Brief Synopsis

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Forest Green Vegans 0 - 1 Ginsters Meat Pilgrims.

Superb! The complete team performance.

The first half was about attacking and getting the goal, the second was about resolute defending with the make shift back five holding firm to keep a clean sheet.

Wootton won every header, Josh Grant won every tackle and Palmer made the saves late in the game to spark fantastic celebrations between the fans and players at the final whistle.

We needed a win like this to kick start our season, especially after the defeat against Exeter and it doesn't feel this type of result is a one-off because the players looked so determined and focused typified by substitute Joe Riley who made a crunching tackle that left him injured.

We shaded the first half having done our homework in stopping FGR from playing, we pressed and harried and also created chances.
The winning goal was a short corner by Mayor to Sarcevic who ran along the edge of the penalty area who shot over the keeper with what looked like a slight deflection.
Are footballs still made of leather? If so - the perfect irony.

Sarcevic ran the game during the first half.

McFadzean picked up an injury just before half time and was replaced by Riley for the second half with Edwards switching to the left.

We sat back and repelled attack after attack and in truth we rode our luck at times with shots whistling past Palmer's posts.

Riley was then injured so Moore became our third RWB of the game and Telford came on up front.

Moore had a chance with a flicked header that flew wide and Canavan should have done better with a free header but normal service was FGR laying siege on our goal.

The back five and Palmer were fantastic with Grant mopping up in front of them, he's now found his best position.

Six minutes of injury time seemed like an eternity especially with FGR winning corner after corner.
We held out for a fantastic win.

One criticism is you just wish Danny Mayor would be more involved but hey ho.

Edwards didn't look out of place at LWB when Cooper seemed the obvious option when McFadzean went off.

The ref was very whistle happy which meant most of the game was stop-stop.

We showed a lot of gamesmanship late in the game, nowhere near Wycombe's standards but it's obvious and a sign we can close out games, something that Lowe has previously criticised the players for.

It's difficult to pick a Man of the Match, a lucky dip for Sarcevic, Wootton, Palmer or Josh Grant.

Palmer 8, Wootton 8, Canavan 7, Sawyer 7, Josh Grant 8, Edwards 7, Sarcevic 8, Mayor 6, McFadzean 6, Joel Grant 7, B Moore 7. Subs Telford 7, Taylor 7, Riley 7.

Nov 9, 2008
Great result.

However, standing out there and having people stood directly behind us hurling non-stop abuse at anything that moved, with constant language which was beyond acceptable at a ground which claimed it was actively promoting a family atmosphere really took away from the experience. At times I felt ashamed to be associated with them. Can our fans not be better than that?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
They were league leaders before today. We beat them and now we’re only 5 points behind them.

Shows how quickly things can change and how insane it is to be making final judgments on the manager and team so early in the season.

Aug 2, 2011
Sadly we have more than our fair share of knuckle draggers. They still live in the 80s and lack a brain cell between them. Wish I knew the politically acceptable solution. As you say I am often ashamed to be associated with certain elements who purport to be supporters.

B

Bonehead

mde203":x686r768 said:
Great result.

However, standing out there and having people stood directly behind us hurling non-stop abuse at anything that moved, with constant language which was beyond acceptable at a ground which claimed it was actively promoting a family atmosphere really took away from the experience. At times I felt ashamed to be associated with them. Can our fans not be better than that?

Let it snow , let it snow , let it snow ......

Apr 5, 2008
mde203":1bzk1ro4 said:
Great result.

But it’s the same in any ground,it’s not just Argyle is it.

Football has always been like that,it’s not right of course,but nothing is ever going to be done about it i’m afraid to say

Mar 25, 2007
Rode our luck a bit towards the end, but a great all round performance. Effort, concentration and 'game management' assisted by a lenient ref. The perfect away game. Some immense tackles and great saves too.

Was in the FGR family stand (which is stupidly placed behind the goal and bang up against the away fans - figure that one out) and the GA sounded fantastic all game. To be fair I heard more industrial language from FGR fans behind me than from our lot, and that was with kids all round.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
PL2 3DQ":33g2n92e said:
Forest Green Vegans 0 - 1 Ginsters Meat Pilgrims.

Superb! The complete team performance.

The first half was about attacking and getting the goal, the second was about resolute defending with the make shift back five holding firm to keep a clean sheet.

Wootton won every header, Josh Grant won every tackle and Palmer made the saves late in the game to spark fantastic celebrations between the fans and players at the final whistle.

We needed a win like this to kick start our season, especially after the defeat against Exeter and it doesn't feel this type of result is a one-off because the players looked so determined and focused typified by substitute Joe Riley who made a crunching tackle that left him injured.

We shaded the first half having done our homework in stopping FGR from playing, we pressed and harried and also created chances.
The winning goal was a short corner by Mayor to Sarcevic who ran along the edge of the penalty area who shot over the keeper with what looked like a slight deflection.
Are footballs still made of leather? If so - the perfect irony.

Sarcevic ran the game during the first half.

McFadzean picked up an injury just before half time and was replaced by Riley for the second half with Edwards switching to the left.

We sat back and repelled attack after attack and in truth we rode our luck at times with shots whistling past Palmer's posts.

Riley was then injured so Moore became our third RWB of the game and Telford came on up front.

Moore had a chance with a flicked header that flew wide and Canavan should have done better with a free header but normal service was FGR laying siege on our goal.

The back five and Palmer were fantastic with Grant mopping up in front of them, he's now found his best position.

Six minutes of injury time seemed like an eternity especially with FGR winning corner after corner.
We held out for a fantastic win.

One criticism is you just wish Danny Mayor would be more involved but hey ho.

Edwards didn't look out of place at LWB when Cooper seemed the obvious option when McFadzean went off.

The ref was very whistle happy which meant most of the game was stop-stop.

We showed a lot of gamesmanship late in the game, nowhere near Wycombe's standards but it's obvious and a sign we can close out games, something that Lowe has previously criticised the players for.

It's difficult to pick a Man of the Match, a lucky dip for Sarcevic, Wootton, Palmer or Josh Grant.

Palmer 8, Wootton 8, Canavan 7, Sawyer 7, Josh Grant 8, Edwards 7, Sarcevic 8, Mayor 6, McFadzean 6, Joel Grant 7, B Moore 7. Subs Telford 7, Taylor 7, Riley 7.

Thanks as always for a detailed report.

Few observations from someone who wasn't there today.

Josh Grant- can he maintain consistency in new role?

Only 5 points now between FGR in 2nd and us in 11th. Chance to close gap when Bradford visit next week

George Cooper- after his short run in a starting berth, he now seems banished to the bench - will he be retained after January or will we return him and use budget elsewhere? Personally prefer him further up the pitch than at wing back but not sure he will get many chances there.

Anyway great result today. :scarf:

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Good result, uninspiring performance.

I guess it's the 3 points that matter, but I'm still worried about the lack of any kind of spark in the team. We rode our luck toward the end and it could've easily been 1-1.

Mar 14, 2009
On the way back home....

Loverly little ground and a very friendly club.

A big mention to Josh Grant..... He was fantastic in the CDM role. He filled the gaps and covered the back 3 very well.

Today the team really put in some great effort and application.

My opinion though remains the same as the last few months based on what l saw today. I still don't believe we are clicking as a team. We still look disjointed to me in certain key areas.

I think results will continue to remain inconsistent as performances are scratchy.