• Total voters

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
Is there a chance our game against Exeter on 21 March will be screened live by Sky?

Given the league positions of the two teams and the rivalry (a recent survey stated it's the second most fierce rivalry in football) there's a good chance it could be shown live.

Sky haven't yet published their schedule for the last months of the season so we'll have to wait and see.
Up until March there are no League Two games being shown and only one League One game - Sunderland v Doncaster.
The usual days for EFL Sky games are Friday evening, Saturday lunchtime and evening and Sunday lunchtime.

Jun 27, 2019
mervyn":s2ygqsx6 said:
Iā€™m genuinely astonished PL2. A survey is suggesting that our rivalry with that lot, a rivalry which has always felt tepid to me, is greater than Pompey/Southampton, Burnley/Blackburn, Spurs/Arsenal, Bristol City/Rovers etc?

It must have been conducted on a sample size of 10 people, with 4 of them based in Devon.

It's clearly complete b*ll*cks.

As for the original question, we'll take all the money/profile we can get. The match is likely to be a sell-out too so the stadium will look great on TV. Plus I remember us humiliating them live on TV back in the late 90s, so it'd be good to repeat the trick.

Aug 22, 2006
I know the Quest Show production team are potentially looking to do a live OB from the ground. Not sure if it will happen, but fingers crossed.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
mervyn":326nx4mq said:
Iā€™m genuinely astonished PL2. A survey is suggesting that our rivalry with that lot, a rivalry which has always felt tepid to me, is greater than Pompey/Southampton, Burnley/Blackburn, Spurs/Arsenal, Bristol City/Rovers etc?

Actually Pompey/Southampton is the biggest rivalry in football ....

Sports Bible

Plymouth Live

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
They only tend to show L1/L2 when thereā€™s no championship games to show ie international breaks or this weekend being FA cup fourth round and only one championship match being played.

Lundan Cabbie

āšŖļø Pasoti Visitor āšŖļø
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Guiri Green":3k6orhr2 said:
As I'm about to book flights, they'd better not mess about with the Fixture too much.
Welcome to the club. TV have stitched me up three times this season.

Nov 18, 2011
Sam Barker":23shcl33 said:
They only tend to show L1/L2 when thereā€™s no championship games to show ie international breaks or this weekend being FA cup fourth round and only one championship match being played.

Yep, they'd rather show a random Leeds match with nothing on the line as the viewing figures would be higher.

Given that it's a local derby, I imagine there's a good chance it'll be moved to a lunchtime kick off on the advice of the Police.

Lundan Cabbie

Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Joe Totale":2gqsd22d said:
Sam Barker":2gqsd22d said:

Yep, they'd rather show a random Leeds match with nothing on the line as the viewing figures would be higher.

Given that it's a local derby, I imagine there's a good chance it'll be moved to a lunchtime kick off on the advice of the Police.

I wonder what Devon & Cornwallā€™s finest would have to say if Sky dictate the kick off time rather than themselves?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Lundan Cabbie":1shvh0m5 said:
Joe Totale":1shvh0m5 said:
Sam Barker":1shvh0m5 said:

I wonder what Devon & Cornwallā€™s finest would have to say if Sky dictate the kick off time rather than themselves?

So, Sky are so 'important' that their choice overrides police/H&S advice?? :think:
No, don't think so.

Lundan Cabbie

Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Pogleswoody":2z22hbv7 said:
Lundan Cabbie":2z22hbv7 said:
Joe Totale":2z22hbv7 said:
Sam Barker":2z22hbv7 said:

So, Sky are so 'important' that their choice overrides police/H&S advice?? :think:
No, don't think so.

Why would it be any different down here to the rest of the country?

Jan 6, 2004
The reality is that is generally only fans of the respective clubs who watch lower division live games - as most of them will be at HP I do wonder how attractive this fixture will actually be to Sky