Energy, commitment, determination | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Energy, commitment, determination

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I’ve not watched much football from the Championship this season but, watching Leeds v Derby last night, I was so impressed with the above. Both teams never stopped running and pressing
We accept that the level of skill is not going to be the same in Leagues 1 and 2 but the energy, commitment and determination shown by those 2 teams for 90 minutes demonstrates what we should expect from our new manager and team.
This is where a manager’s ability to motivate his players is absolutely essential.
The closest to this level that I saw in League 1 was Barnsley. They completely outplayed us with the attributes that I have mentioned.
Hopefully, our new manager, whoever he is, will be able to assemble a squad capable of this level of commitment in League 2.

Mar 23, 2008
Absolutely, it's the modern way. High energy, high press, over loading the attacks - modern football at it's best. It's what i'm sure we all want to see from a new manager, fans always love a player busting a gut for his team and it's why the likes of David Norris was adored by the fans and frankly why last season was so disappointing as for too many players they lacked the above on too many occasions.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
To be fair to everyone concerned, we're not going to see anything like that in the basement are we?

Whatever that was we watched last night (and at the weekend title deciders) is a different planet to what we watch.

I've never understood plastics, but I can see why people want to watch that sort of thing. It was exhilarating.

Last night's game had everything, brilliant to watch and I'm so so jealous.

Still we're stuck with what we've got, they may be ugly but they're ours.

:scarf:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
IJN":huyyfq7v said:
To be fair to everyone concerned, we're not going to see anything like that in the basement are we?

Whatever that was we watched last night (and at the weekend title deciders) is a different planet to what we watch.

I've never understood plastics, but I can see why people want to watch that sort of thing. It was exhilarating.

Sure but what we can hope for is that all (most) of the other teams in League two are pug ugly whilst we are merely 'plain'! :lol:

In which case by comparison: 'Miss (or Mr .. no sexism here!) Argyle, take your glasses off: ... now let your hair down'
'Oh, Miss Argyle (or Mr .. no sexism here!), I've never noticed it before but you're really quite beautiful (in an artisan way!)'

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Well, we might be in for a bit of this if Ryan Lowe is appointed...

Lowe says: “I’ve said a lot of times, ‘Why can’t Bury play like Liverpool or Manchester City?’ I think it’s the best way. You look at Barcelona, City, Liverpool: everything’s risky, isn’t it?

“People talk about philosophy but I wanted to instil a winning philosophy. We thought that just by outscoring teams we’d have more chance of doing that. I won’t change my style of play. There’s no point. At the moment we’re doing OK with it and you’ve got to stick with the way you do things. I always felt I wanted to do things my way and, if I’m not successful or it doesn’t work out, then at least I’ve tried my way. I was a striker. If you’d put me at centre-half, I’d be no good.”

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I’m concerned about the possible ‘Sheridan syndrome’ with Ryan Lowe (not moving family to Plymouth etc) but I certainly can’t fault his philosophy.

May 16, 2016
Lets not forget that last night both teams were fighting for a sniff of the Premier League. Quite a lot at stake.

Entertaining none the less.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Biggs":y796gjuw said:
Well, we might be in for a bit of this if Ryan Lowe is appointed...

Lowe says: “I’ve said a lot of times, ‘Why can’t Bury play like Liverpool or Manchester City?

We don't want him! He's a fantasist!

:greensmile:

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
IJN":3o3mtqqq said:

I think sturrock marque one was as exciting as leeds derby.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Really??

Much as we loved Luggy, the football Bielsa teams play is a different sport.

Mar 23, 2008
IJN":1yuj65qg said:

To be fair, totally agree quality wise and the championship is light years from where we now are in terms of player quality and wages. However i do think that style of football with high pressing, attacking and pace can be replicated at a lower level. I think under Adams we were too passive and would often concentrate more on holding shape and therefore allowed players too much time on the ball to hurt us. The level we are at is relevant in another sense that if we could press high, you can force mistakes and win the ball in good areas.