Lack of atmosphere? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Lack of atmosphere?

Mar 23, 2019
A friend who was at the game today said to me it was the worst atmosphere he can remember at a league game.. hes been going for over 40 years.

I wasn't there but can anyone confirm this?

Very worrying, although performances on the pitch must take priority, the club need to address this issue.

So many ex players say they used to dread coming to Home Park, lets not change that.

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
Well other than Ryan Ryan Ryan Lowe they seem devoid of any chants?

I thought the idea was to support the team, not sychophantic mewing to the new manager?

Mar 23, 2019
argobenz":s6wb2cy2 said:

I thought the idea was to support the team, not sychophantic mewing to the new manager?

Who is they? Block 3?

May 28, 2019
the crowd is becoming what the club wants , pay your money , sit down, shut up, and you can show your support in moments of excitement , when there is not any excitement, that is what happens,no atmosphere....i been going for 40 years , but walking into argyle is like entering a little dictatorship world, with in the confines of home park...

Mar 23, 2019
greybeard-kernow":1k9hvt6w said:
the crowd is becoming what the club wants , pay your money , sit down, shut up, and you can show your support in moments of excitement , when there is not any excitement, that is what happens,no atmosphere....i been going for 40 years , but walking into argyle is like entering a little dictatorship world, with in the confines of home park...

Yeah, got to say i don't really find home games very enjoyable when i go, the closing of block 16 and the lack of mayflower terrace definitely contributes to this.

Feb 28, 2009
Torquay
I'm in Block 15 and there's very little noise from that end. I could hear some faint singing from the Devonport end early in the game but that soon died out.

Can't rememberthe last time I enjoyed the HP atmosphere

Mar 8, 2016
Atmosphere has been pretty decent this season to be fair. Granted today was crap but hey ho. Danny mayor needs a song devonport end.

Sep 2, 2006
Paignton
Donā€™t forget....
Decent away turnout means a better atmosphere. We have to accept that we are in league feckin 2 and will have to endure an away end of 75 fans for most of the season. So it is only the natural the the atmosphere is going to be pants most of the time. Thatā€™s the same for any club.

Jan 11, 2009
The first 15 minutes did not help as Oldham were in total control and got their goal. Good job we equalised fairly soon after. Yes it was flat but the constant messing around in defence made me edgy.

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
If your mate has been going 40 years he would have seen some crap in that time.

There was no way that today was top of the crap list.

We're still playing a new way of football - 4 of todays team were Adams' signings who are still adjusting to actually using the round object that is sent their way as opposed to just letting the other team have it for 80 minutes.

Mar 23, 2008
Atmosphere has been very flat on the whole this season. Why? Perhaps some dejection we are back in this awful league? Fans getting used to a new style? Lack of away fans? Or all of the above I suspect.

leeroy221

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
May 10, 2015
The atmosphere was very flat today. I personally dont think the style of play helps. I think people were expecting all out attack this season and thats not been the case, it is very patient, play around and out from the back. I think managers know how we will play from their experience of playing Bury last season and i also think we missed Sarc today as there is no other player who drives the team on from midfield.

May 16, 2016
Action Jackson":30wvh14l said:
greybeard-kernow":30wvh14l said:

Yeah, got to say i don't really find home games very enjoyable when i go, the closing of block 16 and the lack of mayflower terrace definitely contributes to this.

I nearly got thrown out for inappropriate clapping and sitting with a sarcastic bent. The Steward also accused me of possessing a disdainful sneer even though I explained it was the sun in my eyes.

The worst I've ever known it in the 2 Years I've been going. All because of the persecution of standers I reckon.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
argobenz":2tchrsnb said:

Thatā€™s a fair point. I said a couple of weeks ago that the Devonport End shouldnā€™t forget to sing about players as well. Iā€™ve never heard a managers name sung so much at HP or Hillsborough as Ryan Lowe. Eventually it will p1ss the players off.