Peoples’ Choice Award | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Peoples’ Choice Award

IJN very kindly liked a tweet I made on Twitter about me being over the moon at being shortlisted in the Craft Guild of Chefs Peoples’ Choice Award #GCCAwards.

As such I very much hope that those on PASOTI, the Green Army, their friends and family and the wider football community can vote for me in the Award as per the link below:

http://cgcawards.co.uk/peoples-choice-vote

The Award is won purely on votes cast on the internet! Hence, being as I do not have a PR Department or numerous employees I am hoping the ‘Green Army’ can swing things my way. The Awards night will be compered at the Hilton in Park Lane, London by Plymouth based chef James Tanner who is also featured in my part life story - part cookbook Food for Thought.

Similarly, my good friend Steve Helley and Chairman of Plymouth Argyle Disabled Supporters is featured in the Dinner party section of the book along with some other sporting tetraplegics. The life story section of my book amongst other things has Argyle related stories in it and mentions the ‘Dream Season’, the World Cup saga and then Argyle’s near demise. Should anyone wish to view or buy a copy here is the link:

http://www.davidcroft.info/#/book/4553488356

The added reason for hoping for your support and possibly winning is this may lead to on a fund raising lunch or dinner in 2020 in the new Grandstand or the Green Taverners new building. The above for another celebration in 2020 not related to Mayflower 400 and to hopefully get a bit more recognition for someone who was born in Plymouth in the 1800’s and did many good things in his life.

I only found out the full history of the person above by chance but some people’s Great, Great Grandparents may even have gone to school at the same time as the person in question. I appreciate the above is somewhat cryptic for now but come on folks help me win the Award and I will explain more afterwards and hopefully some of the chefs may help so that a good time could be had by many in 2020.

Mods please can you Sticky this request until the 17th May when the online voting ends!