Premier Players and associated people | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Premier Players and associated people

Aug 2, 2011
Given the ludicrous wages the premier league players receive together with their managers and the associated hanger ones such as Lineker, Shearer, Wrighty etc would it not be nice if they all donated 2 weeks wages to the NHS. I suspect this will be wishful thinking. But they are hardly going to suffer and a few million would be a great benefit in the current crisis. However given the Aston Villa prat who thinks the stay at home rules doesn’t apply to him my optimism is not great.

May 8, 2011
Presto":2iz7t7n9 said:
Given the ludicrous wages the premier league players receive together with their managers and the associated hanger ones such as Lineker, Shearer, Wrighty etc would it not be nice if they all donated 2 weeks wages to the NHS. I suspect this will be wishful thinking. But they are hardly going to suffer and a few million would be a great benefit in the current crisis. However given the Aston Villa prat who thinks the stay at home rules doesn’t apply to him my optimism is not great.

A lot of players and others in football already donate part of their pay to charitable causes without seeking publicity. Even our previous manager donated part of his pay to the Argyle Community Trust to fund one of their programmes.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
HC Green":2k4ujw7e said:
Presto":2k4ujw7e said:

A lot of players and others in football already donate part of their pay to charitable causes without seeking publicity. Even our previous manager donated part of his pay to the Argyle Community Trust to fund one of their programmes.

Well done Kevin Nancekivell! :clap:

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
There is a very distinct silence from the PFA or any of the Prem players.

Do they seriously need 250,000 a week while all this sh!t is going on?

I'm sure that they could manage on 10 grand, just so that the club staff can get a wage!

Greediest bunch of b*st*rds under the sun! Truly despicable.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Hmmm. The people's game. I don’t think so.
The obscenely over-paid players particularly at PL clubs, have never been further out of touch with the grass roots supporters and working people. Maybe there will be a backlash after all this. I doubt it though.

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
Personally I believe that Daniel Levy at Spurs and Mike Ashley- as well as the owners of Norwich and Bournemouth- should be charged with “ bringing the game into disrepute for taking the opportunistic action of furloughing non playing staff. Levy, could quite easily forego, the £3m bonus he paid himself (on top of his £4m salary) for the smooth delivery of Tottenham’s new stadium. Other greedy owners, such as the Glazers, who have been milking MUFC for years should have a quiet word as the ones deliberately choosing to take advantage of the loopholes in the hastily constructed system run the risk of derailing the gravy train for all of them. Public opinion would surely support a hypocritical media campaign led by billionaires, such as Murdoch, to implement a windfall tax -ironically labelled ‘A Coronavirus Levy’ - on Premiership clubs who have not respected the spirit of the emergency scheme.
Likewise the PFA need to very quickly make a co ordinated charitable response because if they don’t the court of public opinion will be turned against them despite the many individual examples of social conscience.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Whilst Gordon Taylor is still involved with the PFA - dont expect anything other than random individuals acting kindly.

He is actively fighting against clubs lower players wages in the Premier League - dont get me started on his salary. He is up there with the likes of Ashley for sheer greed,

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Targeting the players here is an absolutely awful take. Many of them donate and do charitable work (Rashford has organised for 400k children to eat), and they can't simply agree to a pay cut without invalidating contracts etc. I'm sure something is being worked on behind the scenes.

If you absolutely have to scapegoat someone in football, make it the owners, as Milkman has said.

Jun 27, 2019
Lobster":2o3qbz79 said:
Targeting the players here is an absolutely awful take. Many of them donate and do charitable work (Rashford has organised for 400k children to eat), and they can't simply agree to a pay cut without invalidating contracts etc. I'm sure something is being worked on behind the scenes.

If you absolutely have to scapegoat someone in football, make it the owners, as Milkman has said.

Indeed. Footballers are an easy target, just because they're paid market rates for being highly skilled at their jobs.

Why aren't agents being called out? They earn ludicrous sums for driving up those wages everyone is so up in arms about. Or investment bankers? Or hedge fund managers? Or lawyers? Or Hollywood actors? Or famous singers?

Why are footballers any more responsible for bailing people out than anyone else who earns big money?

Mino Raiola, the publicity hungry 'super agent', takes many millions per year out of the UK economy yet is based in Monaco so will be contributing bugger all to the public purse. He's even justified the huge sums he earns by saying "we don't live in a communist world" - there's someone right there who won't give a toss about non-playing staff being furloughed.

Hancock is a total arse for making players a scapegoat, especially when he's made a total pig's ear of testing our frontline NHS workers. Talk about a convenient smokescreen.

Bernie Bernbaum

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 29, 2015
WoodsyGreen":38mwlapb said:
Lobster":38mwlapb said:

Indeed. Footballers are an easy target, just because they're paid market rates for being highly skilled at their jobs.

Why aren't agents being called out? They earn ludicrous sums for driving up those wages everyone is so up in arms about. Or investment bankers? Or hedge fund managers? Or lawyers? Or Hollywood actors? Or famous singers?

Why are footballers any more responsible for bailing people out than anyone else who earns big money?

Mino Raiola, the publicity hungry 'super agent', takes many millions per year out of the UK economy yet is based in Monaco so will be contributing bugger all to the public purse. He's even justified the huge sums he earns by saying "we don't live in a communist world" - there's someone right there who won't give a toss about non-playing staff being furloughed.

Hancock is a total arse for making players a scapegoat, especially when he's made a total pig's ear of testing our frontline NHS workers. Talk about a convenient smokescreen.

Totally totally agree. As well as footballers there are plenty of other high earners. As for Hancock, Gove, the clown PM.....

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Part of the statement released today after meeting of the 20 Premier League clubs

"In the face of substantial and continuing losses for the 2019/20 season since the suspension of matches began, and to protect employment throughout the professional game, Premier League clubs unanimously agreed to consult their players regarding a combination of conditional reductions and deferrals amounting to 30 per cent of total annual remuneration. This guidance will be kept under constant review as circumstances change. The League will be in regular contact with the PFA and the union will join a meeting which will be held tomorrow between the League, players and club representatives."

Aug 2, 2011
Surprisingly this is a forum about football, football players and the associated hanger ones. Therefore it is reasonable to raise the issue re stupid pay. If it was about bankers, politicians or other people there would be more appropriate forums. Without wishing to delve into politics politicians on both the left and right earn less in a year than many premier league footballers earn in a week.

Aug 17, 2005
HC Green":rla772i5 said:
Presto":rla772i5 said:

They probably all do not because they are being generous but 15 per cent of their contribution goes back to them in tax refund.