Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Thursday 19 September | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Thursday 19 September

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The latest Argyle news and gossip.

Injury update - Niall Canavan missed the Crawley game due to a 'niggle' and is now back in training, Joe Riley is fully fit and Byron Moore will be missing for a few weeks due to a hamstring injury.
Ryan Lowe spoke about Moore ....
“I have just been to see Byron. He’s a bit gutted, he’s a bit disappointed. We don’t know yet, we are just waiting for the scan results.
“They should be with us any time soon but the likelihood is he will be out for a couple of weeks.”

Ryan Lowe talks about Jose Baxter's contract situation ...
"We know what Jo is about. We know what type of quality he has got and possesses.
"He’s a fantastic lad, he’s a fantastic player. He’s probably too good for this level, let’s have it right in terms of his knowledge of football, but he at the level for a reason.
“We have got Jo on a short-term deal. He’s not worried about it, I’m not worried about it because we own the rights to him, if you like.
“When we are ready to give him an improved contract we will do that, but at this moment in time Jo is enjoying his football.
“He’s with us until January 18 so we will address it. It took him a little while to get up to fitness, he’s now up to fitness.”
“Once we have sat down and discussed, we will discuss it with him, but he’s our player.”

Defender Will Aimson talked about the Crawley game .... club website

In his second interview Niall Canavan talks about playing in matches while suffering from diabetes.... club website

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I'm just wondering out loud here:

Is it just me or have there been an unusually high number of hamstring injuries in the forward line so far this year (Grant, Moore, Telford and then Moore again). If so, might there some underlying contributory factor? When John Lucas joined the staff much was made of Bury's great record with player fitness and injuries but things don't seem to be going so well down here.

Devizes Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Feb 8, 2016
The Doctor":2iqymlv7 said:
I'm just wondering out loud here:

Is it just me or have there been an unusually high number of hamstring injuries in the forward line so far this year (Grant, Moore, Telford and then Moore again). If so, might there some underlying contributory factor? When John Lucas joined the staff much was made of Bury's great record with player fitness and injuries but things don't seem to be going so well down here.

Yes didn't Ryan say Bury had 97% player availability last season in terms of injuries which seemed rather unusual as players will always get injuries of one sort or another.Hopefully the injuries will reduce as the season progresses

Apr 9, 2011
Agree entirely . Either Moore is injury prone or plain unlucky as he seems to have been injured most of the time he has been here. One of the boasts of the Bury staff when they arrived here was the high player availability at Bury last season due to lack of long term injuries not proven so far this season!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
There's been no time for long term injuries yet Phil. :angel: