Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Argyle were 20 mins away from moving on to the next round with Bristol and Swindon drawing 0-0, but Rovers just scored. Swindon made 2 subs in first 17 mins injuries or tactical??

Bristol Rovers 1, Swindon Town 0. Mark Little (Bristol Rovers) right footed shot from very close range to the top right corner. Assisted by Tareiq Holmes-Dennis with a cross.

Tareiq playing his first game since the spring.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Argyledad":21rsdlq6 said:
What if Swindon equalise ?

In the event of a draw, an extra bonus point would be contested via a penalty shoot-out; should Swindon win the extra point, Argyle will progress on account of us having a better goal difference and head to head record than the Gas, as we won the bonus point against them following a 1-1 at Home Park earlier in the competition. However, should Rovers win the shoot-out, they will qualify and eliminate Argyle.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
We are out. final 1-0

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
giphy.gif

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Fantastic news! :scarf:

Feb 12, 2019
Plymouth
Thats excellent news, i really hate that cup nowadays anyway.

Gives us more focus on the football league now, oh and the proper cup (fa cup).

Sep 25, 2010
PL2 3DQ":33p03mg2 said:
Fantastic news! :scarf:

Totally 100% Disagree.

Even RL would have liked to have stayed in, as far as possible.

It is not a pointless competition , as I have repeatedly said, it gives game time to players on the fringe of the first team, to get game time, like Cooper, Conor Grant and when Baxter comes back, gives him game time, could name numerous players. Plus players coming back from suspension.

Don’t care if we win it or not, but USE the competition for OUR needs.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Martyn":3cfddmqp said:

Our need is to have our players as fit and as rested as possible for league games. There are far too many Tuesday night games without this exercise is getting EFL crowds used to watching PL youth teams play.

The league system should be set up so that Tuesday night games are only necessary for catching up on postponements and FA Cup replays.

Don't get me started on how the FA Cup 3rd round is arranged on a normal league weekend!

Sep 25, 2010
Argylegames":30hqk9n5 said:
Martyn":30hqk9n5 said:

Our need is to have our players as fit and as rested as possible for league games. There are far too many Tuesday night games without this exercise is getting EFL crowds used to watching PL youth teams play.

The league system should be set up so that Tuesday night games are only necessary for catching up on postponements and FA Cup replays.

Don't get me started on how the FA Cup 3rd round is arranged on a normal league weekend!

That is not what I am saying at all. Your gripe is about playing PL under 21 teams, I couldn’t care a monkey’s. I am saying use this competition for OUR needs, to give players game time, and coming back from suspension. Something RL would like, it is not all about training, players would rather play, then more training.

Don’t understand your Tuesday night apology, we need Tuesday nights also to get league games in.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I understand what your are saying Martyn, and part of me agrees BUT there are bigger fish to fry fry here and I think the fans that stay away and want us out have a good point.

This was a very sneaky try by the suits and it was sussed by us fans. They may deny it, but it was definitely a stealth idea behind it.