Did DA know what he was doing? (I told you so) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Did DA know what he was doing? (I told you so)

Oct 5, 2013
Nearly 3 years ago, in July 2016, during the close season after the 1st year of Adams' management, I started a thread entitled "Does DA know what he's doing?". My reluctant conclusion was that in my view, he didn't know what he was doing.
I got fairly well lambasted for my view, and we did get promoted in 2017, contrary to my expectations: so, fair play, it appeared that my view was incorrect.
However, here we are 3 years later, after 4 years of DA's management, right back where we started (that is, in purely footballing terms), and increasing numbers of contributors seem to now share my opinion.
Was my original view therefore an incorrect one?

Sep 6, 2006
philevs":1wwzo01t said:
Nearly 3 years ago, in July 2016, during the close season after the 1st year of Adams' management, I started a thread entitled "Does DA know what he's doing?". My reluctant conclusion was that in my view, he didn't know what he was doing.
I got fairly well lambasted for my view, and we did get promoted in 2017, contrary to my expectations: so, fair play, it appeared that my view was incorrect.
However, here we are 3 years later, after 4 years of DA's management, right back where we started (that is, in purely footballing terms), and increasing numbers of contributors seem to now share my opinion.

In terms of signings, tactics, negativity, communication I would put him down as one of our worst managers in my time.
A bit behind Williamson. I wanted him gone a long time ago. A disgrace that that side with players such as Lameiras and Carey should go down. Mind you Lameiras didnt play 1st half of season :facepalm: I take some consolation in our predicament that he is no longer here.

May 5, 2019
I think he had a solid Plan A in his head but didn't know what to do when it didn't work, which was often. The one and only time he had any kind of rethink was "TLC" which led to us ending Blackburn's 18 match unbeaten run and us finishing 7th last year.

He really was a mess when it came to recruitment. We changed too much last season and we went into this season with a weaker defence than the one that took us to 5th in League Two in 2015/16 (Sawyer/Hartley/Nelson/Mellor).

May 16, 2016
philevs":366bkjlr said:

Apart from the Play Off Final, Promotion and 7th Placed L1Finish, I'd guess that 4 years later you could say you nailed it back in the day. Good on you, at least one of those Seasons he proved you right.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
philevs":dq3kyrgq said:

Frankly I couldn’t care less and I’m really not interested in ‘I told you so’s’. We all feel crap about what has happened. We all need to look forward. I don’t mean to be rude, but can we park the benefit of hindsight stuff. Not in the mood for that and how does it help other than make some people feel good about their apparent wisdom? We were rubbish. We went down. That’s the long and short of it.

Sep 6, 2006
Forest of Dean Green":6oexbpem said:
philevs":6oexbpem said:

Frankly I couldn’t care less and I’m really not interested in ‘I told you so’s’. We all feel crap about what has happened. We all need to look forward. I don’t mean to be rude, but can we park the benefit of hindsight stuff. Not in the mood for that and how does it help other than make some people feel good about their apparent wisdom? We were rubbish. We went down. That’s the long and short of it.

Just forget about it then shall we? This is a discussion forum you realize?

Sep 6, 2006
Guiri Green":2gfjikfj said:
philevs":2gfjikfj said:

Apart from the Play Off Final, Promotion and 7th Placed L1Finish, I'd guess that 4 years later you could say you nailed it back in the day. Good on you, at least one of those Seasons he proved you right.

So you consider losing the play off final, when we were shocking, a success?

Ed

Dec 1, 2008
Balham_Green":1tkle73k said:
Guiri Green":1tkle73k said:
philevs":1tkle73k said:

And how comfortable we looked for automatic promotion for much of the season before the first of many collapses. Adams' first season with us was a failure, I said it then, I said it during the following two seasons when it was not a popular view and I certainly say it now.

Oct 5, 2013
Hello Mods, I don't recall putting "(I told you so)" in the title of my OP, did you add it?!
PS It does fit rather well !

May 16, 2016
Balham_Green":3gh6ueaj said:
Guiri Green":3gh6ueaj said:
philevs":3gh6ueaj said:

Don't recall saying losing at Wembley was a success. Getting there was an achievement though surely ? Regardless of how poorly we performed, how turgid the Football or how it was achieved, he also got us promoted and to 7th in L1.

Sometimes, when people feel the need to tell us how right they were, the posts are just missing the 'what did the Romans ever do for us' and ' apart from sanitation etc etc' bits.

It's good that he's gone, but it's taken 4 Years to prove how right some were in their opinion. Just keep saying to yourself 'it's going to rain tomorrow ' then, eventually one day you can make a thing of how you nailed it and called it right.

Sep 25, 2010
philevs":3d69ts1n said:
However, here we are 3 years later, after 4 years of DA'

management, right back where we started (that is, in purely footballing terms), and increasing numbers of contributors seem to now share my opinion.

Bloody hell, who cares, if you are in your own self importance.

Since when, have you been a football manager and tactician, nobody cares if you were right or wrong.

He has been sacked get over it.

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

Balham_Green":2f2bemut said:
In terms of signings, tactics, negativity, communication I would put him down as one of our worst managers in my time.

:sigh:

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
I suspect a medical expert would point to a lack of love in your life. Or maybe years of self loathing.