Supporters bar | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Supporters bar

Forest of Dean Green

āœ… Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Iā€™ve been wondering exactly the same, and if there will be any option to bring guests. As an exile Iā€™m only at HP a few times a season - maybe 6 - and usually with some mates. I hope thereā€™s a way of having a membership that suits exiles who canā€™t make every game. The bar looks incredible

twist of lime

šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Feb 22, 2008
Herts
Forest of Dean Green":1bhqxq15 said:
Iā€™ve been wondering exactly the same, and if there will be any option to bring guests. As an exile Iā€™m only at HP a few times a season - maybe 6 - and usually with some mates. I hope thereā€™s a way of having a membership that suits exiles who canā€™t make every game. The bar looks incredible

Same here, Really struggled to get in to the marquee over the past few seasons so hope there is ability to get in on the day or have an exiles membership....

I imagine it's going to be very popular....

COYG

Lundan Cabbie

āšŖļø Pasoti Visitor āšŖļø
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I wonder how modern it will be. Anywhere else in the country it would be a cashless venue..... but this is Plymouth. :D

May 16, 2016
Lundan Cabbie":3j53xf8g said:
I wonder how modern it will be. Anywhere else in the country it would be a cashless venue..... but this is Plymouth. :D

I rarely buy a round or pay for my own drinks, so we're already cashless as far as I'm concerned.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Lundan Cabbie":3tztssoe said:

Plymouth buses (sorry for swearing) were pretty early on the contactless, and all food concessions at Home Park are contactless.

Try America, thatā€™s really in the dark ages as card payment goes.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
What would be the rules that govern the new supporters bar?

The old far post club was a members bar and you had to pay a (nominal) membership fee and the fan fests have been ticket only affairs. Does this mean that all opportunities to make money has to be pre-programmed with tickets and membership or will it be a sports bar that could be licensed to show boxing on tvs etc to the general public?

If memberships have been out there for a while then what are the cost and is that for downstairs, upstairs or both and will fanfests cost extra?

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Biggs":vmdg45u8 said:
Lundan Cabbie":vmdg45u8 said:

Plymouth buses (sorry for swearing) were pretty early on the contactless, and all food concessions at Home Park are contactless.

Try America, thatā€™s really in the dark ages as card payment goes.

I really donā€™t believe as LC claims that anywhere (everywhere) else in the UK would be cashless. Obviously you had the experience of it when Palace played Spurs but it really is not the norm yet.

Will the new supporters bar have the self filling pint glasses? Them be magic.

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
At the marquee I can pay by card (including contactless) or pay with cash if I wish.

This is the way it should be (in my opinion) and I am sure those will be the options in the new supporters bar.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Lundan Cabbie":2e99a53p said:
Cashless Taxi is it?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I think cashless is better on buses and in pubs/bars generally because service moves so much quicker when both parties arenā€™t pi55ing about with change. But seems a bit unfair on the few people without contactless... though I thought every card now has it.

Iā€™m also curious how the bar and the fanfests will work. On one hand you donā€™t want exactly the same people there every week and it be a closed shop, but then they will be the people whoā€™ve been there the longest and paid for the thing in the first place.

May 16, 2016
Lundan Cabbie":rhopaeea said:

And you've chosen to live here........hmmm

Barrie Davis

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Oct 26, 2005
Torbay
Forest of Dean Green":84lkz772 said:

It is far from clear how the bar will be run and what the licensing conditions will be. The Plymouth Council Licensing Register suggests that no application has yet been made for the new building. The last one was for the moving of the Marquee last year. As the former Legal Advisor to the Torbay Council Licensing Committee, with 30 years experience in licensing and gambling legislation, I offered, at an early stage, to advise for free on the application to ensure that every desired requirement could be obtained, including gaming machines, entertainment and alcohol. The GTs have not come back to me which is fair enough because they are probably getting their own advice. I suspect the premises will hold a Premises Licence, rather than a Club Premises Certificate, which will mean it will be a pub, rather than a club, and the terms of entry will be determined by the Licence Holders rather than the law.