Grandstand open day?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It looks like there isn’t an Open Day for fans look around the facilities in the new grandstand.
A friend of mine asked about this in the club shop today and was told there are no plans for fans to have a look inside the new grandstand, which is a shame.
It could be the shop staff are misinformed or the club would rather wait a few more weeks to host an Open Day? Either way, it’s a very good idea to have an Open Day.

An Open Day during the Christmas holidays would have been an ideal time for the club to show off the grandstand, especially around the Swindon game when, all being well, the grandstand will be fully operational.

Similarly, is there a corporate Open Day for businesses to look around the new facilities to help the club attract potential customers?

Aug 11, 2013
Be a great idea. Extra footfall for the shop and a voluntary donation option for something ‘Argyle in the community’ related. Visit to new changing rooms too please. I’m in.

Feb 15, 2005
I thought I’d read in the ‘earld that there would be one, seems foolish not to have one.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
At the Fans’ Forum in late September, I asked if there will be Open Day opportunities for supporters to see the new developments.
Andrew Parkinson replied “There will be opportunities - definitely”.
He could not put a timeline on this as, understandably, the priority is for the project to be completed and the new Grandstand and other facilities to be ready for opening at the earliest opportunity. There would also be health and safety concerns about arranging such tours until it is safe to do so.
So, I assume that, some time in the New Year, interested supporters will be invited to attend a guided tour/s of the new developments.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Would probably bring in revenue from merchandise / catering if organised properly. If the club don’t do it, it seems a missed opportunity..

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
£10 a punt would be a good earner for the club.

Sep 22, 2003
Beckenham Kent
Good idea - for someone like myself who is exiled in deepest SE London and doesn’t get to Home Park very often, it would be great to be able to have a look round and take in a match .

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
There's still no news on a grandstand Open Day for ordinary fans to have a look around.
The club have been active in 'showarounds' for potential business and corporate clients.

Perhaps after the Swindon game which is the final test event an Open Day can be arranged?

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
PL2 3DQ":16223st8 said:
There's still no news on a grandstand Open Day for ordinary fans to have a look around.
The club have been active in 'showarounds' for potential business and corporate clients.

Perhaps after the Swindon game which is the final test event an Open Day can be arranged?

Fans can pay £15 or £23 to have a look around. I'm sure they'll show people around who want to hold an event there too.

Argyle are now starting to operate as a business when it comes to the grandstand and the conference facilities. From that point of view I still find it odd that they signed a contract to outsource the fan's bars. (I guess it saved the cost of building.)

May 16, 2016
Argylegames":kxxtp6hn said:
PL2 3DQ":kxxtp6hn said:

Fans can pay £15 or £23 to have a look around. I'm sure they'll show people around who want to hold an event there too.

Argyle are now starting to operate as a business when it comes to the grandstand and the conference facilities. From that point of view I still find it odd that they signed a contract to outsource the fan's bars. (I guess it saved the cost of building.)

£23 to have a look around facilities I probably wont use ?