Wimbledon match thread (includes the goals) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Wimbledon match thread (includes the goals)

Sep 8, 2013
I see that neither Telford nor Taylor is fit for this match. It rather worries me that our main strikers are still not available. We can have an attacking formation, but that rather presupposes having strikers who can do the goods, no?

Jul 12, 2016
This. Difficult to practise the theory if you do not have the players fit enough to carry it out. Only two weeks to go to the new season .

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
It is a concern for sure but RL seems confident they will be able to get game time in next week.
To the game today, and 3 of us will be setting off in half an hour or so and I expect to see a couple of dozen fellow Greens in attendance this morning. Not sure how they play in this heat but looking forward to a game. It has been interesting watching them working on their shape the last couple of days but today is the chance to put it into practise. COYG

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
One look at Wimbledon's pre-season schedule should tell anyone that this will be the serious test we need.
So far they've played Bournemouth, Bristol City, Brentford, Kaiserslautern and Kickers Offenbach. We've played Truro, Parkway and Torquay.
I think we're all a bit concerned as to whether we will be league match ready in 2 weeks' time. Despite the heat, today will be a decent indicator of that.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
jerryatricjanner":lrj9g6j7 said:
It is a concern for sure but RL seems confident they will be able to get game time in next week.
To the game today, and 3 of us will be setting off in half an hour or so and I expect to see a couple of dozen fellow Greens in attendance this morning. Not sure how they play in this heat but looking forward to a game. It has been interesting watching them working on their shape the last couple of days but today is the chance to put it into practise. COYG

Look forward to reading your thoughts later.

Jun 27, 2019
Ryan Taylor's ankles are made of glass. Even if RL hasn't yet formed an opinion on Taylor's qualities, he'll surely have serious reservations about going into the season with a player who is becoming increasingly injury prone. I would imagine he's one of our higher earners too.

Another new striker is urgently needed.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Given the players available it's the strongest team possible, although Palmer and Cooper is a toss up between the two.

Argyle (3-5-2): 31 Mike Cooper; 25 Scott Wootton, 14 Niall Canavan, 3 Gary Sawyer; 2 Joe Riley, 15 Conor Grant, 8 Joe Edwards, 10 Danny Mayor, 17 Callum McFadzean; 9 Klaidi Lolos, 16 Joel Grant.

Substitutes: 7 Antoni Sarcevic, 13 Alex Palmer (gk), 20 Adam Randell, 22 Tafari Moore, 23 Ashley Smith-Brown, 24 Luke Jephcott, 26 Cameron Sangster, 28 Mike Peck, 29 Alex Fletcher. 

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
Dons starting line-up for match v
@Only1Argyle
: Nathan Trott, Luke O'Neill, Rod McDonald, Terell Thomas, Scott Wagstaff, Adam Roscrow, trialist, Nesta Guinness-Walker, Shane McLoughlin, Paul Kalambayi, Joe Pigott. #AFCW

Devizes Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Feb 8, 2016
I thought with our new Fitness & Conditioning Coach we were not meant to have injuries any more :)
Looking at that team we still need some strikers and defenders

Oct 31, 2015
RKB":2m94ghuq said:
One look at Wimbledon's pre-season schedule should tell anyone that this will be the serious test we need.
So far they've played Bournemouth, Bristol City, Brentford, Kaiserslautern and Kickers Offenbach. We've played Truro, Parkway and Torquay.
I think we're all a bit concerned as to whether we will be league match ready in 2 weeks' time. Despite the heat, today will be a decent indicator of that.

Now that's a true pre season, not the crap we do. RL has his work cut out this summer.

The defence still looks woeful with those 3 CBs and WBs. Same defence that got destroyed last season all be it in a different format ( and a different man between the sticks).

This will be a good measure as the Don's and us were as bad as each other last season and only GD kept us apart.

Bad feelings about this season already but as it's early days I will stay calm :D

Jan 21, 2007
If we weren't already worried about the frailties of Canavan and Sawyer, with Will Aimson injured the third CB seems to be a straight battle between Peck and Wootton ... very worrying

:sad:

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
About 40 Greens here, mainly Cornish around us. All set to go.