Danny Mayor | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Danny Mayor

Feb 24, 2008
Went to Port Vale on Saturday & Crawley last night !

What a Player we have and probably more to come !

One of those Players who when he gets the Ball you get a " Tingle " of Excitement inside !

He must be an absolute " Nightmare " to play against at League 2 Level and he almost seems to " Glide " with the Ball ! No wonder the only way to stop him is to kick lumps out of him like Port Vale did !

Better than Carey ? I Think So !

Better than Lamerias ? Definately !

:scarf: :scarf:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
He IS wonderful when he wants to be.

I still prefer GC10 if I'm honest.

However, the past is the past and DM10 has me on the edge of my seat sometimes, that's for sure.

Lamieras on his day was unplayable but even more 'in and out' then DM.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Still pains me to think what could have been if we had all 3 in the same team

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Jury still out on the better than Carey claim but when we had our purple patch for 20 or 30 minutes last night he ran the show and showed what a talent he is at this level. We have still to see the best of him on a consistent level I am sure.

Jan 20, 2004
Could have been out for a good part of the season after the way he kicked the advertising hording in frustration in front of us last night. Looked like it hurt !

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
He's on a different level than any other player I've seen this season.

Maybe he tries too hard sometimes but what a player.

GC10 has the edge re hard he worked back and delivery from free kicks. But DM's incisive passing and dribbling is slightly ahead of GC10 IMHO. There's not much in it but its early days for DM. GC10 produced the goods over a number of seasons. DM is only just getting started and has huge expectations to deal with (thanks to the gaffer)

Apr 1, 2017
Can be great at times, but certainly no better the Carey or rubes.
I have a nagging feeling for some reason that he won't settle down here and will want a return back to the north west in the summer.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
The difference for me is that Carey at his best could dictate a game. This became less evident as he got older but he certainly had that in him. I don’t see Mayor in the same way. He is perhaps more skilful and definitely quicker than Carey but he’s unlikely to put a stamp on a game. It’s more a case of patches of brilliance at this level and he certainly showed that at times last evening.

Jul 12, 2016
Born green":3a9uhzy7 said:
Can be great at times, but certainly no better the Carey or rubes.
I have a nagging feeling for some reason that he won't settle down here and will want a return back to the north west in the summer.
I was wondering if any of our ex Bury players are suffering with home sickness, Mayor in particular.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Very early days for him in a team still trying to ply its trade with different tactics and players in a different league.

Calm down and try to enjoy what we are doing right now.

Mar 23, 2008
When on song Mayor is a joy to watch and an incredible dribbler especially at thisevel. What he's lacked so far is end product as he's only scored once with perhaps a couple of assists? For his talent that should be higher and think it will come.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Besides his skill and technique I really like his passion.
I know we've seen players thump the club crest on their shirt before as a sign of passion but it seems Mayor genuinely cares. He's really frustrated if a move breaks down and regularly shows his appreciation to the fans.

It's on the pitch that really counts but I do believe Mayor has bought into the club.