Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Tuesday 16 July | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Tuesday 16 July

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The latest Argyle news and gossip.

It's matchday!

Argyle play their third pre-season game tonight against Torquay United at Plainmoor, kick-off 7.30pm. Sat Nav: TQ1 3PS.
Torquay usually have a number of ex-Argyle players in their squad but currently only left-back Ryan Dickson previously played in a Green shirt.

Bury striker Byron Moore is set to be the latest player to swap Gigg Lane for Home Park ....Bury Times

According to Bet Victor Argyle striker Dom Telford is joint-second favourite to be the top goalscorer in League Two for the forthcoming season...

Fans are invited to watch the players train during an open training session on the morning of Thursday 25 July, admission is free ..... full details

New signing Callum McFadzean talks about his move to Argyle ....
“It’s good to see familiar faces and that will help me get settled quicker than perhaps I normally would.
“The gaffer contacted my agent and, as soon as it came about, I wanted to get it done as soon as possible. Argyle is a great club and I’m buzzing to be here. It’s a big help knowing the gaffer, the players and backroom staff.

“The gaffer’s got ambitions and I’ve got ambitions. I’ve come here to win and it’s a big plus to come to a club like this. We want to get them back to where they belong.”
full interview

Former Argyle keeper Kyle Letheren has signed for Salford City ...

Letheren spoke about the move ....
“I’m delighted to be here first and foremost, it’s something that I’ve known about for quite some time now but I’m just delighted to get it over the line, I’m delighted to be here and I can’t wait for the season to get started.

“It’s just the ambition of the place to be honest, obviously the club are on an upwards spiral like everybody knows, and I think Salford’s on the lips of everybody at the minute. 
“As soon as I knew about the interest, obviously I knew of the promotions in the last few years, we’ve got ambitious owners and I’m an ambitious person myself so it was a no-brainer for me really.

“Being based in Leeds it was nice to come home as well, obviously I’ve been down in Plymouth for the last two or three seasons so it’s nice to be where I can go home and see my kids every single day as well so that was a major part in it."

Young Argyle midfielder Rio Garside joins Truro City.

Goalkeeper Alex Palmer signs on a season long loan from West Bromwich Albion....

club website

All about ... Alex Palmer

Argyle lose 3-1 against Torquay United with Klaidi Lolos scoring for the Greens.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Site Manager":2nyk1gus said:

It's matchday!

Argyle play their third pre-season game tonight against Torquay United at Plainmoor, kick-off 7.30pm.

Bury striker Byron Moore is set to be the latest player to swap Gigg Lane for Home Park ....Bury Times

Byron Moore is first Bury player I don’t want if I’m honest, sounds v similar to Joel Grant and I’m not convinced he’s any better. And he’s 30. Unless he’s seriously cheap and is going to be a back up I’d look elsewhere. Only my opinion mind.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
JannerinCardiff":2bygvukj said:
Site Manager":2bygvukj said:

It's matchday!

Argyle play their third pre-season game tonight against Torquay United at Plainmoor, kick-off 7.30pm.

Byron Moore is first Bury player I don’t want if I’m honest, sounds v similar to Joel Grant and I’m not convinced he’s any better. And he’s 30. Unless he’s seriously cheap and is going to be a back up I’d look elsewhere.

Best we get a crowd funder going then to buy him a Zimmerframe!

:doh:

May 22, 2006
JannerinCardiff":30mldfwr said:
Site Manager":30mldfwr said:

It's matchday!

Byron Moore is first Bury player I don’t want if I’m honest, sounds v similar to Joel Grant and I’m not convinced he’s any better. And he’s 30. Unless he’s seriously cheap and is going to be a back up I’d look elsewhere. Only my opinion mind.

The Bury paper only suggests that Moore only could be the next to leave but highlights that he has to get out of the next 12 months of contract. Otherwise sounds like we might need to pay a transfer fee.

Also see a young defender, Ryan Cooney, has gone from Bury to Burnley. Will probably play u23s for them. Would have thought we have a greater need to strengthen defence, so a little surprising Ryan Lowe did not go for him.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
pastiesforlife":1qf0oo2t said:
JannerinCardiff":1qf0oo2t said:
Site Manager":1qf0oo2t said:

It's matchday!

The Bury paper only suggests that Moore only could be the next to leave but highlights that he has to get out of the next 12 months of contract. Otherwise sounds like we might need to pay a transfer fee.

Also see a young defender, Ryan Cooney, has gone from Bury to Burnley. Will probably play u23s for them. Would have thought we have a greater need to strengthen defence, so a little surprising Ryan Lowe did not go for him.

Lots of people on here don't want either of them if they are from Bury!! Don't care if he'd be good for us, if he goes to Burnley it just makes my soul that little bit whiter than white!! :angel:

'.... sounds v similar to Joel Grant and I’m not convinced he’s any better. And he’s 30:'

Janner is that how to judge a player? How many times have you seen him play ... in the flesh that is?? :think:

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I haven’t seen him play but his stats don’t read well considering hes a striker-winger and he’s 30, just feels a bit better the devil you know rather than seeing what decent players we currently have at the club... like Joel for instance. Like I said just my opinion.

Sep 2, 2015
Kingsbridge
JannerinCardiff":2k4th0r7 said:
I haven’t seen him play but his stats don’t read well considering hes a striker-winger and he’s 30, just feels a bit better the devil you know rather than seeing what decent players we currently have at the club... like Joel for instance. Like I said just my opinion.

However, Joel is 31 so that reasoning doesn't quite stack up

Cdp

Oct 18, 2014
Wrexham
I guess Ryan lowe is using your same theory of better the devil you know. That could be why hes being linked to moore. :scarf:

Aug 17, 2005
Ah now we know what Kyle Letheran meant the decision being taken out of his hands. Wifey at home saying you have been offered a job where you can come home every night do it. Kyle's reply is Yes dear

Sep 6, 2006
JannerinCardiff":16kxief1 said:

You havent seen him play so why dont you waIt UNTIL you have before making random comments with little evidence?

Jun 24, 2008
In terms of top scorers, I'm surprised that Andy Cook is missing from the list after his move from Walsall to Mansfield. He'd be my favourite follow the 13 he scored in League 1 last season.