• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Jimmy Dickinson - Ex-Bury Performance Analyst

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
According to a PST on his own twitter account (@JDanalyst) about an hour ago, Jimmy Dickinson is leaving Bury FC after 5 years to join the Ryan Lowe revolution at Argyle. His twitter profile shows him as ‘Head of Performance Analysis @Only1Argyle’.

S

Steve Dale Out

Jimmy is a great lad and a big bury fan. He was gutted to leave but like usual had no choice considering how he was treated. He is such a great character and will do you proud. Good luck.

Steve Dale out!!

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Excellent!

Welcome Jimmy to Home Park and Argyle.

We appreciate how hard it must be to leave a club you love - hopefully you will come to love Argyle and Devon.

Apr 4, 2004
What an absolute nightmare Bury are going through. Got to feel sorry for the staff and fans. Its nice for us to benefit but I wouldn't wish whats going on there on any club. Welcome JD.

Oct 20, 2015
Agreed SDO, commiserations for your club's plight which is all too common in EFL these days. Your loss is our gain, but I hope you spotted the recent donation raised by PASOTI to your club.

I wouldn't pretend to know what an analyst actually does, but I guess the role tries to inject some objectivity into a very subjective game. So rather than turning on the hair dryer in any direction, Lowe can say, "you got only got X successful passes, you need to up your game" or somesuch.

I really hope this injects some science into the dressing room, we need all the help we can get. And we also need some signings sooner rather than later. Back room staff are great but they're not going to block a shot or place a slide rule pass, are they?

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Feel sympathy for you SDO.

You seem to be headed into a new season with no manager and not many players and potentially starting on minus points like Bolton.

Hopefully things are resolved soon. Who knows if a solution is found maybe RL will be sending couple of loans from us to help.....although we will need a squad ourselves first.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Be interesting to see what level of tech is used for such a role in the lower leagues. Do the players wear trackers, is it an automated process in terms of passes etc (presume the broadcasters much have something) or a manual tally?

Is this a role every club has in L2 or should it set us apart?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Dickinson will probably do a similar role to what Matt Neil did, incidentally our record once MN left in February was won 2, drawn 3, lost 7.

S

Steve Dale Out

slingsby_pobble":1owlkvnc said:
Agreed SDO, commiserations for your club's plight which is all too common in EFL these days. Your loss is our gain, but I hope you spotted the recent donation raised by PASOTI to your club.

I wouldn't pretend to know what an analyst actually does, but I guess the role tries to inject some objectivity into a very subjective game. So rather than turning on the hair dryer in any direction, Lowe can say, "you got only got X successful passes, you need to up your game" or somesuch.

I really hope this injects some science into the dressing room, we need all the help we can get. And we also need some signings sooner rather than later. Back room staff are great but they're not going to block a shot or place a slide rule pass, are they?

dont hold anything against Plymouth, every single person who leaves deserves to be treated better and I hope they all go on to do great things. that team Lowey got together last season was something special and if we hadn't had the financial issues im certain we would have won the league, they deserve so much credit for finishing 2nd in the wake of an owner whose got no intention of achieving anything except a profit by either selling or getting his hands on the ground. its now come out theres a director loan owed to him of 3.6 million when hes not put money in??? how hes done tha i dont know.

CVA on its way and hopefully then he will sell. Anyway looks like Danny Mayor is on his way to yours now there is a player he was head and shoulders above anyone last season the lads outsanding . not sure about Oshea coming to you i heard hes on his way to Brisban Roar with Fowler

ether way with Lowe i cant see how you wont go up, the attacking football he plays is so great to watch and his personality is addictive.

S

Steve Dale Out

cheshiregreen":9y587gxj said:

You seem to be headed into a new season with no manager and not many players and potentially starting on minus points like Bolton.

Hopefully things are resolved soon. Who knows if a solution is found maybe RL will be sending couple of loans from us to help.....although we will need a squad ourselves first.

i hope we do start on -12 it means we have a club which is looking very dubious at the moment. if this CVA is declined i think we will go under because Dale wont be able to sell and hes got no interest in spending a penny on the club. Dont know why the bought it for a quid if he had an issue with the debt.

Steve Dale Out":uy2avgkh said:
cheshiregreen":uy2avgkh said:

i hope we do start on -12 it means we have a club which is looking very dubious at the moment. if this CVA is declined i think we will go under because Dale wont be able to sell and hes got no interest in spending a penny on the club. Dont know why the bought it for a quid if he had an issue with the debt.

Really feel for you SDA. Do you think he bought it simply for the development potential of the ground as a site for building houses or offices? This is the usual modus operandi of dodgy owners as Brighton found twenty years ago.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
mervyn":22d30dxr said:
Steve Dale Out":22d30dxr said:
cheshiregreen":22d30dxr said:

Really feel for you SDA. Do you think he bought it simply for the development potential of the ground as a site for building houses or offices? This is the usual modus operandi of dodgy owners as Brighton found twenty years ago.
Can only echo Mervyn’s sentiments ….. feel so bad for Bury and to be honest more than a little uncomfortable that we are taking the pickings – I know it makes no real sense to feel that way (it’s not our fault and the people involved must move on, so why not to us?) – but even so it just feels bad. Fingers crossed that things work out for them and soon….. it would be an absolute outrage if not.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Ave_IT":1cvawpii said:
mervyn":1cvawpii said:
Steve Dale Out":1cvawpii said:
cheshiregreen":1cvawpii said:

Whilst I wish Bury no I'll apart from the knuckle dragged we had an altercation with a couple of years ago ! I feel no sorrow if we sign any of their players we have paid for their manager and football is a business the same business that robbed us of Yannick Bolasie for 25k wright Phillips 150k etc etc

Its not Burys fans fault but unfortunately as we did they are the ones who suffer unfortunately Bury are a small club historically division 4 and as such with there gates need to live within there means as we have had to since our administration

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
I used to work in a hotel where opposition teams regularly stayed, during the Sheridan tenure. I was often in and out of the room during some of the pre-match briefings. It was always interesting to see how the opposition analysed our team and of all the teams I came across, Bury are always the one that I remember for positive reasons. They had pre-match clips of key opposition players, breakdowns of strengths/weaknesses of every individual opposition player, areas to exploit etc. It was very thorough and pretty accurate as far as I was concerned. Particularly remember them describing Alessandra as tricky and 'looking for contact' around the box, which is pretty nail on head.

No idea if this guy had anything to do with it, it was back when Flitcroft was manager, circa 2015, but if he's been at Bury five years, he may well have been. Bury went on to win as far as I can recall.

Anyway, doesn't really give much insight to this guy in particular, but sort of related to the thread.