Some news please | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Some news please

Aug 3, 2008
Plymouth
After the excitement of the managerial appointment everything has gone dead again. Why doesn't any news come from the club except players leaving. It doesn't have to be that specific. Just a case of saying the likes of "we have put in offers for players or "we are waiting on responses from out of contract players " and give an an idea of timescales.
We are getting nothing to cling on to.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Couldn't disagree more. I love the fact that the club does its business in private.

We'll be told when there's something to tell. Of course there are things going on in the background, both shifting players out (seems like Lowe is clearing the decks) and getting players, his players, in. Lowe and the board will be moving heaven and earth to get the right players in.

Patience is required.

Jul 29, 2016
Brussels, Belgium
In your dreams. The current squad is not up to scratch, and while it will obviously have a number of boosts in the next few weeks, good players seem to be finding new clubs all over the place right now and the pool of possible players is ever diminishing. a quote from the fans page.
Dream on if you think this man will save Argyle. He's there for the money. If I'm wrong I'll say "sorry", if not we'll be in non-league football.

Jul 12, 2016
monkeywrench":3s5lzp4j said:
Couldn't disagree more. I love the fact that the club does its business in private.

We'll be told when there's something to tell. Of course there are things going on in the background, both shifting players out (seems like Lowe is clearing the decks) and getting players, his players, in. Lowe and the board will be moving heaven and earth to get the right players in.

Patience is required.
And how do you know " Lowe and the board will be moving heaven and earth to get the right players in" All we know for certain is that the grandstand refurbishment is continuing and the relaid pitch looks fine. Pity we have hardly any friendly games or a team to field!

May 8, 2011
monkeywrench":vvmguwcw said:

Patience is required.

Not sure where you get the idea that Lowe is clearing the decks, if that was the case players under contract would have been placed on the transfer list or had their contracts terminated by mutual agreement.
All that has happened so far is that players out of contract not based locally have declined the contract offered by Argyle.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
And so it begins.

:facepalm:

leeroy221

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 10, 2015
News just in:... Pilgrim Pete has just been on C4 programme The Last Leg.
Some good additional coverage for PAFC.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
oldage":1l6t30gm said:
monkeywrench":1l6t30gm said:

Patience is required.
And how do you know " Lowe and the board will be moving heaven and earth to get the right players in" All we know for certain is that the grandstand refurbishment is continuing and the relaid pitch looks fine. Pity we have hardly any friendly games or a team to field!

Erm, because it’s their job?

Feb 8, 2005
Pafcineurope":dc7jgkqp said:
In your dreams. The current squad is not up to scratch, and while it will obviously have a number of boosts in the next few weeks, good players seem to be finding new clubs all over the place right now and the pool of possible players is ever diminishing. a quote from the fans page.
Dream on if you think this man will save Argyle. He's there for the money. If I'm wrong I'll say "sorry", if not we'll be in non-league football.

RELAX.

You sure you are a supporter???????

The normal contract of a footballer expires in 8 days time.

The players at Bury will be in a more positive position, even those under contract may have a get out clause, once their contracts expire, due to Bury's financial situation.

Once we get their signatures, then we will know what other positions to fill with others from other clubs, and feelers would already be put out to those interested in joining Lowe.

Maybe we are waiting for a court ruling regarding Bury's existence. If it does go down the drain there will be a whole team of players to pick from.

The end of the month will be the springboard for additions to the squad, I'm sure.

Lowe gets back from holiday next week, so we shouldn't have to wait long.

Jan 27, 2012
There is obviously plenty happening behind the scenes. The club are under no obligation to report everything they do in order to keep PASOTI readers entertained. Enjoy the break from Argyle and look out for plenty of news in due course.

Aug 5, 2005
Pafcineurope":1d4m260k said:

I can't be bothered to check, but does every post you make end with us being relegated?

May 16, 2016
Quizmike":1z9mt5b0 said:
Pafcineurope":1z9mt5b0 said:

I can't be bothered to check, but does every post you make end with us being relegated?

It's the easy option. Keep saying it regardless, and if it happens you can bang on about your foresight and nous. If it doesn't happen, nobody remembers or cares.

Mar 8, 2016
Still time. It does make you wonder if Lowe is finding it hard to sign the players he wants due to location. I know/hope things will change but with the current squad, this season worries me. It could another struggle.

Jul 12, 2016
Forest of Dean Green":3oprd9t6 said:
oldage":3oprd9t6 said:
monkeywrench":3oprd9t6 said:

Patience is required.

Erm, because it’s their job?
Erm,certainly worked when Adams /Brent were in charge!

Aug 2, 2011
The manager faces a number of issues including but not exclusively Location, budget constraints and the fact we are now in the lowest division of the football league. Why would good players want to sign for a club in the bottom tier. For good developing players in league 1 they want championship opportunities not kicking around with the also ran. So do not hold your breath that there will be an influx of quality players. Carey and Lamieras. Joined because they saw the opportunity of either promotion to the championship or put their talents on display for someone to come in for them.