Sarce's penalties | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Sarce's penalties

Sep 6, 2006
I never feel confident. He has already missed two. Doesn't hit it hard enough so if the keeper goes the right way he has a fair chance. Surely a striker should be taking them.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Balham_Green":3bb5u0do said:
I never feel confident. He has already missed two. Doesn't hit it hard enough so if the keeper goes the right way he has a fair chance. Surely a striker should be taking them.

Carey missed a few when he was on penalty duties and it sounds like it was a good save rather than a poor penalty last night, although I havenā€™t seen it yet.

You say you never feel confident with Sarce taking it. I never feel confident regardless of who is taking the penalty, part of being an Argyle fan I think.

Sep 6, 2006
GreenThing":101a1u1d said:
Balham_Green":101a1u1d said:

Carey missed a few when he was on penalty duties and it sounds like it was a good save rather than a poor penalty last night, although I havenā€™t seen it yet.

You say you never feel confident with Sarce taking it. I never feel confident regardless of who is taking the penalty, part of being an Argyle fan I think.

Nope wasn't a good pen. In the middle of the goal.

twist of lime

šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Feb 22, 2008
Herts
From recent memory he tends to go either left or down the centre,

I had a feeling the keeper did his homework and after the last couple going left hand side, decided to delay diving to the left and in turn was able to save the initial shot.

Will be interesting to see what happens when we get another pen....

Agree with others, pens always puts me on edge and I would be rubbish if I had to step up for one.... :greensmile:

COYG

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Balham_Green":2h1lnmqi said:
GreenThing":2h1lnmqi said:
Balham_Green":2h1lnmqi said:

Nope wasn't a good pen. In the middle of the goal.

Ok, Iā€™ll see later when I dig out the highlights. He can take a good penalty as he showed on Saturday.

On a side note, Wotton was pretty good at penalties and he would more often than not put it straight down the middle. I suspect that the keepers knew that and dived out of the way on purpose :)

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I donā€™t think he has put one to the keeperā€™s left yet. Teams must realise that and, eventually, he will get found out.

In fairness, most of his penalties have been accurate and well hit.

Aug 4, 2011
Reid was pretty good. But since Wotton I be never felt confident in anyone taking them. Wotton, Castle and Poole the best I can remember - just shows it doesnā€™t have to be a striker, but strange that a striker wouldnā€™t want the opportunity to add to their goal tally

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
I would have thought cooper or mayor would take them

Aug 10, 2006
Balham_Green":1cm2c2fv said:
was thinking the same never feel confident when he takes one, if it came down to a last minute of the season penalty to go up I would be very nervous.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Majority have been well taken. The ones against Mansfield & Crewe were particularly good, as well as the first against Rovers. I donā€™t think thereā€™s an issue myself.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
mervyn":f82rvlgq said:
Can someone explain this to me. Given that any penalty kick directed into a top left or right corner, if driven hard enough, cannot be saved, even if the keeper guesses the correct direction, why arenā€™t all penalties taken that way?

Harder to save, but easier to miss would be my guess.

Sep 6, 2006
Cobi Budge":1tc4bjl2 said:
Majority have been well taken. The ones against Mansfield & Crewe were particularly good, as well as the first against Rovers. I donā€™t think thereā€™s an issue myself.

The issue is obvious. He has missed 2 already. Cost us money in the Fa cup and almost a point on Tuesday.