Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Thursday 18 July | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Thursday 18 July

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The latest Argyle news and gossip.

The impressive statistics of Danny Mayor from last season ....

Freddie Ladapo scored his first goal for Rotherham United in a 5-1 win against Bradford Park Avenue on Wednesday evening.

The Argyle Ladies fixture list for 2019/2020 has been released.... club website

The goalkeeper kits are now on sale .... club website

Argyle owner Simon Hallett talked to Plymouth Live about appointing Ryan Lowe and the interview process ...
“Without wanting to make any comparisons with the previous regime, what we have got in Ryan is exactly what we set out to get.
“The phrase ‘forward-thinking’ means somebody who is prepared to look at all kinds of methods.

“He has brought a heath and science fitness coach John Lucas with him and Schuey, his assistant manager, has just been on the UEFA A Licence course.
“These are young men who have a great bond already with the players, I’m told.
“He fits all the criteria that we set out to look for, so from that point of view I’m delighted. He was the stand-out interviewee.
“When I say ‘he’ I should say that he and Steve Schumacher came as a pair and presented together.
“They obviously have a great relationship, so I’m pleased about that, and I’m also pleased that he has got off the ground running with the fans.

“He’s extraordinarily open. He has opened up training sessions – I have been to see one myself.
“He has helped the continuation of what I think we have achieved since that terrible week at the end of April, beginning of May, which ended in relegation.

“There has been a rekindling of spirits around the community, such as a very successful Day of Action at the club, which got together 100 people to clean up the stadium.
“Ryan has been part of the rebuild of morale amongst the team, the staff and the supporters, and I’m very grateful to him.
“I think he has been even better there than we expected, so I’m thrilled.
“If there is an owner of a recently-relegated club anywhere in the world that is happier than me at the moment I would like to meet him.

“We actually interviewed four people on the day. We spoke to a couple of others but formal interviews was four.
“The first one we saw we would have been happy to have offered him the job on the spot, and the second one was the same and then with Ryan it was like ‘wow’.
“He’s a people person and hes better at presenting and so on, but he really was very good.

“If you go to my company’s website you will see that we describe ourselves as all about process, all about structure, all about discipline.
“The presentation that Ryan gave was very much about ‘this is how we structure training, this is how we structure this, this is how we structure that’.

“Ryan says he’s not a big data analytics guy, but he knows there was 97 per cent player availability at Bury last season.

“That strikes me as somebody who realises the value of data!
“The interview process was a good one. We ended up with the best candidate and we landed him, so very pleased.”

Betting analyst Mark O’Haire has compiled a predicted final 2019/20 League Two table based on the accumulated odds of the UK’s leading bookmakers:
1- Bradford
2- Salford
3 - Argyle
---------------------
4- Mansfield
5 - Scunthorpe
6 - Northampton
7 - Forest Green
----------------------
8 - Walsall
9 - Leyton Orient
10 - Swindon
11 - Colchester
12 - Carlisle
13 - Exeter
14 - Oldham
15 - Newport
16 - Crewe
17 - Port Vale
18 - Stevenage
19 - Cambridge
20 - Cheltenham
21 - Crawley
22 - Grimsby
---------------------
23 - Macclesfield
24 - Morecambe

The latest from the Spain training camp ... club website

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
To me Mayors stats don’t appear as good as Carey’s in League 2..

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
JannerinCardiff":1lkvuj4i said:
Can you post them here so that we can compare them? I can't seem to find them.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
JannerinCardiff":34geh373 said:

1) Carey has gone
2) Mayor has never played for us in League 2.
3) I don't give a phlying phig about stats.
4) Please explain to me why this would matter to you weeks before a ball has been kicked in anger? :think:
5) Are you saying that Mayor will not be a good player for us this season? :think:

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
What an odd way to start a news feed, select stats from a different club, news eh.

No surprise that any number of folk could have walked into the job, as who on that panel had any lengthy term of sports industry know how.

Forward thinking is lovely. Accountability, less so. If we could perceive some learning from why the only folk at the club who could see early enough, before too late, that the players had downed tools last season, were the vocal thickos on the terraces, then more of us might join in the navel gazing. The ability to hear what's going good and bad from various sources ain't just going to come from all eggs in the one big basket of fancy fortnightly PowerPoint presentations and 'processes'.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Abbotts Ann Green":31nk097r said:
Unlike Carey he was not the penalty taker either.

I was more thinking about assists. And Argyle didn’t score many goals.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
JannerinCardiff":sx8o5v0t said:
Abbotts Ann Green":sx8o5v0t said:

I was more thinking about assists. And Argyle didn’t score many goals - not being negative just an observation and worth thinking about when we think Mayor is being talked up as better than Carey was in L2... I just don’t see the evidence yet that’s all but hope I’m wrong. Carey actually had more assists than Mayor did last season and Argyle were in a higher division and scored less goalsl

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
JannerinCardiff":3nybtwn7 said:
JannerinCardiff":3nybtwn7 said:
Abbotts Ann Green":3nybtwn7 said:

I was more thinking about assists. And Argyle didn’t score many goals - not being negative just an observation.

Carey actually had more assists than Mayor did last season and Argyle were in a higher division and scored less goals in a relegated team. In fact Carey has provided more assists each and every season he was with us than Mayor did last season with Bury’s apparent amazing season last season in L2...

It’s just that Mayor has been talked up as this great player better than Carey was for us and I just don’t see it, but hope I’m proved wrong

Aug 5, 2016
JannerinCardiff":1vtsojrz said:
Abbotts Ann Green":1vtsojrz said:

I was more thinking about assists. And Argyle didn’t score many goals.

Carey took corners from both sides and set pieces from various ranges, did Danny Mayor at Bury?

Robbie Williams and Luke Young got plenty of goals and assists by having the same duties, they were definitely not better players than the likes of Fox and Ness who were pretty light on the stats front.

Jul 18, 2011
“I was more thinking about assists. And Argyle didn’t score many goals”.

When we were last in League 2 (which you brought up) we scored plenty of goals.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
JannerinCardiff":14y8g9l7 said:
I was thinking the same tbf. But on the other hand stats don't always tell the whole story.