Daily Catch Up - Thursday 16 May | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Daily Catch Up - Thursday 16 May

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The latest Argyle news.

The latest betting odds for the Argyle job ...

The potential next Argyle manager Ryan Lowe had an interview published on Wednesday where he talked about the future of Rangers player Jordan Rossiter and his impact at Bury as a loan signing although Lowe didn't comment if he would sign Rossiter for next season .... link

Former Argyle players are set to take part in the end of season EFL play-off finals at Wembley - Conor Hourihane for Aston Villa, Kelle Roos for Derby County, Jamille Matt for Newport County and possibly Ben Purrington for Charlton Athletic.
Purrington has now been involved in play-off games as a match day squad member in four out of the last five seasons.

Journalist Alan Nixon had tweeted some promising news regarding Ryan Lowe ....

Former Argyle defender Darren Purse has tweeted about Paul Wotton...

Local newspaper The Bury Times reports that Bury are about to lose Lowe to Argyle .... Link

New CEO Andrew Parkinson gives an update to Plymouth Live on the search for a new manager ....
“We have to take account of a number of different things.
“First and foremost, it’s about results on the pitch and who is going to give us the best chance of doing that, but there are other aspects to that.
“Argyle is a unique club. We want to play in a certain way and we want the person to embrace Argyle, its ethos and its values.
“We want them to be very much part of the community. We want them to embrace the fact that it’s not just about the first team.

“It’s about the ladies’ team, it’s about all our academy. It’s about everything in that respect.
“We have got to think about commercial partners, all of those different things. It’s important that we get the right person, and people see we are getting that right person.

“We have got a really rigorous process put in place. We have to act swiftly, but the most important thing is to get the right person.
“I think we are absolutely on course to do that and as soon as we are in a position to be able to say who that is then we will tell the fans.
“That is foremost in our minds, to make sure we have got the right person but to do it in a very quick way too.

"We are very mindful of the fact that we have got players on the retained list and they want to know who they are going to be playing for.
“The manager will want to be able to make his own additions to the squad and will have a certain style of playing football.

“We have got pre-season training as well to come up. We recognise the fact that all of those things are really important.
“I’m not being flippant when I say ‘as soon as possible’. But, equally, we don’t want to be here again in a short period of time.

“We are on a journey and we want the right person here, and we can deal with all of those things.
“I wouldn’t like to speculate on any individual. It would be unfair for us to do that or to make comments.

“We are going through a process and that will include a number of different people.”

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Loving these daily catch ups Posty. :thumbs:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Thanks, it seems to be popular.

StroudGreen

♣️ PASTA Member
Dec 27, 2010
Stroud
Agreed, the daily catch up posts are a great feature on the discussion board, always my first read of the day!