How many more would you like to see and where? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

How many more would you like to see and where?

Mar 14, 2009
Presuming the GK stays I'd like to see 3 more in, if not it would be 4 with a GK included

Signing Telford today was good because from the little I know of him he is direct and quick and something our forward line needs.

I'd like to see one more forward, again with pace to stretch and run at teams.

I'd like to see a creative midfielder who can cross a decent ball because I'm not convinced from wide postion we quite have that in the squad at present. Also someone who can score because I still think overall our team lack goal scorers.

Finally, a quality CB. Someone who we can be the rock of the team. Someone with some pace because I fear our back line, even with Aimson, is a little slow and is open to counter attacks too easily.

What do people realistically want to see in terms of signings over the next few weeks? Is it even possible that Argyle would be looking to bring in more than a couple more players as our squad is already quite big even if its has alot of first year pro's in it.

Jun 11, 2012
I'd quite like to never see Scott Wootton play again - so probably a couple centre-backs if we're definitely playing with a 3.

Sadly I think we're stuck with our choice of wing-back options. I think Conor Grant could be an effective LWB, so if he plays there that'd possibly free up a central-midfield spot - though it seems like a Sangster/Randell might be given a considerable amount of minutes under RL.

Definitely another forward in the Lavery mould.

That'd be possibly 5 including a 'keeper. It's slowly coming together though.....

Oct 14, 2015
After Saturdays friendly I reckon a few of our squad will go out on loan or be informed they don’t figure in the managers plans. He’s given them 2 games to impress and that’ll be up Saturday night.

For example, Dyson is one of those who needs to impress but with today’s signing I think the writing is on the wall for him

Jul 12, 2016
Scott Wootton and Dyson have not impressed and their poor form continued against Truro .Wouldn't be surprised if they both moved on. Still need a goalkeeper to compete with Cooper,a CB and another striker.

P

PAFC Galactico

I think 3 or 4 of the youngsters will go out on loan and 2 or 3 of the squad will be moved on permanently. That will leave us needing a GK, 2 CB as we know he was going to take Barclay on trial, another attacking midfielder similar to Mayor and 2 Strikers as I think Dyson will be moved on and I’m not totally convinced by Fletcher and don’t forget we are playing 2 up top so will need options. So I think we need 6 more players, 4 permanent and a couple loans.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Metal_Green_Mickey":2vv3xr9t said:
Presuming the GK stays I'd like to see 3 more in, if not it would be 4 with a GK included

Signing Telford today was good because from the little I know of him he is direct and quick and something our forward line needs.

I'd like to see a creative midfielder who can cross a decent ball because I'm not convinced from wide postion we quite have that in the squad at present. Also someone who can score because I still think overall our team lack goal scorers.

Finally, a quality CB. Someone who we can be the rock of the team. Someone with some pace because I fear our back line, even with Aimson, is a little slow and is open to counter attacks too easily.

What do people realistically want to see in terms of signings over the next few weeks? Is it even possible that Argyle would be looking to bring in more than a couple more players as our squad is already quite big even if its has alot of first year pro's in it.
Hoping that the ‘exciting player from a big club’ is a big, pacy, dominant Centre Back.

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
GK, commanding CB, attacking midfielder, striker, possibly a LWB if he doesn't think one of Smith-Brown, C.Grant or Law is up to it. Personally, I thought ASB was far more effective on the right last season, so should compete with Riley for RWB....

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
I think we still need four/five players, with a couple moving out. I'd like to see us move on Dyson and Wootton particularly, the latter I would guess is on a fairly good wage too.

In terms of the squad, this is how I see it;

GK: Cooper, New GK, New GK.

LB: Smith-Brown, Law

CB: Canavan, Aimson, Sawyer, New CB.

RB: Riley, Moore.

CDM: Edwards, Randell,

CM: New CM, C.Grant, Sangster

AM: Mayor, Sarcevic, J Grant, Jephcott

ST: New ST, Taylor, Telford, Lolos

Sell/Move on Wootton and Dyson

Loan Moves: Fletcher, Purrington, Peck (These 3 seem unlikely to feature as much as the other youngsters, I think Lolos will take Fletcher's spot).

So this leaves us needing two keepers (due to EFL rules), a CB, a CM and a Striker. So 5 players total.

As for the starting XI, at a guess:

Cooper, Riley, Sawyer, New CB, Aimson, Smith-Brown, Edwards, C.Grant, Sarcevic, Mayor, New ST.

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
How I see it:

GK: Cooper, New GK (more experienced)
LWB: Grant, ASB, Law
CB: Wootton, Sawyer, Canavan, Aimson, New CB (young pacey from higher up), New CB (Rock), Peck
RWB: Riley, Moore, ASB
CDM: Edwards, Randall
CM: Sarcevic, Grant, 2 x New CM
CAM: Mayor, New CAM (big club youngster)
WING: Grant, Jephcott, 2 x New Wingers
CF: Taylor, Telford, Lolos, Fletcher, Dyson?

Still another 8 players for me with a couple of them being loans. However, this depends on how the manager sees a few of the fringe players and whether he will actually stick some of the young ones in.

Either way I feel we won't be all guns blazing from the off but feel we'll do well.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
davie nine":2n7o22ru said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":2n7o22ru said:

Hoping that the ‘exciting player from a big club’ is a big, pacy, dominant Centre Back.

PM pilgrim said about a week ago a beast of a CB, proven League 1 standard was on way. Hope that's accurate.

Oct 31, 2015
With the current leftovers from last seasons bottlers I would say

1 X GK
2 x CBs
1 X CM
Not sure about a striker but as per last season without Freddie we feel a bit light.

And off load ( doubt we can)

13 Jordan Holmes on loan to conference or lg2
18 Calum Dyson
22 Tafari Moore
25 Scott Wootton
28 Mike Peck on loan to conference or lg 2
29 Alex Fletcher on loan to conference or lg 2
30 Tom Purrington on loan to conference or lg 2

:scarf: