Grandstand Working Group. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Grandstand Working Group.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I might get bollocked for this, but let’s give it a try.

Does anyone want me to ask a specific question this week when we meet for another GAGWAG?

I won’t be asking financial questions, or anything which can be construed as contentious though.

For example I will be asking why there are some back panels with cross struts as asked on the Refurb Forum.

So any burning questions you want to ask, bung them here and let’s see if I can get some answers.

:thumbup:

May 11, 2019
Hi

Could you ask how seating will be allocated to season ticket holders who previously sat in the grandstand, this relates to the new configuration.

Thanks

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
IJN":1bqtosz5 said:
I might get bollocked for this, but let’s give it a try.

Does anyone want me to ask a specific question this week when we meet for another GAGWAG?

I won’t be asking financial questions, or anything which can be construed as contentious though.

For example I will be asking why there are some back panels with cross struts as asked on the Refurb Forum.

So any burning questions you want to ask, bung them here and let’s see if I can get some answers.

:thumbup:
Do we have to wait until Christmas when the project as a whole is complete before any of the new facilities can be used or could we perhaps open up the seats on the Mayflower Terrace a bit earlier once the groundwork is complete and safe access and egress has been established and certified?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I’ve asked that one already. Due to HSE restrictions, no access will be given to any of the seats until the project is finished.

So the fitting out period, inside/underneath will be treated as part of the works therefore it will still be treated as a building site.

Dec 3, 2005
I am concerned about the concourse underneath - it was usually congested before, especially where the TV's were, but the concourse now looks even narrower.

Feb 21, 2012
Plymouth
Will the vertical roof supports be painted dark green,or preferably black as then they will not be so visible,if white they stand out more.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
djg145":232hxpel said:
I am concerned about the concourse underneath - it was usually congested before, especially where the TV's were, but the concourse now looks even narrower.

It may be that leads to more of an emphasis on 'hanging out' on the outside of the grandstand or that large looking refreshment area.

Which leads me to a question... what's planned for the immediate vicinity of the grandstand once you're through the turnstiles? I heard murmurs of a street food type area, and would be good to have some covered area so everyone doesn't have to go into that narrow concourse for shelter.

Jun 2, 2016
is anything else happening on the changing room exterior appearance ?
sure they are good inside but from the outside, with the brick & metal spike fence, it looks a bit like an electricity sub station.

Aug 4, 2018
Can you ask if there's any further plans, if any, for Bobby's garden.

Also, will we see Argyle memorabilia don the walls and other areas of the new GT's bar?

Are the toilet blocks that were craned in yesterday temporary?

Will we see a players tunnel for when the teams come out of the new changing rooms?

Thank you.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
the_corkscrew":28c7kkwz said:
is anything else happening on the changing room exterior appearance ?
sure they are good inside but from the outside, with the brick & metal spike fence, it looks a bit like an electricity sub station.

That is what there is. Looks ok to me.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Diamond Lil":japws4n3 said:
Can you ask if there's any further plans, if any, for Bobby's garden.

Also, will we see Argyle memorabilia don the walls and other areas of the new GT's bar?

Are the toilet blocks that were craned in yesterday temporary?

Will we see a players tunnel for when the teams come out of the new changing rooms?

Thank you.

Bobby’s garden will look very neat. With adverts over it. A bit like Crystal Palace’s corner.

PAHA and the GT’s are arranging for memorabilia to adorn the GT’s facilities. We have donated quite a few framed shirts to this cause.

The toilet blocks are not temporary. They are modular like the shop is.

Jon Back is busy negotiating a tunnel with GLE.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I would add all of answers above are based on my knowledge of what’s happening through many chats and discussions with Argyle employees.

Therefore not official and some things might change.

But at least there are answers with no agenda or bias.

Hopefully they are taken at face value.

As an example I was told that the PA and Facade would all be completed by ‘the end of August’ and that hasn’t been the case.

Why? I have no idea, but it does show the intention. Which (sort of) helps.

Feb 5, 2006
Plymouth.
Myself and my lad have had season tickets in the front row of the grandstand for the last 6 seasons down at the East end.
Previously the front row was row B but now they have put in an extra row presumably row A.
Will we have the choice to relocate to row A the 'new' front row?
Also at a previous fans forum I attended Mr Dunford said there would be a week in June set aside for when existing grandstand season ticket holders would get to go up to look at the new seats.
Obviously June has now gone but are there any other plans in place for us to go up to our new seats before the stand officially opens?

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
Can the portacabin toilets be moved, perhaps behind the grandstand or something permanent be built elsewhere? Dumping them where they have seems ludicrous and totally spoils the ground floor look around that area, that up to now was looking so smart.