A Question about iFollow | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

A Question about iFollow

Moleman

✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2006
Plymouth
Can anyone tell me if you can watch the games that are on iFollow in the UK, on a Smart TV with a web browser?

Just for clarity this is NOT the Saturday games but the ones available in the UK i.e. Crawley away on Tuesday night.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
I've a Samsung and a Sony TV plus an Amazon Fire stick on a third TV. The iFollow app is not available to download for either TVs so I've tried accessing a match via the web browser interface as you suggest and although it will load initially, once the game starts the picture breakup is too bad to watch. I suspect this is down to the rubbish browser implementations on both TVs (it's not the network as I can watch 4K Netflix or similar without a problem).
I've also tried casting from a mobile phone to all three TVs and all I get is sound with no picture. Irritating, as I can do the same from the BT sport app and it works flawlessly with excellent picture quality.
Finally, I've tried casting from my PC to the TVs and although it works initially, after a short while the picture gets juddery and impossible to watch so I have to go back and sit in front of my PC to watch it!

So in my limited experience, I have not been able to get it to work properly on a TV either with or without using the web browser. If anyone has any ideas as to get any of the above to work then feel free to post any tips!

German Shepherd

🚑 Steve Hooper
Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
I connect an ethernet cable from my laptop to my router/modem thing (Im not a technical bod); to ensure no WiFi signal break up. Then connect an HDMI cable to TV from laptop. Jobs a good un with no buffering. Get a good picture on TV.
If I can do it anyone can :greensmile:

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Apple TV works well from the PAFC App to TV for wireless casting. Otherwise laptop via HDMI is your best bet.

Moleman

✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2006
Plymouth
SwimWithTheTide":3gobl1tf said:
Apple TV works well from the PAFC App to TV for wireless casting. Otherwise laptop via HDMI is your best bet.

Ah that's interesting, I thought it would be the same as with Sky Sports and be blocked. Thanks for that looks like the way to go. Can't do a laptop to TV via HDMI as i haven't got a laptop! I've got an iMac at home and have watched on there in the past but I will be in a Static caravan in Cornwall on Tuesday night that is equipped with a 43" Smart TV. I normally watch on an iPad if away but wondered if I could get it on the TV instead, I've got an Apple TV box so will try that.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
warney":3ncxkjuv said:
I've a Samsung and a Sony TV plus an Amazon Fire stick on a third TV. The iFollow app is not available to download for either TVs so I've tried accessing a match via the web browser interface as you suggest and although it will load initially, once the game starts the picture breakup is too bad to watch. I suspect this is down to the rubbish browser implementations on both TVs (it's not the network as I can watch 4K Netflix or similar without a problem).
I've also tried casting from a mobile phone to all three TVs and all I get is sound with no picture. Irritating, as I can do the same from the BT sport app and it works flawlessly with excellent picture quality.
Finally, I've tried casting from my PC to the TVs and although it works initially, after a short while the picture gets juddery and impossible to watch so I have to go back and sit in front of my PC to watch it!

So in my limited experience, I have not been able to get it to work properly on a TV either with or without using the web browser. If anyone has any ideas as to get any of the above to work then feel free to post any tips!
I still find it hard to grasp the concept of three TVs in a house? What a difference 60 years makes! I was brought up in a 16 house cul-de-sac and at 5 o'clock we all piled into one lad's house to watch the only TV in the street to watch the single channel available via an aerial. There was no satellite TV, mainly because in 1958 there were no satellites lol

May 28, 2019
i use a chrome cast stick from google ,works fine ,plug it into hdmi port in my 60" , connect pc and chromecast on the wifi, click cast on google browser , simples !! you also need decent wifi around the house, and a decent download speed ,which sounds like the problem some of you are having,

Oct 12, 2015
I have one of those Virgin TV tablets - I'm looking to get ifollow, so following this thread with interest.
Does anyone know if the TV tablet is compatible ?

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
SwimWithTheTide":2nzgsees said:

I can’t get it to cast, I can get audio but not the picture through screen mirror on Apple TV. Am I doing something wrong?

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
BBC radio devon comms behind again... really not good enough

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Daz":3ip1k4aa said:
SwimWithTheTide":3ip1k4aa said:

I can’t get it to cast, I can get audio but not the picture through screen mirror on Apple TV. Am I doing something wrong?
That's exactly the problem I get with casting from Android. I've never solved it. Prerecorded video works fine but live streams I just get the audio. :furious: