Makes me appreciate him even more... | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Makes me appreciate him even more...

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
Despite having Donaldson, Slew, Miller, Bulvitis, Sawyer, Spencer due to budgetary constraints Derek Adams still managed to finish joint top of League 2 with portsmouth with 86 points! A manager that knew that you needed to be able to defend and attack set plays and play second ball Football to do something in this League. After both seasons in League 2 after 7 games we were top with 15 points even though the second season could have taken a while to get going due to wembley disappointment and the construction of a whole new team!

As time goes on we will look back and maybe realise we should have treated the old manager with a little more respect.

He is nowhere near as good a salesman as this current manager but when we are still trying to play out from the back on mud baths in January lets hope our fanbase shows a little more loyalty although judging by yesterdays comments around me patience is already wearing thin...

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
up_the_line":6txcpqpr said:
Its only Adams players holding us back.

I think you will find its the system - Ryan Lowe could have changed personnel as DA did but chose to believe in fellow North Westerners Riley, Sarce, Wootton

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
edmonds200":rjfrawsl said:
up_the_line":rjfrawsl said:
Its only Adams players holding us back.

I think you will find its the system - Ryan Lowe could have changed personnel as DA did but chose to believe in fellow North Westerners Riley, Sarce, Wootton

Glad to hear you admit he should have got rid of ALL of Adams' signings

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
edmonds200":it48f056 said:
Despite having Donaldson, Slew, Miller, Bulvitis, Sawyer, Spencer due to budgetary constraints Derek Adams still managed to finish joint top of League 2 with portsmouth with 86 points! A manager that knew that you needed to be able to defend and attack set plays and play second ball Football to do something in this League. After both seasons in League 2 after 7 games we were top with 15 points even though the second season could have taken a while to get going due to wembley disappointment and the construction of a whole new team!

As time goes on we will look back and maybe realise we should have treated the old manager with a little more respect.

He is nowhere near as good a salesman as this current manager but when we are still trying to play out from the back on mud baths in January lets hope our fanbase shows a little more loyalty although judging by yesterdays comments around me patience is already wearing thin...

Could you just remind me who Adams is managing now?

Oct 31, 2015
edmonds200":3ahydqw2 said:

:funny: :funny: :funny:

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
Devongreenowl":z2di0z1g said:
edmonds200":z2di0z1g said:

Enjoying his break and probably still laughing at the fact the current salesman (sorry manager) said Mayor is better than Carey..

May 8, 2011
edmonds200":24hxz9xs said:

Certainly the Argyle Community Trust appreciated him and will be missing the tens of thousands of pounds he donated to it over his period at Argyle.
It would be nice if Lowe continued on with Adam’s generosity.

May 8, 2011
Devongreenowl":372n7de3 said:
edmonds200":372n7de3 said:

Adams is very fortunate in that he can afford to wait for the right job to become available, in the meantime he will just play golf, watch football matches and go on holidays.

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
HC Green":196ovy5n said:
edmonds200":196ovy5n said:

Certainly the Argyle Community Trust appreciated him and will be missing the tens of thousands of pounds he donated to it over his period at Argyle.
It would be nice if Lowe continued on with Adam’s generosity.

The old Manager agreed to waive any compo when he left (he could have held out for some) and gave to more than the trust - he donated to many charites and if he hadn't made the 2 main mistakes (letting Luke go and not selling troublemaker Ladapo in Jan) we would be a top half league 1 team now with some great fixtures coming up. Still he will never be appreciated but ryan Lowe who has us playing turgid mid table League 2 football with overpaid Journeymen is still applauded off. Derek was booed when we drew 0-0 with a championship side in Feb and abused yet Lowe is applauded after a lucky 2-2 with Oldham!! Figure that one out

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
Devongreenowl":mh4tzv9r said:
Maybe it’s because Ryan Lowe has only been in the job three months, whereas Adams had five years to take them back to exactly where he started. Progress?

Play like we have the last 2 league games and it will take 10 years to get to League 1 !!!!

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
I wasn't sorry to see Derek Adams go but I did wonder during yesterday's turgid tippy tappy if we had reappointed him.

I know it will take a while for it all to "gel" but apart from a few isolated flashes this is not the sexy football we were promised.

And what's this nonsense about the players being "tired". It's the beginning of September - they should try a job in the real world.