Exciting Times | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Exciting Times

Jan 19, 2019
This is the first pre-season in I dont know how long that we are spending a bit of cash and not gambling on decent players that have had bad injuries or players with character issues.

How much have we spent so far?

It is a great time to be a member of the Green Army! Yes we were cowed after last season but something is happening at Home Park....Maybe the Green Giant that Ken Brown mentioned all those many years ago is waking up???

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
GreenGoblin":xxhwa7ap said:
This is the first pre-season in I dont know how long that we are spending a bit of cash and not gambling on decent players that have had bad injuries or players with character issues.

It is a great time to be a member of the Green Army! Yes we were cowed after last season but something is happening at Home Park....Maybe the Green Giant that Ken Brown mentioned all those many years ago is waking up???

If the figure for Telford is true then we’ve spent, £50k

May 8, 2011
GreenGoblin":1o63vqn2 said:

Except we signed Aimson who is still suffering from an injury from last season.
We just signed McFadzean who has been in a spot of bother with the law in the past.
On Saturday we had 6 players sit out with knocks and today Mayor is walking round with his ankle strapped up.
There doesn’t seem much difference from previous close seasons apart from the lack of criticism or comment.

HC Green":2hgtidhd said:
GreenGoblin":2hgtidhd said:

We just signed McFadzean who has been in a spot of bother with the law in the past.
On Saturday we had 6 players sit out with knocks and today Mayor is walking round with his ankle strapped up.
There doesn’t seem much difference from previous close seasons apart from the lack of criticism or comment.

I think I'll just go out and end it all now. :facepalm: :sad: :doh:

Your OP is dead right GreenGoblin. I do my best thinking during my Monday morning Pilates, and whilst stretching away it occurred to me that had we just stayed up last season and not fired DA (and I speak as a long term DA fan) then we would be a lot less happy than we are now, despite being a division lower.

There is at last a sense of purpose and direction about all that’s happening, where most of last season we seemed rudderless.

I’m not expecting miracles under RL, but equally some of the negativity in response to your post is laughable.

Apr 5, 2008
HC Green":1rirjgvi said:
GreenGoblin":1rirjgvi said:

Why can’t we have a dislike button to use on these type of posts.

Aug 2, 2011
GreenGoblin":p3jc0327 said:

Unfortunately wrong on all counts. Not being negative merely pointing out the facts. Let’s wait until the season is under way and we have had 10 or so actual league games before wetting the knickers with excitement or disappointment.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Presto":2lvgkwid said:
GreenGoblin":2lvgkwid said:

Unfortunately wrong on all counts. Not being negative merely pointing out the facts. Let’s wait until the season is under way and we have had 10 or so actual league games before wetting the knickers with excitement or disappointment.

It is a great time to be a member of the Green Army.
Something is happening at Home Park.

How can GreenGoblin's post (his personal opinion) therefore be 'wrong on all counts'?? :think:

Apr 4, 2004
I have waited my whole life for Argyle to set out its stall as a club that wants to play attacking attractive football. Upto now it has mostly been pragmatic football with the odd spell where the football was better. Like under Shilton for instance. To have a chairman with deep enough pockets as well as the vision to go and get a man in charge who isn't wanting to just win ugly. I honestly think that this bit of direction that Simon Hallett has given us could be the missing ingredient that could help our club start to realise its potential. Going out and getting Ryan Lowe with his attacking brand of football will make being in the lowest tier of professional football so much easier. Let's see how our crouds are this season. I reckon a lot of fans don't just want a win, they want to see a team like Bury last year. A team that is exiting yo watch. That goes after the other team. A team to really be proud of. I can get behind an Argyle team like that.

For years I have looked on while some of the pasoti experts have said you can't play pretty football in league two. Just get out that league playing any old mind numbing rubbish, then play proper football in league one. But that doesn't work because you have a squad of players who are only good for attritional football. Then what try to reinvent yourself as a free-flowing side in a higher league when you have very few players that can play that way. Swansea showed everyone the way years ago. They started in league two and became a really good footballing side. They kept to that blue print for years and it took them a long way. I think we can follow that.

I really think this is the best time ever to be a green. :scarf:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
ming the merciless":39ua2267 said:
I have waited my whole life for Argyle to set out its stall as a club that wants to play attacking attractive football. Upto now it has mostly been pragmatic football with the odd spell where the football was better. Like under Shilton for instance. To have a chairman with deep enough pockets as well as the vision to go and get a man in charge who isn't wanting to just win ugly. I honestly think that this bit of direction that Simon Hallett has given us could be the missing ingredient that could help our club start to realise its potential. Going out and getting Ryan Lowe with his attacking brand of football will make being in the lowest tier of professional football so much easier. Let's see how our crouds are this season. I reckon a lot of fans don't just want a win, they want to see a team like Bury last year. A team that is exiting yo watch. That goes after the other team. A team to really be proud of. I can get behind an Argyle team like that.

For years I have looked on while some of the pasoti experts have said you can't play pretty football in league two. Just get out that league playing any old mind numbing rubbish, then play proper football in league one. But that doesn't work because you have a squad of players who are only good for attritional football. Then what try to reinvent yourself as a free-flowing side in a higher league when you have very few players that can play that way. Swansea showed everyone the way years ago. They started in league two and became a really good footballing side. They kept to that blue print for years and it took them a long way. I think we can follow that.

I really think this is the best time ever to be a green. :scarf:

Is there the slightest possibility Ming that you are 'wrong on all counts'?? ;) :scarf:

Apr 4, 2004
Haha yes I could be wrong on all counts. I hope not though. I'll have to admit I know absolutely nothing about football and that will obviously be a sad moment in my life. I've just spent 15 mins trying to explain to someone why Messi is better than Ronaldo. If it turns out I know nothing, I'll have to admit Ronaldo could actually be the main man. :greensmile: :scarf: :scarf:

Oct 31, 2015
Argyleloyal87":cdzvov2f said:
GreenGoblin":cdzvov2f said:

If the figure for Telford is true then we’ve spent, £50k

Chairman is in the press saying we have paid compensation for a lot of the Bury players. If true we will never know the figure.

Now where is my Bury Argyle half n half gone :funny:

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Personally I'm under no illusions. It's going to take RL a wee while to sort out the massive turd Adams left in the waterpipe last season.
At this moment in time it's just nice to not have a dour V-Neck man talking the club down and himself up every 5 minutes and telling us that division 4 is punching above our weight

Sep 6, 2006
HC Green":jf40m7lm said:
GreenGoblin":jf40m7lm said:

Such a contrast to all your pro Adams posts isnt it? You couldnt have been more wrong! You must get over him now..

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
HC Green":2adutoli said:
GreenGoblin":2adutoli said:

He’s gone and he won’t be coming back so get over it.

Instead of enduring Saturday afternoons we can now look forward to watching a team who will be going out with a positive mindset looking to both win and entertain, a refreshing change after the last 4 years of footballing attrition.