Football League Review | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Football League Review

May 22, 2006
FLR was an insert to match day programmes that ran for ten years from 1965-75. In total 366 editions were produced about all things in the football league (proper football league when we had four divisions brilliantly numbered 1 to 4).

Pretty sure many on hear will remember them. For those wanting a jog down memory lane, the whole collection in full can be found on the link. Hopefully it works, if not somebody please re post. Scroll down to get publication by season

People may like to post edition numbers with links to Argyle.

Enjoy.

https://www.seagullsprogrammes.co.uk/fo ... wfIedUWFX4

See 531,634, 736, 738 amongst others.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Not Argyle but: Volume Nine 901 August 1974 page 15.

The Football League side to play the Scottish League in a representative game.

Blimey!! Some team that is!! All 'English' players too I believe. :think:

Clemence; Todd; Nish; McFarland; Storey; Brooking; Bell; Dobson; Tueart; Bowles; Latchford.

Not uber defensive is it!! :lol:

Jul 24, 2016
I do remember a centrefold team picture of the greens without any keeper pictured which was a bit bizarre.

Think this was around 1970 and most likely when we were changing keepers from Pat Dunne to the legendary Jim Furnell

May 22, 2006
Raes Lad":1lm6mofv said:
I do remember a centrefold team picture of the greens without any keeper pictured which was a bit bizarre.

Think this was around 1970 and most likely when we were changing keepers from Pat Dunne to the legendary Jim Furnell

Volume 5 531? Jim Furnell is in an inset.

Jan 11, 2016
The reference to 'The Out-posts' of the game on Page 4 of NĀ°1 in Aug 1966 and the Football League v. Irish League match brings back lots of great memories which probably justify a separate thread!

Here was me thinking that a 'first edition' might be worth a bob or two - silly boy, there must be thousands out there in many a loft and shed.

It was in a Football League Review that I came across the team photo with Johnny Newman and David Pleat that insprired Anoraks 5 but of course I cannot put my hand on it now when I could have provided a reference.

What I have found is

Vol 2 NĀ°31 - March 1968 - Page 3
and
Vol 3 NĀ°23 - Page 18

The Football League Review was always full of interesting material and it's a great archive for the immediate post World Cup win period.