Your favourite humour during a match | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Your favourite humour during a match

Mine was the memorable match where Sir Tommy scored four goals against either Blackburn or Preston. (So memorable I’ve forgotten which, and I’m sure someone will remind me). When the fourth goal went in, a bloke behind me said to his friend “My God, if you came home early from work and found him in bed with your wife you’d make him a cup of tea”.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I still love the ref booking a Torquay player and the chant was: You dirty Northern barstewards!! :lol:
Nice to see a ref laughing whilst booking someone!! ;)

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
Ashley Bayes was always a laugh.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
mervyn":1g1asz1j said:
Mine was the memorable match where Sir Tommy scored four goals against either Blackburn or Preston. (So memorable I’ve forgotten which, and I’m sure someone will remind me). When the fourth goal went in, a bloke behind me said to his friend “My God, if you came home early from work and found him in bed with your wife you’d make him a cup of tea”.

If it was my wife I would also give his dog a bone. :twisted:

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
The day a Jack Russell ran on the pitch( it really did happen) and the crowd sang, "One Jack Russell, there's only one Jack Russell"

Mar 22, 2020
The 'You're nothing special we lose every week' song. First heard it when Exeter scored against us in the checkatrade a couple of years ago. Must have been done before cos half the demport was singing it!

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
Scunthorpe away in our bottom tier title winning season.

The chant "2 Lee Hodges. There's only 2 Lee Hodges".

Theirs promptly scored a brace and ended our 19 match unbeaten run.

Dec 4, 2011
I can’t remember who it was against but it was early in Fletcher’s first full season after just surviving the season before. I remember his brand of football was decent but not particularly effective. After some patient build up play the ball was played to Chadwick who was one on one with the keeper who blazed it miles over the bar to the back of the Barn Park. A bloke behind us shouts “Chadwick for England”.

I remember it had my Dad and me in stitches and summed up the desperation of the period, knowing deep down we were crap!

Dec 4, 2011
I also remember the Southampton (?) physio sprinting onto the pitch and pulling a hamstring like he had just been electrocuted. Anyone remember who ended treating their player and physio? Presumably our own physio?

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
In the away end along the touchline at Wimbledon about 7 or 8 years ago, the bald nearside linesman was giving us absolutely nothing. After another dodgy decision, some wag behind me shouts "What's the matter lino, hair in your eyes?".

1983, just moved here and went to a freezing winter mid-week game at Torquay against Darlington. Darlington we’re giving a debut to a new signing from Nigeria, a rare event in those days, particularly in the lower leagues.

The poor bloke had probably never played in such cold before, but as he moved up alongside the popular side after the kick-off, a really loud Sergeant Major voice called out “get those ****ing gloves orf. Don’t you know this is the English Riviera”.

Aug 27, 2019
Two spring to mind:

A few years back & had taken y daughter to her first game at HP against Gillingham. We were 1 down & chap behind us was giving David Friio real stick, calling him all the names under the sun & I was about to make to point that we had heard enough....about 5 minutes to go & Friio scores, man goes quiet...next minute Friio scores the winner & same chap behind....'Friio you're a foooking marvel...there's only one David Friio'.....(with apologies for the spelling!)

A few years before that & at away midweek game against Brighton. No PC in those days....they were singing abuse to us & the chant went up 'Brighton boys are homosexual', a few of Sussex finest behind us tried to intervene which only made it worse as chant changed to 'Brighton police are homosexual' which went on for a few minutes & reached a crescendo with 'Liam Brady is a homosexual' after if I remember correctly he laid on their winner & saluted us (I assume) in error...

The football ground is always a source of much frustration yes, but a camaraderie rarely found elsewhere these days & much humour at most games, even black humour at some of our worst performances.....long may that be so!!.

Jan 26, 2006
Plymouth
tawtongreen":2p2zhyrm said:
A few years before that & at away midweek game against Brighton. No PC in those days....they were singing abuse to us & the chant went up 'Brighton boys are homosexual', a few of Sussex finest behind us tried to intervene which only made it worse as chant changed to 'Brighton police are homosexual' which went on for a few minutes & reached a crescendo with 'Liam Brady is a homosexual' after if I remember correctly he laid on their winner & saluted us (I assume) in error...

If this is your favourite humour I’m amazed!

The good old days eh :facepalm: