Not open for further replies.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Where do you think we will finish in League Two this season?

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
A couple of weeks early for this for me but I think anything other than top 3 will be disappointing.

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
Glasses appear to be more than half full at the moment - is the Janner nation losing touch with reality or just biding time to return to their moaning best ?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Sam, Balham and a few Exeter fans will be along to provide the balance later.

Jun 11, 2012
Play-offs has to be the minimum expectation.

One more centre-back (but probably two) is an absolute must though. Then 2 or 3 more players (likely loans) should complete the squad - at least until January.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
I'm sorry, I think we'll struggle.

I just have a bad feeling. A complete overhaul of the squad and the loss of the spine of our team makes me pretty worried to be honest. IF the new manager can get the new players to gel quickly and get the squad on board with his philosophy, perhaps we can push the playoffs, but honestly I think this league is tougher than the optimists want to believe.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Play-offs really should be a minimum but I’m quite optimistic that we’ll do better than that ….. I’ve gone for autos but would consider putting a few quid on finishing top if the price lengthens a little after an expected indifferent start as players settle and get used to the new system.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
jespafc":26zjo4rw said:

I just have a bad feeling. A complete overhaul of the squad and the loss of the spine of our team makes me pretty worried to be honest. IF the new manager can get the new players to gel quickly and get the squad on board with his philosophy, perhaps we can push the playoffs, but honestly I think this league is tougher than the optimists want to believe.

We had a spine last season?? :funny:

Happy (as always) to be in the EFL at the end. I hates being in League 2, hates it!! :furious:

Sure I'll enjoy it more than I did last season.

Honest answer?? : Who knows?? :think:

Apr 20, 2011
Tetbury
I think a play-off campaign would represent a successful season, given all the change. More would be an over-achievement. Top-half would be a little disappointing and bottom half would be poor. I don’t want to think about the ‘R’ word, given how many bigger clubs have experienced it recently.

You can never tell how big changes will impact on a season. The early weeks of the season will be very interesting.

By biggest hope is that Lowe can unify the fan base. With the refurb completed, a united fan base and a flying team... this season could be special.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Pogleswoody":1cikstzu said:
jespafc":1cikstzu said:

We had a spine last season?? :funny:

Happy (as always) to be in the EFL at the end. I hates being in League 2, hates it!! :furious:

Sure I'll enjoy it more than I did last season.

Honest answer?? : Who knows?? :think:

Haha, yeah, I mean basically Ladapo (goals) and Lamerias and Carey (quality/assists) and also Fox, the holding midfielder. Even Songo'o as the battler in midfield. I do think we'll miss all of those players and just have to hope that the new boys hit the ground running, which in fairness is possible given that they know Lowe and he knows them.

I will absolutely delighted if my prediction is wrong and looks absurd by May 2020!

C

Cult Of Personality

Just Outside at the moment. Still think we lacking Top Striker and Top Centre Half. Not sure about the midfield either. Basically think we still 4-5 players short

May 18, 2016
There were a number of disappointments about last season - other than the fact that we got relegated.
The quality of some of our signings was poor. Scott Wootten in particular looked to have a good pedigree but he was actually a real liability and from the sound of the first pre-season match, he still is. Signing him must have been a punt by DA and he got that so wrong.
I also found that DA was often too quick to sit back whenever we got our noses in front - as evidenced by two critical games where we conceded 2-nil wins in the last ten minutes as well as countless other times that we either threw away a lead or battled to hang on to the bitter end.
The other accusaton that I think we can level at DA was that he was too keen to sign a bunch of strangers at the start of each season and then took too long to get them to gel as a team. Hence the awful form in the early months.

Now this season is likely to be different:
We are only recruiting players that the Manager knows well, so not taking a punt.
We are recruiting players that already know each other - so should take less time to gel Bury/Argyle into one team.
We have a Manager that is reputed to be more attack minded, and had success with that strategy last season.

I know that we are back in the Fourth Division, which is such a disappointment, but I see a number of reasons to be more optimistic, and much of that is down to having a new Manager and a new Chairman that both seem to be more ambitious than their predecessors.

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
jespafc":xvy1yjxu said:

We didn't have a spine, that's why we were relegated.

Status
Not open for further replies.