Toums!! | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Toums!!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Just found this one and it reminded me what he did for us in that brief spell.

What were your memories?

r3v3T3R.gif

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
I'd just finished feeding the cattle and was walking across the yard as I wasn't milking that evening when the alert came through on my phone.

I went mental - full fat, proper mental - and my worker wondered what on Earth had happened to me!

Dejected and crestfallen to elation in a matter of minutes.

Argyle, eh.

C

CADMAN

He was a level above anyone else we had. Reminded me John Mathews. A big guy who always had time on the ball. I think we were all gutted when he left.

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
It's an odd one with him... He looked a level above when he was with us but hasn't done anything of note since. Remember going batshit when that one went in

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
His legs had gone I think, but he certainly reminded me of Matthew in both stature and skill level.

I saw his first game at Coach Lane and everyone around me was buzzing about him. It was obvious what a player he was, I think it was against MK Dons youth from memory.

Aug 5, 2016
Quality player. People say his legs had gone, but his brain, touch, vision etc. hadn't. Results improved spectacularly when he joined.

Often football isn't all about pace and running. Paul Wotton had a similar influence when he returned. He won his headers and his tackles and his presence brought composure to the midfield around him. Without him we weren't half as assured as a team.

May 8, 2011
IJN":1p63tbu9 said:
His legs had gone I think, but he certainly reminded me of Matthew in both stature and skill level.

I saw his first game at Coach Lane and everyone around me was buzzing about him. It was obvious what a player he was, I think it was against Milton Keynes youth from memory.

It was that game, a Central League match, just thought he made the game look easy.

Morecambe fans are hoping he will be staying with them next year as he has made quite a difference to them.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Toums did well enough, though to be be fair we had the poorest central midfield in the division by rather a long way, our lot were strong in other areas, that had to be a part of it.

The first game Toums played at HP, you could see how he was plain baffled at how slow the majoirty of the team were to break out once an oppo attack broke down. Though he finally came round to the defence at all costs thinking. As he left. Sharpish.

C

Cult Of Personality

Really liked him wish he had stayed but was never ment to be

Bit like Jose Baxter this season,

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Great player for the short time he was with us.

If I remember, Jamie Ness filled his boots admirably after putting in some subpar performances at the beginning of that season and subsequently being written off.