Good luck Argyle (from a Bury fan) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Good luck Argyle (from a Bury fan)

Matts 19

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jul 19, 2019
Hello

Loyal Bury fan of 30 years here and with new season fast approaching I just wanted to genuinely wish Argyle good luck for the coming season

Unlike a few of my fellow Shakers who i have spoke to and appear a bit bitter towards you i am feeling quite the opposite and will be adopting Argyle as my second team and have even made travel and accomadation arrangements for a trip down to Plymouth for the Oldham game at the start of September

Lowey and Co were absolutely first class while at Gigg and i wish them all nothing but success in thier future ventures

Hopefully you hit the ground running but if you dont try and remain patient as we was absolutely shocking last pre season and only had 4 points from the first 5 games but slowly it started to change and by the end of the season I can honestly say I seen the best style of high tempo attractive attacking football I have ever witnessed at Gigg Lane

All the best for the coming season :thumbup:

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Many thanks for your kind thoughts and wishes, I feel sure that I echo the thoughts of all Pilgrims in wishing you a speedy and happy conclusion to your current ills. We are an obvious example of what can be achieved with the right owner and management team, I hope you find your own James Brent. :scarf:

Matts 19

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jul 19, 2019
The CVA proposal was accepted on Thursday and with that come the first bit of positive news in a while

Sadly we still have a lunatic of a chairman at the helm and still have a substantial amount of money to find but fingers crossed.

Every single player from the match day squad for the final game of last season has now left the club so the rebuilding job ahead is massive

Mar 23, 2008
More importantly, good luck to you. We've been there, it's horrible and you don't deserve this. I think many Argyle fans feel awkward about the situation with Bury with Lowe and players/staff coming here so i would understand some bitterness.

All the best and we hope you find your James Brent.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I keep forgetting Bury are in League 1, so there’s a positive there in that there’s a safety net below you.

Hopefully you can get through this season, find a new owner, and start in League 2 (or League 1 with a minor miracle) next season in good shape as a healthy and financially stable EFL club.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Thanks Matt.

Sadly, I still fear for your club. The CVA sounds good but, as you say, it's still a lot of money to find and unless Dale can find a buyer I fear the worse.

Aug 5, 2015
Yes best wishes for your future. We’ve been there so we know what it’s like. Many people took advantage of our situation when we were in admin. It’s really sickening to see talent slipping away for nothing or at bargain basement prices. There are many folk down here who are not altogether keen on Lowe’s raid on Bury but like he said, if he didn’t plenty of others would. No consolation for Bury fans I know but that’s life unfortunately.

Anyway thanks for your kind thoughts and all the best for a brighter future for you all. May it come quickly.

Matts 19

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jul 19, 2019
Cheers for the good will. Much appreciated

Of all the people to have left our club the one who hurts most is Danny Mayor. Was with us for 6 year and having spoke to him personally on a few occasions what a lovely down to earth quiet lad he is. Absolute peach of a player and i am absolutely astounded he isn't playing in at least the championship this year. He really is a massive singing for you

I can comfortably say he is the most talented player I have ever seen in a Bury shirt and we have had a few good ones over the years. Guys like David Nugent and Colin Kazim Richards spring to mind but Mayor is different class for me. So skillful, clever and creative. If he settles down and finds his form you have the best player in League 2 and by a long way

Looking forward to coming down in September and seeing how well he has settled

Oct 31, 2015
Thanks Matt's

I understand the bitterness felt by some. You had a great season build a gem.of a squad and it's all getting ripped out in front of you whilst the club crumbles.

Happened to us very quickly when we went into admin so most of us in Green have felt that pain. The important thing at this point is to keep the club and rebuild.

You can tell it's taken us ages to get on our feet again and the green routes of recovery are just starting to make a difference now although we got relegated last season.

I am watching the Bury story from afar and feel for you all. Good luck to you all in your quest

tonsk

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
Try attending the fanfest before the game, you'll enjoy a great welcome there. I'm sure someone on here could sort you a ticket?

tonsk

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Good luck to you and your fellow Shakers, Matts.

Get rid of that basket case of a chairman and you’ll be ok.

However, starting on -12 is a pisser.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Wishing Bury all the luck in the world. Proud old club and one that I'd certainly call a 'proper' club, so I really hope your fortunes improve asap.

Loyal fans don't deserve this heartache, as we well know, so I will definitely keep a very close eye on Bury's fortunes this season and hoping more than anything that you survive as a club and pull off a minor miracle to survive in L1.

Matts 19

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jul 19, 2019
tonsk":1wakr556 said:
Try attending the fanfest before the game, you'll enjoy a great welcome there. I'm sure someone on here could sort you a ticket?

tonsk

Yes I read about the fanfest and will definatly have a gander

Thanks to all for the positive wishes

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i wish bury all the best mate.i went to your ground when dave smith was our manager.a good,solid "real" club.take care all bury fans