was a class act, on and off the field. A good ambassador whose behaviour was faultless. A very down to earth and really likeable guy. One of the standouts in such a strong year, along with the year above him as well. I think he was unlucky to come through when he did, by the time Lowe come he is in a bit of rut, looked down in confidence, already saw lots of his mates fail etc. Who knows what home grown talent we might have had in the team if Lowe had overseen the periods Sheridan and Adams did, I personally expect it would be a lot more.

I’m sure Fletch will be very successful in life whether that’s in football or not, he reminds me a bit of Ben Purrington or Ben Steer in the sense, he seems more switched on for his age than most. I know he’ll want to play higher than Truro and will probably get trials at least at a higher level, though there would be worse places for him to go than Truro or even Parkway, IMHO, just to get that enjoyment and smile back before pushing on.

I of course thank him for being such a good ambassador for the club and for all the entertainment, wish him every success for the future. I really enjoyed watching him play and hope it’s not too long until I do again somewhere.

May 28, 2019
Keepitgreen":2bg70pxa said:
more chance of it snowing on the hoe in june , than him going with wotton ;)

Mar 23, 2008
Shame, as he clearly is talented and seems to have something about him. Not surprising either though I guess having not played this season and with Jephcott jumping ahead of him. Wish him well.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Argyleloyal87":30tlyr3e said:
sorry to read this.superb player badly managed by the ghastly mister sheridan.he will play against us soon i think.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Good luck to the lad. Hope he finds a club at a decent level. Truro City would be an obvious destination, or maybe Torquay.

Oct 5, 2013
Super player, enjoyed watching his pace getting in on goal and finishing prowess, wouldn’t be surprised to see him go on and do well.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Good luck, another to add to the list of exciting but not able (for whatever reason) to make the final leap.

For those that dont like Sheridan or Adams, can we please not have this as another stick to beat them with, no football league manager sabotages their own job - its a tough job, with a huge amount of pressure, everyone else knows better than you, so the last thing you do is try to sabotage your own chances of success by ignoring talent.
Ryan Lowe made the decision that Jephcott was a better option than Fletch - whether that decision was down to ability, desire, work ethic, strength none of us will know, but at this stage it looks the right call.

AF now has all the incentive in the world to show people they were wrong, i hope he grabs it - but history sadly states that more often than not, the managers we are being critical of - make the right call.

Jun 24, 2008
Interesting that some players are being informed of their fate, more is sure to become clear in the next few days/weeks.

As for Fletcher, right decision. Can't see this one coming back to bite us. He had plenty of chances and was incredibly underwhelming. Just not good enough at this level. I would say that maybe National League is best but he's not big enough either. Good luck to him.