Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Sunday 15 September | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Sunday 15 September

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The latest Argyle news and gossip.

Port Vale v Argyle match highlights ... You Tube

Ryan Lowe talked about the Port Vale game ...
“You’ve got to expect the unexpected and that goes with life. We showed the players what Port Vale are going to do, so for a man to run into a space unmarked is disappointing and frustrating.
“Newport was a couple of minutes of madness and today was the same. It’s only a ball, it’s not going to burn you or hurt you. We had to get hold of it and keep it.

“I’m not going to paper over any big hole but there are a couple of cracks, and we have to sort it out. It’s up to me now to potentially make changes and pick a team I think is capable of getting results.

“Sometimes, when there is a bit of pressure on us, some players revert back to type. Well, no, you revert to my type or you don’t play. We didn’t get on the ball as much as we should and play our way because, once you beat the press, you’re alright. It’s do what I ask you to do or don’t play.

“I’m not concerned in three away games we lost. I’m concerned with individual errors but not concerned with the way we’re trying to play, just certain errors, and I’ll address that.
“We’ll never adapt and try to play the way I believe in, which has been successful. The lads have got to stick to it and we got out comfortably from defensive situations, especially in the first half. We’ve got routines and patterns of play. We’ve got to be brave to get on the ball and we just weren’t brave enough.”
Wing-back Callum McFadzean talked about the game .... club website

Defender Joe Riley missed the Port Vale game due to a knee injury but is expected to return to training on Monday and be available for the trip to Crawley Town.

Loan Watch: Ashley Smith-Brown was missing from the Oldham 18-man squad in a 2-2 draw against Grimsby Town.
Striker Alex Fletcher played 82 minutes for Aldershot in a 2-1 win at Stockport County.
Cameron Sangster was a 87th minute substitute as Dorchester Town won 3-1 at Hendon. Tom Purrington was missing from the Dorchester squad.
Ryan Lawe and Luke Jephcott both started for Truro City against Gosport, Jephcott was replaced in the 68th minute by former Argyle striker Louis Rooney who scored a 98th minute winner.

Graham Carey played the full 90 minutes for CSKA Sofia in a 1- 0 away win at Botev Plovdiv on Saturday.

Port Vale goalscorer Nathan Smith talks about the game ...
“To get another goal makes me really happy, over the last few years I’ve struggled to score and I’ve been criticised for that but to get another goal and to get it when it means three points means a lot.   
“To make all three subs in the first-half was very unusual and sometimes backfires and you tire towards the end because you haven’t got any fresh legs to come on, but I think that goes to show how fit we are.

“It’s credit to the lads to keep going and I think it was probably Plymouth who were tiring more towards the end and if we do that every week we’ll come away with a lot more wins than loses.

"To keep conceding the single goals is not good enough as a back four and we knew that, and to get our first home clean-sheet and for it to come in such a way that we get three points, it meant a lot.

“It gives us a lot of confidence going into Tuesday’s game, and for the gaffer to keep confidence in the back four, knowing we haven’t kept as many clean-sheets as we’d have liked just keeps us pushing on.
 “I think going in as an underdog only benefits us, because if people underestimate us we’ll go there and we’ll put on a show and get three points.”

Argyle ladies win 5-1 against Yeovil Town

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Steve Evans":30gxnkle said:
great to see Rubens team top of the Portuguese league and CSKA Sofia fourth.
But a tad sad that Tyler Harvey wasn't in the Real Madrid matchday squad this weekend?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
memory man":gq2jbivy said:
Steve Evans":gq2jbivy said:
But a tad sad that Tyler Harvey wasn't in the Real Madrid matchday squad this weekend?

:lol:

Come on Steve, admit it, that was funny.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
IJN":2j72fqyz said:
memory man":2j72fqyz said:
Steve Evans":2j72fqyz said:

To be serious for a moment, I read Louis Rooney was MoM for Truro City yesterday

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Quintrell_Green":3jjjajo5 said:
IJN":3jjjajo5 said:
memory man":3jjjajo5 said:
Steve Evans":3jjjajo5 said:

To be serious for a moment, I read Louis Rooney was MoM for Truro City yesterday
Not that serious. Ok, he scored the only goal but he was only on for 22 minutes plus stoppage time.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Some 22 minutes it would appear, if he was the Sunday Indy's MoM, It does not say much for other team members in the remaining 75% of the game!