Torquay friendly 16th July - pre-season schedule

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Torquay United have confirmed our pre-season game for Tuesday 16 July, kick-off 7.30pm at Plainmoor.

Games announced so far:
Tue 9 v Truro City 7.30pm
Sat 13 v Plymouth Parkway 3pm
Tue 16 v Torquay 7.30pm
Tue 30 v Tavistock 7.30pm

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Bugger, golfing in Redditch. That's my first miss of the season.

:oops:

C

Cult Of Personality

Hopefully not on shift shame its not a Saturday game because love going to Torquay and having a few beers in the summer sun

Feb 4, 2011
cornwall
After seeing our pre season matches will we ever learn this type of opposition is useless.thought we would have learnt our lessons after the last two seasons . :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

May 16, 2016
Typical Argyle. No mention of which Premier Teams are coming down to give us a worthwhile 6-0 thrashing.

Jul 29, 2016
Brussels, Belgium
yashin":lkihlxp0 said:
After seeing our pre season matches will we ever learn this type of opposition is useless.thought we would have learnt our lessons after the last two seasons . :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Spot on. We need to stretch our abilities not beat non-league teams 7-0!! I really do despair about Argyle and their non-football people on the Board. Where is the new manager, or does he just have to suck it up? We really are in a mess. Be honest people we are not a "big" Club. Barely a big fish in a small pond. I despair. I think a sentence containing "chicken - headless- running around - like" could be applied to PAFC. RIP if they continue on this track. 68 years of love and support going down the drain.

May 16, 2016
Pafcineurope":3g2f7yfq said:
yashin":3g2f7yfq said:

Spot on. We need to stretch our abilities not beat non-league teams 7-0!! I really do despair about Argyle and their non-football people on the Board. Where is the new manager, or does he just have to suck it up? We really are in a mess. Be honest people we are not a "big" Club. Barely a big fish in a small pond. I despair. I think a sentence containing "chicken - headless- running around - like" could be applied to PAFC. RIP if they continue on this track. 68 years of love and support going down the drain.

And the overreaction award goes to.......

Not playing a Championship or Premier League Side who'd make umpteen Subs in a pre Season friendly didn't get us relegated. 46 Games, the majority of which we weren't good enough, is what did the damage.

90 minutes in the Summer versus the first few weeks of a Season and a Transfer Window thrown in ? Hmmmm

68 Years and you can't see that ? If it's autographs people want, try eBay.

Oct 31, 2015
yashin":376nh0p4 said:
After seeing our pre season matches will we ever learn this type of opposition is useless.thought we would have learnt our lessons after the last two seasons :

Was just about to say the same and read your post.

FFS have we not learnt from the last 2 X seasons :banghead: :furious:

Looks like the last Friendly is against the mighty Tavistock.

Total shambles so far. Most of the carp squad from last season kept and or offered new contracts, now this.

I can't even blame DA antmore :facepalm:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Pafcineurope":35ou8n0b said:
yashin":35ou8n0b said:

There's still two games at Home Park to be announced with the intention of playing Premier League, Championship or foreign teams plus the game in Holland.

Jul 12, 2016
So to recap.No manager but so far we have offered contracts to most of last season's underperforming players and arranged friendlies against non league sides and maybe a training camp in Holland.
In the meantime we are trying to sign a manager who doesn't seem to have his heart in it ,who is meant to be a Jack of all Trades and probably Master of None. :facepalm:
Does anybody at Argyle know what they are doing ?