First Impressions: Klaidi Lolos | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

First Impressions: Klaidi Lolos

Jul 19, 2018
London
argyle.life
First Impressions: Klaidi Lolos

Lolos has been able to demonstrate a variety of skills. Long range shooting? Check. His goal against Torquay showed us all we need to know in that regard. Quick feet? Check. Admittedly, this came against Parkway, but Lolos showed that he can be clever, creative and confident under pressure.

The more he learns and the physically stronger he becomes, the more he should be able to do things like this against higher ranked sides.

May 28, 2019
already knew all this after watching him play since he been here in youth teams south west league etc, nothing new, someone asked me the other day where did we sign him from this summer, do argyle fans follow the development of our younger players ? :mad:

greybeard-kernow":1gso9rm6 said:
already knew all this after watching him play since he been here in youth teams south west league etc, nothing new, someone asked me the other day where did we sign him from this summer, do argyle fans follow the development of our younger players ? :mad:

Fair point Greybeard. I have long thought it would be a good idea to follow some European and South American clubs practice of playing youth and reserve games immediately preceding the first team home fixture. Would be a great reason for getting to the ground early, and what a fillip for those youngsters to play in front of a large appreciative crowd.

May 8, 2011
greybeard-kernow":1q9ev14g said:

It was apparent early last season that the four who signed first year contracts this summer had been picked as the most likely as:
They had been promoted to the Development Squad in all but name by playing in most of the Central League and PL Cups game.
They regularly trained with the first team.
They went away with the first team to experience and learn about the match day experience.

I’ve watched two U18 games and one U17 games so far this season and am very impressed by the standard of the players even though in two of the games they were playing against adults.

This season most of the U18s home league games are being played at Manadon with a Saturday 11am KO.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I saw Lolos in the pre-season friendly last year at Helston. I saw him again in the pre-season friendly versus Truro on 09.07. and I thought that he had improved in leaps and bounds. He has grown up physically and I think it has boosted his confidence up against big CBs. I hope he continues to progress well!.

Aug 11, 2013
This lad is an absolutely class act and we will struggle to hold on to him. He has all the attributes to make it in the game and go a long way. Strong, excellent hold up play, decent shot and an eye for goal. Quick thinking. Good with the ball at his feet. Skilfull. At Torquay I felt it was the first time in ages that a youth player actually looked up to first team football.

I have to disagree with Mr. Evans regarding Alex Fletcher. I have seen him numerous times now and he has always struggled. He's too easily bullied and lacks the stature to compete in the adult game. I've no doubt that in youth football he was dynamite but like Tyler Harvey I cannot see it ever translating into league football and I'm gutted for him.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
It was interesting to listen to Lolos in his brief ifollow interview from Spain.
It appears that, even though he is of Greek origin, his main language is English.
A very promising prospect spotted by Kevin Hodges whilst on trial at Birmingham City.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Is junior football knowledge a modern requirement of being a good fan, along with awareness of turnover:wage percentages? No ta.

But I see the idea re immediately preceding matches, been mentioned for women's football too hasn't it. Seems to work for boxing. And music concerts. Political party conferences. Presume dog fighting, never been. Nor to party conferences.

But how many would spare the time add? Might make for an odd atmosphere, and as for the complaints about standing in aisles, blocking views...

May 28, 2019
davie nine":el0t9z45 said:
It was interesting to listen to Lolos in his brief ifollow interview from Spain.
It appears that, even though he is of Greek origin, his main language is English.
A very promising prospect spotted by Kevin Hodges whilst on trial at Birmingham City.
english , with a very strong hint of janner he has picked up by sound of it

May 7, 2019
I was chatting with a few Torquay fans at Plainmoor on Tuesday night and I can tell you that Lolos really caught their eye as well. Torquay seem fine in the striking department, otherwise that would be a good loan move for the lad if he doesn't get much first team football.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
I saw him play at youth level a few times and he struck me as one of those players that was very good at that level, but didn't have the tools to step up. Seems to be giving it a good go so far, so fair play to him. Certainly seems to have gone ahead of Fletcher in the pecking order, whose chances of making it at the club as a pro seem to be getting slimmer by the day.

Apr 29, 2016
I’ve seen him on quite a number of occasions and he looked useful at under 18 level last season but little more :wave: . He was tall and spindly and seemed to tire well before the end of the game. I never really thought that he would go very far tbh.

This season when I saw the guy run onto the field in Truro I wondered who it was. Never Lolos surely! He has filled out and really developed both physically and as a player. I am astounded and after seeing him in all three pre-season games, excluding in Spain, I really believe that he will be on the fringes of this year’s first team. Certainly offers far more than Alex Fletcher who just can’t handle himself in the same way.