Making Promotion A Certainty | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Making Promotion A Certainty

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
(Or as near as damn it!)

If you could bring in one player from a previous Argyle side who would make automatic promotion a near certainty, who would you bring in

a. To this seasons starting line up

b. To any previous seasons starting line up where we just missed out on promotion.

c. And who would they replace

Only rule is the player must have previously played for Argyle in the division you are proposing to bring him into. So no championship players coming into this season's team, unless they also played in the bottom division too

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
No Mariner or Tynan then?? :sad:

Mick Heathcote for Wootton??

I tell you how good Heathcote was: I saw a game at HP where he went for a header (opposition goal kick) the ball swirled in the wind and went over him!! :shock:
The whole crowd gasped!! Heathcote missed a defensive header!! What!!?? Hold the front page!!

Only other one he missed was Reilly I suspect!! :lol:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Devongreenowl":13zo0way said:
(Or as near as damn it!)

If you could bring in one player from a previous Argyle side who would make automatic promotion a near certainty, who would you bring in

b. To any previous seasons starting line up where we just missed out on promotion.

Only rule is the player must have previously played for Argyle in the division you are proposing to bring him into. So no championship players coming into this season's team, unless they also played in the bottom division too

Should have included this at beginning

d. Who would have saved us from any relegation season. Same rules apply

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Pogleswoody":1hmkjea3 said:

I tell you how good Heathcote was: I saw a game at HP where he went for a header (opposition goal kick) the ball swirled in the wind and went over him!!
The whole crowd gasped!! Heathcote missed a defensive header!! What!!?? Hold the front page!!

Great choice Poogles re Heathcote. I'd class him as a stopper as he didn't get the nickname hoof for nothing,. :) Possibly one of the best headers of the ball in a defensive situation and an inspirational leader of men.

demportdave

šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Pogleswoody":2ou3l7kd said:

I tell you how good Heathcote was: I saw a game at HP where he went for a header (opposition goal kick) the ball swirled in the wind and went over him!! :shock:

Youā€™re getting him confused with another good lower-League CB, Lindsay Smith.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Devongreenowl":h747f472 said:
Devongreenowl":h747f472 said:
(Or as near as damn it!)

Should have included this at beginning

d. Who would have saved us from any relegation season. Same rules apply
Alex Palmer

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Devongreenowl":2m1t9afg said:
Devongreenowl":2m1t9afg said:
Hereā€™s mine

A. 2019/20 Reda for Wootton

B. 93/4 Tynan for Landon

D. 76/7 Mariner for Austin!!!

Blx just realised Reda never played in the bottom division. Back to the drawing board!

Got to be Cocko then. Another Argyle man who played for THEM!

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
No way, duck.

McCall was amazing, would never swap him.

McCarthy was a loaned defender. And happens that Swan was the parable of certainty. :)

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
demportdave":155owumw said:
Pogleswoody":155owumw said:

Youā€™re getting him confused with another good lower-League CB, Lindsay Smith.

Yes I thought there was something 'wrong' about the Reilly reference. I'll stick with Hoof Heathcote he obviously only missed one header!! (This IS the 4th Division!).