Overall feeling in visiting Bury Fans | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Overall feeling in visiting Bury Fans

• Thread starter desperateshaker
  • Start date
D

desperateshaker

Could i ask what is the overall feeling of Bury fans visiting the odd game in the North West

We came to your first game of the season and your words support was overwhelmingly emotional

Today a few of us attended baring in mind we are football fans with no club, we don't watch moneyball on TV and thought we would once again show our support

Although the majority of your support made us welcome and stopped to speak, listened to what was now going on with Bury and offered their condolences we also experience alot of anamositiy towards us, and would like to know why the sudden change of heart

We had a support aggressively confront us outside the ground (fat bald green coat hello to you sir, such a delight)
telling us that he wouldnt follow ex Argyle players around the country, and we shouldn't be here,

maybe not but he hasn't had his team taken from him, he took exception when a member of Argyle staff hugged a Bury fan who he obviously knew outside of football, he seemed outraged that the Bury lad missed home, surely if he'd been made redundant and left to work miles from home, regardless of the hard work put in, surely he'd miss his family?

We had a Supporter tell a steward we shouldn't be in this end and a female fan abused at half time

The majority of your support have been and always are phenomenal but I'm just perplexed at why the census has seemed to change,

This isn't a post to cause problems but just to understand why some have such animosity at other football fans coming to watch a game,

To the fan that told me you shouldn't be here, you was with what seemed to be your son? I was with my father and uncle, out time as a family has been wripped apart, I hope your bond and hobby with your family Doesnt get taken away from you

Once again all the best for the season to such a wonderful set of supporters, I'm sure you will go up this season

earl grey

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Nov 26, 2011
Pathetic.

Sorry you met some awful individuals.

Thanks for your support

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Love to help you ... but words fail me tbh!! :facepalm:

Sorry mate.

Most Argyle fans are decent people, understand your standpoint and welcome you to watch our team with us.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Sorry you seem to have encountered the braindead moron contingent today! I'm sure the vast majority of Argyle supporters are more than happy to welcome you to our games and I for one hope you're not put off by today's experience.

Apr 4, 2004
I'm really sorry to hear that Bury fans have been treated this way. As with all clubs, the vast majority of our fans a re reasonable and will welcome you. But we have some utter tools supporting the team too. I can't even imagine what goes on in some of their heads. I think you'll find that nothing has changed. 99% of us will empathise with Bury and your fans. But the 1% will be the ones that will make all the noise and will be the ones you'll remember. I think these types are present at clubs throughout the county. Hopefully they will eventually all stay away but for the moment at least we all have to endure with the knowledge that football does attract some horrible people. Please don't take it to heart. The 99% don't want these people anywhere near our club

Mar 8, 2016
You always get one or two w@nkrs Iā€™m afraid. Also you should have highlighted to that belter that bury to Bolton isnā€™t across the country, itā€™s a stones throw. Your situation was very nearly us not so long ago and 99% of our fan base understand that. Youā€™re welcome to attend any argyle game as far as Iā€™m concerned.

D

desperateshaker

Don't get us wrong, your support is unbelievable and I wish that the more people from Bury had the same affiliation to their home town

The fact your away support is littered with Plymouth fans based all over the country shows that you never forget your roots and that can only be admired

GreenDave1981

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Aug 5, 2017
desperateshaker":3ao4use1 said:
Don't get us wrong, your support is unbelievable and I wish that the more people from Bury had the same affiliation to their home town

The fact your away support is littered with Plymouth fans based all over the country shows that you never forget your roots and that can only be admired

So join our clan and be welcomed at any game you can come to (or any other game at any other club come to that). If roles were reversed (as they very nearly were) I would be travelling to watch Bury play Yeovil, swindon, Exeter etc and we all still have our fingers crossed for you that those fixtures will happen again some time soon.

And more to the point, anyone who gives fellow footy fans agro when we are all just trying to enjoy our Saturday afternoon is a total melt, so who give a heck what they have to say about anything.

:scarf:

jespafc

āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
God, how embarrassing.

Really sorry to you and the fellow Bury fans who experienced that. In general the Green Army is great, but we do have a minority of total morons.

The mentality of some people is just hard to fathom at times.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Donā€™t forget thereā€™s a significant minority who havenā€™t really given Ryan Lowe a chance, so theyā€™re not likely to welcome Bury fans with open arms. It is pathetic, but they are just a minority who are never positive whoever is in charge.

Feb 2, 2007
Totally cringeworthy, some of our ā€œfansā€ are just morons. Like any culture, you have your great people and you have your tosspots, sounds like you met the tosspots today. They donā€™t represent the 99% and I think as a club we are generally lucky to have a relatively small amount of idiots.

Hope this doesnā€™t put you off future support, there is now an established friendship between our clubs, and I canā€™t wait to see Bury rise again, which I am confident will happen very soon. Good luck.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Letā€™s be right though. It doesnā€™t pay to get too sycophantic about Bury. We all know we will hate em if they ever recover to the point that they could either relegate us or pip us to promotion!!! Canā€™t recall us feeling this sorry for Pompey :whistle: :whistle:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Devongreenowl":15v30wps said:
Letā€™s be right though. It doesnā€™t pay to get too sycophantic about Bury. We all know we will hate em if they ever recover to the point that they could either relegate us or pip us to promotion!!! Canā€™t recall us feeling this sorry for Pompey

Could be worse, they could be Yorkshiremen! :shock:

;) :lol:

Jun 27, 2019
Apologies from all decent Argyle fans for the behaviour of the amoeba-brained imbecile you encountered today, Shaker. As you'll be aware, all football clubs have a minority of unpleasant dickheads and you were unlucky to run into one of ours today.

Unfortunately there are some who feel Ryan Lowe is flattering to deceive, and you probably bore the brunt of that sentiment.

After what you guys have been through you deserve much better, and I hope it hasn't put you off attending again.

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
Obviously posted with a view to an apologetic reaction. Shock horror, some football fans are bellends. No doubt if the boot was on the other foot there'd be a few prats who happen to follow Bury gobbing off.

Encountering a few losers in an away following of 900 is hardly representative of our fanbase.