Freshening things up | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Freshening things up

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Title is based on manager's words not mine.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/ ... th-3877006

Lowe said: “George is a little bit fatigued of late. He has been playing wing-back, which is not his position

and

"we might need to rotate a little bit in terms of bringing one or two fresh legs in.

“They are going to need a big week of recovery, ready for another tough team away at Bradford.”

The view on Cooper is not a surprise as his defensive qualities are lacking. Not sure where Cooper can be accommodated in current formation?

On freshening up in other areas, chance for people to make a case on Tuesday. That said, the players who perhaps in greatest need of rest have no obvious replacements.

Thinking Wootton and Canavan, Sarcevic and Mayor who along with Sawyer have made over 30 starts.

Any news on Aimson or Taylor's return?

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
cheshiregreen":f7ijua3v said:
Title is based on manager's words not mine.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/ ... th-3877006

Lowe said: “George is a little bit fatigued of late. He has been playing wing-back, which is not his position

and

"we might need to rotate a little bit in terms of bringing one or two fresh legs in.

“They are going to need a big week of recovery, ready for another tough team away at Bradford.”

The view on Cooper is not a surprise as his defensive qualities are lacking. Not sure where Cooper can be accommodated in current formation?

On freshening up in other areas, chance for people to make a case on Tuesday. That said, the players who perhaps in greatest need of rest have no obvious replacements.

Thinking Wootton and Canavan, Sarcevic and Mayor who along with Sawyer have made over 30 starts.

Any news on Aimson or Taylor's return?
We kept a clean sheet yesterday and the defence was not overly extended, plus Sawyer has just had a 3-game break. We have a week before our next game. Why would any of them need a rest?

As for Sarcevic, he has ‘previous’ when it comes to the later stages of the season, he was pretty ineffective at that stage last year when our season capitulated. Mayor was full of running yesterday so I don’t have an issue with him.

Regarding Lowe’s comments about Cooper, he has played a lot less than most of the ‘regulars’ and rarely completes a full 90 minutes; why would he be in need of a rest? More a case of Lowe trying to justify why he dropped him. It’s also likely that the Cambridge Manager’s pre-match comments where he made reference to the space behind the Argyle full backs which influenced that particular decision.

I would like Taylor to be available because he gives us a different option but he just cannot stay fit and as for Aimson, we may as well write him off for the season.

To freshen things up I would like to see Lowe use a little bit of imagination and just play 1 out and out forward and bring in Cooper on the other side to Mayor.

Opponents wouldn’t be able to put 2 or 3 on Mayor like Cambridge did, thus giving Cooper space on the other side to create and we wouldn’t be quite so predictable and easy to defend against, as was the case yesterday.