Attracting the next generation of fans....think out the box! | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Attracting the next generation of fans....think out the box!

Aug 27, 2019
Just been reading about Atalanta who send (FOC) all new borns in their immediate catchment area, a free team shirt......not sure that would work here but how about sending each 5 year old a junior teamshirt & a pair of family matchday tickets on his/her birthday? Cannot be that many in the City (whole of Devon/PL postcodes?) - surely wouldn't cost the earth (multi buy etc etc, few games sell out )& if only secures a small number of loyal greens into the future, why not?
May serve to reduce the number of Liverpool/Man Utd/Chelsea etc shirts you see!
Probably not an idea for now but thought I would log it in case marketing are reading these posts?

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
My first trip to HP back in the early '90s was (I think - can't remember the exact details) where the club ran a scheme whereby a different primary school with a PL postcode won 20 or so tickets to a Saturday home game each week, and we got lucky. The game was a 2-0 win over Newcastle just before Christmas. I grew up a fair distance from Plymouth and none of my family are Argyle fans, but it worked for me and at least four of my classmates who still support the club.

The club may well do something like this now - it's cheap to administer, and an empty seat makes no money after all.

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
Before this season Sheffield United have always been very proactive about using empty capacity to attract the next generation of fans.
An active Junior Blades Supporters Group
A variety of reduced price tickets £1 with an adult; £5 entry with adult; £20 adult+2 u-12
Tickets offered to local schools to be used for rewards (100% attendance etc)

Owls fans used to allege that half the crowd used to get in without paying full price- an exaggeration but contains a grain of truth.