Missing the start (of the new regime) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Missing the start (of the new regime)

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Well here goes!
I'm into Derriford on Friday 19/7 for an operation. Basically going from a : to a ; (in layman's terms having some colon removed). Was due to be 'done' last Wednesday but it was put back. So, I'm now due out of hospital just before the Rovers friendly (my birthday too!) on 27/7.
So, odds on that I'll miss at least the first home game, possibly the first two or three. Bliddy shame with all the buildup, new players signed, new attacking style. I'd have gone in last season gladly tbh!! ;)
So, I have a ST but don't know when I'll be seeing my first game this season. Doctors/nurses all say: 'can't tell till after the op, see how you are'. Ho Hum!!

Question is: Who else is missing the first few games of the season?
I know many of you are overseas.
Others got family weddings?
Illness :sad: Bum!
Random issues.

Let's hear from you. I don't want to be alone in not going!! :scarf:

Good Luck Pogleswoody, you'll be under the care of my wife and her team and they are pretty darn good, should be fine.

I'll be here for the first few games but away from 27th Aug until 3rd Dec :sad:

Been here solidly for the last 2 season's of riveting entertainment, bleddy typical!!!

Sep 25, 2010
Yep, always want to get the first league game in, wherever it is.

But travelling to Leigh on sea, on the Friday before the Crewe game, (gutted)., for a family do.

Bloody families

Feb 22, 2008
Good luck Pogles, trust you will leave with your sense of humour intact as your posts (nearly) always make me smile!

I am away on the opening Saturday so was slightly relieved it was not a home game, but still gutted nevertheless.

Only two weeks from this Saturday :shock:

Steve

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
All the best, Pogles.
Always look on the bright side of life.
Look forward to seeing your humorous posts as you recover.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Thanks all for your kind wishes.
But why couldn't it be done in April/May so that I'd be ok for a good fan preseason??
As The Fern said: I'm gutted!! ;) (or I will be on Friday!)

Thing is that it was a routine scan which found a polyp that couldn't be removed during the scan.

Doctors said: you need an op. Lose a bit of weight. Up the exercise. Cut the alcohol. watch what you eat.
So, as the op got closer, I just felt better and better!! :lol:

Anyway, thanks again, I'll update when I can. I might start a tally of: Argyle fans met in hospital! :scarf:

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
As a northern Green gutted to be missing the opener although my travels to Vegas LA Hawaii San Francisco shall probably make up for the normal new regime first day defeat !! But I shall be trying to get information or even get the game on iPlayer on tablet if I'm in a Wi-Fi area

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Best of luck Mr Woody. :thumbup:

We have a few Pasotite's who aren't enjoying the best of health at the moment, and let's hope all of them are felling in fine fettle sooner rather than later.

:scarf:

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Good luck in your op. Hope it is a success. I’m sure plenty of us with cheer on your behalf at Crewe. Got tickets yesterday and very much looking forward to it but realistic about it being a work in progress

Aug 3, 2008
Plymouth
Pogleswoody":3sqnpbqu said:
Thanks all for your kind wishes.
But why couldn't it be done in April/May so that I'd be ok for a good fan preseason??
As The Fern said: I'm gutted!! ;) (or I will be on Friday!)

Thing is that it was a routine scan which found a polyp that couldn't be removed during the scan.

Doctors said: you need an op. Lose a bit of weight. Up the exercise. Cut the alcohol. watch what you eat.
So, as the op got closer, I just felt better and better!! :lol:

Anyway, thanks again, I'll update when I can. I might start a tally of: Argyle fans met in hospital! :scarf:

I've had similar operation but a bit more extreme. You should be fit enough for the new season. All the best.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Thanks again all.
Out of bed and sat in a chair, having a cup of tea.
Some pain but pain on a Saturday is nothing new to us is it!
Got my eyes on 10/8 first home game!
:scarf: