Daily Catch Up - Tuesday 14 May | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Daily Catch Up - Tuesday 14 May

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The latest Argyle news.

Derek Adams has been linked with the vacant managerial position at Dundee and is currently second favourite to get the job.

Adams has used the Linkedin website to advertise his achievements as a manager as he searches for his next role ....
Looking for a new opportunity - 1st Team Football Manager or 1st Team Football Head Coach.

I am a 43 year old UEFA Pro Licenced Football Manager with 500 games as a manager behind me. The majority of my managerial career has been spent in England with Plymouth Argyle FC & Scotland at Ross County FC where I successfully drove both clubs to higher Leagues, winning titles, receiving individual honours and reaching several cup finals in the process, I was able to outperform expectations and maximise resources to build teams capable of competing at the highest level.Ā 

A hands-on and modern forward thinking manager, I have always aimed to support on pitch results with the required infrastructure, strategy and supportive environment to achieve sustainable success.Ā 

Key Career Achievements:
(2 League Championships, 1 Promotion, 1 Play-off Final, 1 Scottish Cup Final & 2 Challenge Cup Finals)

Third season 17/18 finished 7th in League 1Ā 
Second Season in EFL League 2 16/17 he successfully managed to gain Promotion.Ā 
First Season in English football as a Manager I guided Plymouth Argyle FC to the League 2 Play Off Final at Wembley 15/16 for the first time in 20 years.Ā 
Led the team to 5th and 7th place finishes in the club's first ever seasons in the top flight in 12/13 & 13/14
Won the 2011/12 Scottish First Division title by a record 25 point marginĀ 
Won the 2007/08 Scottish Second Division title in my first season as a managerĀ 
Reached the final of the 2009/10 Scottish Cup while still in the First Division
Reached the final of the 2008/09 Scottish Challenge Cup
PFA Scotland 2011/12 Manager of the Year
SFL 2011/ 12 First Division Manager of the Year
Managed the team in every round prior to the 2010/11 Challenge Cup finalĀ 
Guided the team to a 40 game unbeaten streak across the 2010/11 and 2011/12 seasons
Received the SFL 2011/12 Achievement of the Season and Team of the Season awards
SPL Manager of the Month in Aug 2012, Jan 2013 and Feb 2013.

The latest list of favourites for the Argyle job from Sky Bet. Paul Scholes and Bobby Williamson are now listed.

Peterborough United, Doncaster Rovers and Fleetwood Town are the latest clubs linked with signing Ryan Edwards.
Portsmouth, Bristol Rovers and Blackpool have already been reported as possible destinations for the centre-back.

The Argyle Academy team will play Arsenal, O'Higgins FC and County Londonderry in the annual Super Cup taking place in Northern Ireland in July .... club website

BBC Radio Manchester reports that Bury have given permission for Argyle to speak to Ryan Lowe ....

Work begins on the Home Park pitch ...

Journalist Alan Nixon has Tweeted that Ryan Lowe has already said 'yes' to the Argyle job ...

Ruben Lameiras tells Plymouth Live he might stay at Argyle ...
ā€œI have been offered a contract but there are a lot of factors that we need to assess before anything happens.
"I would never say ā€˜noā€™. I have literally loved my time here. The club hasnā€™t got a manager yet but Iā€™m sure it will go in the right direction.
ā€œI donā€™t know what Iā€™m going to be doing at the moment. Thatā€™s my genuine honest answer.

ā€œI have loved my time here, like I said, and if things go right they go right, and if not we will see what happens.

"The fans would be a big part of why I would stay if everything was to go the way both parties would be happy with.
ā€œI have enjoyed how they have reacted to when I havenā€™t been playing or when I have been playing.
ā€œWhen things have been going well or going badly they have stuck with me. I think thatā€™s a huge credit to them.ā€

Argyle are one of several clubs reported to be interested in signing AFC Fylde goalkeeper Jay Lynch ... HITC Sport

A tweet from BBC sports reporter Mike Minay ....

Princerock

ā™£ļø PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Wow....that Derek Adams got a good record.....he missed out one achievement....

Managed to get Argyle relegated from 12th in Div 1 on March 12th...that takes some doing.

Aug 5, 2015
It seems like it might come as a major surprise to some but people tend not to put their failures and shortcomings on their CVS. Itā€™s up to the interviewer to tease those out at the interview stage with questions like ā€œ why are you seeking a new challengeā€ or ā€œ isnā€™t it the case you were sacked by PAFCā€

May 8, 2011
As the highs and lows of a football career are in the public domain Iā€™m not sure many prospective employers would take much notice of that part of a CV.

Princerock

ā™£ļø PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Kentishgreen":3qv4gmzi said:
It seems like it might come as a major surprise to some but people tend not to put their failures and shortcomings on their CVS. Itā€™s up to the interviewer to tease those out at the interview stage with questions like ā€œ why are you seeking a new challengeā€ or ā€œ isnā€™t it the case you were sacked by PAFCā€

Still quite an achievement to plummet half a league in two months....not everyone could do it.

Sep 6, 2006
Princerock":34caczs6 said:
Kentishgreen":34caczs6 said:

Still quite an achievement to plummet half a league in two months....not everyone could do it.

Especially with players of the quality of Carey Lameiras and Ladapo at your disposal. Takes a high degree of tactical incompetence and inadequacy.

Stuart House

šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
"Where i successfully drove clubs to higher league."

Not entirely true Derick. We are right back where we started thank you very much.

Dec 17, 2005
Plymouth
Derek Adams has gone. Give it a rest, some people cannot resist having a go, even though Adams is no longer at Argyle. Itā€™s getting boring now.
Wait til you get a new target, as surely some of you will. Mellor , Miller, Adams, whose going to be next?

justanotherfan

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
plymouthboyuk":1j5yq5ov said:
Derek Adams has gone. Give it a rest, some people cannot resist having a go, even though Adams is no longer at Argyle. Itā€™s getting boring now.
Wait til you get a new target, as surely some of you will. Mellor , Miller, Adams, whose going to be next?

I know, how about plymouthboyuk :twisted: :whistle:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Stuart House":3hmo7u7v said:

Not entirely true Derick. We are right back where we started thank you very much.

Unfortunately, when I parked the bus in the higher division, I forgot to put the handbrake on and, blow me (I don't swear!), we rolled right on back into the lowest division again!! :facepalm:

leeroy221

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
May 10, 2015
plymouthboyuk":31ggb0ko said:

The next Mr Holloway, in 12 years time people will still be argueing over him. They cant let go!

May 1, 2011
Kentishgreen":204sihvn said:
I shouldnā€™t think it would be that difficult if your ā€œplayersā€ decide to stop playing.

Who signed these players does anyone know?

Why did these players decide to stop playing? In a place of work if employees can work due to poor management, it usually results in that manager being removed.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
plymouthboyuk":2cb7yusl said:

The Site Manager quoted Dadams's Linkedin entry. I and others commented on it.
If it isn't there I won't comment. I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to pick apart our ex managers current status.
Mellor and Miller are gone. I liked them both tbh. You mentioned them. :think: