Steve Schumacher - First-Team Assistant-Manager
Kevin Nancekivell ā€“ First-Team Coach
Rhys Wilmot - Goalkeeping Coach
John Lucas - Head of Fitness and Conditioning
Jimmy Dickinson - Head of Performance Analysis
Paul Atkinson ā€“ Physiotherapist
Neil Lunnon ā€“ Kit Man

Oct 22, 2018
As pre season approaches obviously players will come and go. Some depatures we will be unhappy about
i.e. Ruban Some not so unhappy at their leaving. All young guys trying to earn a living can we wish them all the best and keep the insults out. Time for a fresh beginning.

May 29, 2019
Looks a bit light at the moment likewise hope some will come and go but hope some of the youngsters make it through think Sangster has the quality but who else?

Jun 24, 2008
ken jackson":jeugqehg said:
As pre season approaches obviously players will come and go. Some depatures we will be unhappy about
i.e. Ruban Some not so unhappy at their leaving. All young guys trying to earn a living can we wish them all the best and keep the insults out. Time for a fresh beginning.

You're right of course. However, for me personally I would only be disappointed to see Ruben, Carey, J Grant, Cooper or Ladapo leave. Others are welcome to go. Songo'o would leave me mixed emotions. I love his character but his ability can be questioned some times.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Currently, we have only 3 players who are capable of scoring from outside the box; Carey, Ladapo and Lameiras.
All 3 could be gone by the start of 2019/20 so, it is crucial that we recruit more players, from both midfield and up front who are capable of shooting accurately.
It will be interesting to see if Fletcher, for example, can be accommodated in a forward thinking system (assuming he signs a new contract). He did score over 30 goals at reserve level last season. Lowe and Schumacher could be ideal mentors for him. A pity Battle was released in my opinion.

Apr 9, 2011
The whole squad looks worryingly threadbare. At least half of those under contract i have great reservations about even at lge 2 level. Unfortunately the majority we would like to keep are out of contract & i cannot see many of them staying a lot of work to be done in a very short time!!

Nov 26, 2010
Swindon
chichestergreen":1bhsa1cs said:
I wonder how many Bury players will be flying to the South West?

Maybe we should have a 'Home' squad based in the SW and an 'Away' squad based up north. Save all the travel fatigue. :greensmile:

Oct 31, 2015
Defenders
Niall Canavan
Gary Sawyer - new contract accepted
Tafari Moore
Ashley Smith-Brown
Joe Riley
Scott Wootton

Jesus wept thats a very poor rogues gallery of defenders AND all in contract :facepalm:

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Mark.Bridges":3qxpspjj said:
Looks a bit light at the moment likewise hope some will come and go but hope some of the youngsters make it through think Sangster has the quality but who else?

A very good question. When you look at the Academy staffing structure of 6 employees and then count the number of players who have become first team regulars over the last 4 years, the question becomes even more pertinent.

Mar 8, 2016
rsp4":3p42fn34 said:
Defenders
Niall Canavan
Tafari Moore
Ashley Smith-Brown
Joe Riley
Scott Wootton

Jesus wept thats a very poor rogues gallery of defenders AND all in contract :facepalm:

Horrendous isnā€™t it and very worrying. ASB the only one Iā€™d keep given the choice. Maybe joe Riley to if he could stay injury free.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Army green":1m8d62sv said:
rsp4":1m8d62sv said:
Defenders
Niall Canavan
Tafari Moore
Ashley Smith-Brown
Joe Riley
Scott Wootton

Horrendous isnā€™t it and very worrying. ASB the only one Iā€™d keep given the choice. Maybe joe Riley to if he could stay injury free.

I think that Canavan, Sawyer, ASB and Riley could all defend in League 2.
Moore may thrive as a more forward player. Wootton tbh I've not really seen enough of.
We need players, sure, but no need to panic! :scarf:

justanotherfan

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Pogleswoody":1dwggkh9 said:
Army green":1dwggkh9 said:
rsp4":1dwggkh9 said:
Defenders
Niall Canavan
Tafari Moore
Ashley Smith-Brown
Joe Riley
Scott Wootton

I think that Canavan, Sawyer, ASB and Riley could all defend in League 2.
Moore may thrive as a more forward player. Wootton tbh I've not really seen enough of.
We need players, sure, but no need to panic! :scarf:

Exactly.

Oct 20, 2015
The list is pretty shocking reading at the moment. One keeper! And the rogue's gallery of defenders. Pretty underwhelmed at Sawyer's signing. Yes, he's a good ambassador for the club and you can't deny he's put in the effort and made the appearances... but there was more than a handful of mistakes last season that led to our goal difference being where it is/was.

On the plus side I'm sure it's RL's first priority to fill this flimsy list with the sort of players he wants to play his style of football. Some will no doubt follow from Bury, although their stock has risen with Bury's promotion and they might be looking for more local League 1 opportunities.

I guess we can only judge this once the transfer window has closed on Sept 2nd (by which time we'll have a few games under our belt).

I said in January that our transfers in weren't sufficient. I hope to see a lot of new names in the starting XI next season!