The Board and The Fans | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

The Board and The Fans

Jul 9, 2008
Plymouth
The fantastic feel-good atmosphere towards Ryan Lowe and his team and players continues...but just wondering if many are feeling the Board are not at one with the fans? Four apparently disconnected events suggest they are not listening:
1. The 'Discrimination Statement' - aimed at who and why was it thought necessary?
2. 'No Standing' and the emasculation of the Lyndhurst. Season ticket holders removed without consultation - its like a morgue now.
3. The 'Suporters Bar' which is anything but. Huge credit to the GTs for commitment, but if Exeter C can have an open bar, why can't we?
4. The Exeter C away game ticketing fiasco - tickets released 'out of sequence' before those for the next away game and catching out many who would have tried to get one.

In the round I wonder who is pulling the strings now in the (understandable) absence of the owner and chairman. Do we have a deputy 'Chair' now prev CEO has left? Who is the safe pair of hands we need? Seems drift and disconnect with the fans is happening!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
On the flipside there are good things happening - the pre-match fan zone, the reintroduction of the 10% discount for ST holders, the retro shirts and financially the directors could have taken the easy option and appointed an out of work manager but instead entered the legal minefield at Bury and made sure they got the right manager in Lowe. Plus the financial outlay for extra coaching staff and Neil Dewsnip.
The club is actively seeking feedback from supporters after each game with a dedicated email address.

I don't see the Exeter ticket situation as a 'fiasco', for all we know Exeter might have requested that tickets go on sale early, maybe Exeter needed the money? The sale date was clearly advertised through the usual media channels.

There's lots of good going on at the club.

Mar 8, 2016
I think it’s harsh to criticise the board to much because off the pitch I don’t think this club has ever been run better, certainly not since I’ve been supporting them. They won’t get everything right, who does, but we are heading in the right direction which is pleasing.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
1. The 'Discrimination Statement' - aimed at who and why was it thought necessary?

Brought about because of the complaints about the away support at Northampton. Argyle must react on such complaints or face the sort of sanctions bigger teams like Rangers keep facing.

Feb 25, 2008
Crownhill
I think the club are merely reiterating the league and FA rules, particularly in view of the need to get the stadium re-certificated to include our new stand by the Safety at Sports Grounds people.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Argylegames":h58fzco7 said:
Brought about because of the complaints about the away support at Northampton. Argyle must react on such complaints or face the sort of sanctions bigger teams like Rangers keep facing.

Yep, here's your answer...

Club secretary Zac Newton has appealed to the Green Army to report any offenders so they can be identified and prevent them from further tarnishing the reputation of Argyle.

Newton admitted that his trips to away games in recent times had been spoilt by the ‘appalling behaviour of a very small, but significant, majority of our supporters’.

The latest example was homophobic chanting during the League Two fixture at Northampton Town on August 31.

Newton addressed the issue in his column for the matchday programme when Argyle played Oldham Athletic at Home Park on Saturday.

He wrote: “I attend (almost) every match each season, partly to fulfil some elements of my role but also as a fan of almost 35 years.

“Unfortunately, my enjoyment of away trips has been spoilt in recent times because of the appalling behaviour of a very small, but significant, minority of our supporters.”

Newton revealed some of the consequences of this would be reduced ticket allocations for away games, increased stewarding and policing, and ‘greater scrutiny by the football authorities’.

He said: “Yet again last Saturday (at Northampton), an element of our following, who seemingly claim to be Argyle fans, brought the club into disrepute through their anti-social behaviour and seemed to think it acceptable to engage in homophobic chanting. It is not.

“Sadly, we are rapidly gaining a reputation in football as a club who has an element of ‘fans’ who seem to think that it is acceptable to behave however they wish to just because they are at a football match. It is not.

“This will inevitably lead to reduced ticket allocations for away fixtures, increased stewarding and policing, and greater scrutiny by the football authorities.

“Not surprisingly we have received a number of complaints following Saturday and also about similar incidents at Crewe and Newport County.

“The national media have also been in touch, as have the Football Association, who will almost certainly charge us unless we can demonstrate that we are doing everything possible to ensure that our supporters behave appropriately and do not breach ground regulations or break the law.”

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Surely the answer is a very simple one.

Anyone found to be breaching the ground regulations should be arrested and charged and, on conviction, banned from every football ground in the country for life.

This is the 21st Century, not the 70s. If you want to play at being a pseudo toughie, go join a kick boxing club and see how hard you really are.

Just stay the hell away from Argyle...you're not wanted.

May 3, 2016
I personally have no problem with the board, Simon and Jane have put finances up to re build the grandstand and foot I would imagine an increased wage bill for this season, the other directors are all fans who have also put money into the club, having met them a few times they are all very nice people, and I include JB in that statement.

9/10

As for the GT''s without them and their volunteers and JB we would not have a club - end of.

9/10

The problem I have is certain employees at the club think they own it, it's like a catwalk watching them walk along the pitch in front of the Lyndhurst before games.
As Mr Newton said he was horrified to hear homeaphobic chants from his seat at the away game at Northampton. Would it have been better to get out of your nice seat and approach these people and explain Argyle's view on this subject, you would have got far more respect than putting out snotty emails in the hearld. Some of the correspondence sent out to the fans even the announcements at match days are very patronising, just remember no matter who you think you are, we the fans pay your wages.

1/10
:-C

Aug 5, 2005
area51":2il5647m said:
I personally have no problem with the board, Simon and Jane have put finances up to re build the grandstand and foot I would imagine an increased wage bill for this season, the other directors are all fans who have also put money into the club, having met them a few times they are all very nice people, and I include JB in that statement.

9/10

As for the GT''s without them and their volunteers and JB we would not have a club - end of.

9/10

The problem I have is certain employees at the club think they own it, it's like a catwalk watching them walk along the pitch in front of the Lyndhurst before games.
As Mr Newton said he was horrified to hear homeaphobic chants from his seat at the away game at Northampton. Would it have been better to get out of your nice seat and approach these people and explain Argyle's view on this subject, you would have got far more respect than putting out snotty emails in the hearld. Some of the correspondence sent out to the fans even the announcements at match days are very patronising, just remember no matter who you think you are, we the fans pay your wages.

1/10

I am very confused.

Why do some people seem to think it's a bad thing to try to stop racist or homophobic chanting?

Aug 10, 2006
Biggs":3j8l1nvr said:
Argylegames":3j8l1nvr said:

Yep, here's your answer...

Club secretary Zac Newton has appealed to the Green Army to report any offenders so they can be identified and prevent them from further tarnishing the reputation of Argyle.

Newton admitted that his trips to away games in recent times had been spoilt by the ‘appalling behaviour of a very small, but significant, majority of our supporters’.

The latest example was homophobic chanting during the League Two fixture at Northampton Town on August 31.

Newton addressed the issue in his column for the matchday programme when Argyle played Oldham Athletic at Home Park on Saturday.

He wrote: “I attend (almost) every match each season, partly to fulfil some elements of my role but also as a fan of almost 35 years.

“Unfortunately, my enjoyment of away trips has been spoilt in recent times because of the appalling behaviour of a very small, but significant, minority of our supporters.”

Newton revealed some of the consequences of this would be reduced ticket allocations for away games, increased stewarding and policing, and ‘greater scrutiny by the football authorities’.

He said: “Yet again last Saturday (at Northampton), an element of our following, who seemingly claim to be Argyle fans, brought the club into disrepute through their anti-social behaviour and seemed to think it acceptable to engage in homophobic chanting. It is not.

“Sadly, we are rapidly gaining a reputation in football as a club who has an element of ‘fans’ who seem to think that it is acceptable to behave however they wish to just because they are at a football match. It is not.

“This will inevitably lead to reduced ticket allocations for away fixtures, increased stewarding and policing, and greater scrutiny by the football authorities.

“Not surprisingly we have received a number of complaints following Saturday and also about similar incidents at Crewe and Newport County.

“The national media have also been in touch, as have the Football Association, who will almost certainly charge us unless we can demonstrate that we are doing everything possible to ensure that our supporters behave appropriately and do not breach ground regulations or break the law.”
they are Argyle fans what do you think they travelled to Northampton for.

Heathrow Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
area51":3tprgfba said:

1/10

WTF.
Why should he. It’s not his fault that knuckle-draggers cannot respect social norms.

If you cannot behave in an acceptable manner when at a game you have to ask yourself, what am I doing here.

If you find it acceptable to abuse players because of their race, skin colour, sexual orientation or anything of the like then you will find yourself restricted in where you can go and that includes Argyle banning you from games and the ground.