Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Wednesday 17 July | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Wednesday 17 July

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The latest Argyle news and gossip.

Torquay 3 - 1 Argyle .... match report

Ryan Lowe talks about the Torquay game ....
“I’m disappointed with the result but happy with some bits of play. There were some good signs and we should have scored more goals, but not conceded two sloppy goals.
“The first one is a worldy, nobody’s going to take that away from the kid, he smashed it right in the top bin. Overall, if you take the result out of it, I’m happy with the way we played, the way we passed the ball and moved it.

“Overall, I’m happy with the signs I’ve seen and we’ll see a true Argyle team at the start of August. We don’t want to lose any game but these are small games for us, where we need to blow the cobwebs away.

“It’s no concern for me, there are no points on the line and you’ll see plenty of teams lose throughout pre-season. We knew Torquay would be right up for it because they’re playing against Plymouth Argyle.
“I’m not taking anything away from Torquay but we feel we should have scored more goals, and they scored two of theirs through our mistakes. You can’t look at pre-season games because if we win our first two or three in the league, no-one looks back on the Torquay result.”

Lowe also confirms Will Aimson, Ryan Law and Callum Dyson will miss the trip to Spain and he hints there will be more new signings .... club website

The players leave for their pre-season training camp in Spain today .... club website

Wolves striker Niall Ennis, a transfer target for Argyle, has been named on the Wolves squad list for their pre-season game against Newcastle United taking place today in China.

Tickets for the first game of the season against Crewe Alexandra go on general sale today.

Ryan Lowe confirms he would like to sign Wolves striker Niall Ennis ...
“He’s one of many on the list. Niall Ennis is a fantastic footballer. He has represented England, he’s a quality striker.
“But there are probably other clubs that are in for Niall Ennis, like we are in for other players.
"He’s probably one of five on our list. We are still out there, we are still looking, we know what we need.

Ryan Lowe explains why he is signing players from Bury ...
“I’m getting a bit of stick for bringing in ex-players. Will Aimson went on a 14-day ruling.
“Let’s not forget, he hadn’t been paid for four months, hence he was available.
“Danny Mayor was on a free, Callum McFadzean was on a free and Dom Telford we paid money for.

“I love Bury Football Club, everyone knows that, and I respect the fans.
“But if I’m in a position to sign these players who become available for free then I will look to do it, because someone else will look to do it.

“Byron Moore is a fantastic asset. I signed him from Bristol Rovers but I have to be careful what I say. I have to respect he’s at Bury at the moment so I can’t really comment on him.”

Ryan Lowe talks about the goalkeeper situation and signing Alex Palmer....
“It’s been on the cards for a while and Alex Palmer comes with great feedback on him. The boy wanted to come, he’s not played many games and been with the Under-23s at West Brom.

“He’s relishing the chance to play league football and wants to be a part of something special. A goalkeeper of his calibre, who has represented England and been at West Brom, doesn’t come along often.
“We’ve had loads of goalkeepers thrown at us but we had to make sure we got the right one. Once I’d spoken to Alex after he’d been away for a week with West Brom, he drove straight down to Plymouth and fair play to him.

“It’s down to him and Coops now. As I said before, there isn’t a number one or two. It’s two quality goalkeepers fighting for one position and you get experience through playing. They have great experience playing in front of them.

“They’re two quality goalkeepers and I’m happy to give them the opportunity. Michael will probably wear the number one jersey but that doesn’t mean anything; it’s a straight fight between the two of them.”

The Argyle squad arrive at their Spanish training base ....

The latest news from Spain.... club website

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Someone who I presume to be a player being shown around at moment (not Byron Moore)

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
John Cooper":1zh9hxt3 said:
Someone who I presume to be a player being shown around at moment (not Byron Moore)

Seems strange timing as the squad and management flew out Wednesday morning. Guess if things are agreed a player could join in next day or two.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
The training camp is actually at Real Club de Campoamor 45 minutes north of La Manga where the friendly will be on Saturday morning. Bournemouth are at La Manga and Argyle and Hull U23s are based at Campoamor.