Daily Catch Up - Thursday 27 June | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Daily Catch Up - Thursday 27 June

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The latest Argyle news and gossip.

Fans' Survey

Ryan Lowe spoke to the club website about his backroom staff - Steve Schumacher as assistant manager, John Lucas as Head of Fitness and Conditioning, Jimmy Dickinson as Performance Analyst plus Kevin Nancekivell and Rhys Wilmot ....
“I’ll be bringing John as my fitness coach. He’s the best; we had a 97% ratio in terms of players last season. Obviously, the physio plays a part, but it was down to him making sure the lads were right and ready.

“Jimmy is the best analyst because he does a lot of work unnoticed. We are going to need player profiles, opposition and tactics. He is the best in the business, hence why we have brought him.

“Steve Schumacher brings enthusiasm to the lads and is a very good young coach, He is someone that I trust, and trust is a big thing.
“He’s a friend; he’s a good coach; and he’s got some good ideas.

“Kev Nancekivell is staying on as first-team coach. He’s got a wealth of experience; been at the club for many years, well thought of here and the lads love him.
“We want good people around us and the feedback we’ve had about Rhys Wilmot and Kev has been good.
“I’m pleased to have them all. We are all looking forward to working with each other. 

“They won’t be yes men, saying “yes sir, no sir” – I want their opinions. We will disagree at times but ultimately we will come to an agreement and it’ll be ‘Let’s do it’.”
Tickets for the pre-season friendly game against Bristol Rovers go on same today Thursday 27 June at 9.15am ..... club website

Young striker Klaidi Lolos signs his first professional contract.

Ryan Edwards, who signed for Blackpool earlier this month, says the Seasiders tried to sign him in 2017 when he left Morecambe to join Argyle.

Harper's Park ready for the return of the players today .....

Big Green Lottery members can now book match tickets online ..... club website

Ipswich Town are also interested in signing Argyle transfer target Danny Mayor although it's understood he's not in Ipswich today .... Ipswich News

Former Colchester United and Yeovil Town defender Joe Edwards becomes the first signing of the summer. The 28-year old, who can play as a full-back or midfield, played in 21 games for Walsall last season ..... Signing #1
All about Joe Edwards

From a new Twitter account ....

Supposed transfer target goalkeeper Frank Fielding signs for Millwall.

Ryan Lowe speaks to Plymouth Live about the potential signing of Bury midfielder Danny Mayor ...
“We have got to respect Dan. He’s not only the best player in League Two, he’s a good friend of ours.
“Not only mine - Schuey’s, Jimmy’s and John’s. He has had a look around with his missus.
“We have tabled an offer, he knows what it looks like. He has been very open and transparent with us, because he can and he always is.

“He’s obviously speaking to other clubs, which again is fine. We will respect whatever decision Dan makes.
“For us, he’s someone that has been on our radar since the minute I got the job, so we will just have to see how that pans out.

“He was very impressed, not only with the football club but with the people around, everyone he has met.
“We were out for some food. It’s a fantastic place and Dan and his missus know that.
“Again, we haven’t had to sell anything to Dan. It has sold itself but we just have to be patient and respect his decision.
“Hopefully, we can see him in an Argyle kit rather than any other kit.

“I have said to Dan as a friend, manager aside and whatever, it’s a case of pick the footballing choice.
“Dan is not chasing any sort of big, big money. He’s just chasing the dreams.
“What I did say to him is that at the end of last season he had a medal around his little boy’s neck, who was two-months-old at the time.
“You relish them moments, and they are the moments he wants.
“It has got to be a football decision with Dan. I’m sure it will so we will respect whatever decision he makes.”

Former Argyle captain Curtis Nelson leaves Oxford United and signs for Cardiff City.

Danny Mayor arrived in Ipswich this afternoon for talks.

Jun 18, 2016
Considering its a bot that makes up transfer rumours with the bio saying Tired of football rumours generated by people "in the know"? Why not see if a random number generator is any better?!

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
How good is it to hear from the manager on what's happening with Danny Mayor? Refreshing! I'm feeling ridiculously optimistic about the coming season...

May 16, 2016
Lesley Somerville":1luhrs4g said:
How good is it to hear from the manager on what's happening with Danny Mayor? Refreshing! I'm feeling ridiculously optimistic about the coming season...

Agree, even if he turns us down, it wont feel so bad. The apparent honesty of the explanation goes a long way.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Reading that I just got the impression that Lowe didn't think Mayor would sign for us and would instead sign for Ipswich....love to be proved wrong.....