Chairman's blog | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Chairman's blog

Jun 2, 2016
Even this season we are over budget. Unbelievable.
Hallett cannot be impressed with the cash wasted on Ainsworth , Wylde, Grant , Wootton etc.

In his line of business this scale of financial mismanagement gets one response ...

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Could read that in many different ways.

Telling Adams publicly that he's already failed this season?

Not committing to anything next season - Re Adams?

Not even backing Adams?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
The Doctor":2bvx5nb4 said:
However, you read it, it's not exactly positive!
And nor should it be.

It’s been an utter shambles of a season barring the redevelopment.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
I think that’s a well calibrated statement. Anything short of stating it has been a disappointing season would have led to ridicule for a new owner that has to establish himself. So that’s sensible. Anything that publically endorsed Adams long term, the same. So omitting that was sensible and saying nothing about it was right. What good would it do with 2 games to go?

And he also restates what we already know. New money for the team will come from revenue generated, not financing of debt by directors. And the grandstand is key to that. Nothing new there, and in those terms the grandstand is absolutely the right thing to do, so long as the profit does come back to the team (and we will need the transparency on finances to see that this is the case, as far as they can given commercial sensitivities)

The only thing that this statement clarifies is that the owner is not happy with the performance of the team. He’d be barmy and deluded if he wasn’t. So that’s a good thing.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Tugboat":3bf2d6s4 said:
The Doctor":3bf2d6s4 said:
However, you read it, it's not exactly positive!
And nor should it be.

It’s been an utter shambles of a season barring the redevelopment.

True. Forest of Dean Green's post before this one puts things well I think. But perhaps there was room for a little bit more of a rallying cry to gather everyone for one final push?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Good, honest statement that I'd probably write myself in his position.

Apart from this bit, I'd change 'nervous; slightly nauseous; and tired as result of waking up at night dreaming of a winning goal in the next game' to... 'nervous; slightly nauseous; and tired as result of waking up at night with nightmares of conceding three goals in the last game.'

:cry:

May 16, 2016
"I ask you all to put aside our differences of opinion and rally round the team for the last two games"

At least he's aware of the stuff and nonsense that seems to be across most Social Media platforms. We all want to stay up at least.

He actually reflected one of my thoughts about the argument that the Grandstand 'money' be spent on the Squad. If that had been the case this Season, then just to stand still, more would have been required next and so on. Not an efficient use of funds IMO.

Fairly well balanced I'd say. What happens next might be worth staying up for though.

Jun 27, 2006
Plymouth
Guiri Green":1nrs2yef said:
"I ask you all to put aside our differences of opinion and rally round the team for the last two games"

At least he's aware of the stuff and nonsense that seems to be across most Social Media platforms. We all want to stay up at least.

He actually reflected one of my thoughts about the argument that the Grandstand 'money' be spent on the Squad. If that had been the case this Season, then just to stand still, more would have been required next and so on. Not an efficient use of funds IMO.

Fairly well balanced I'd say. What happens next might be worth staying up for though.

Same for me. All that counts right now are the next two games. Everything else can come when the season is over.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
the_corkscrew":17dp0otx said:
Even this season we are over budget. Unbelievable.
Hallett cannot be impressed with the cash wasted on Ainsworth , Wylde, Grant , Wootton etc.

In his line of business this scale of financial mismanagement gets one response ...

My take on being over budget is that I think it’s taking into consideration the increased costs associated with the grandstand , with is close to a million quid if you believe everything that’s been written.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Guiri Green":1a8lq1vw said:

I agree with Mr Hallett, the grandstand spending is the best use of our money which we will reap the rewards of for many years to come. I don’t want to get relegated but if I had the choice between 1). Relegation but the grandstand gets built or ; 2). Stay up finishing 12-14th and no progress with the grandstand I’d go with number 1 all day long.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
I believe we are going down.it will be very interesting what happens when our demise is confirmed.derek has wasted money on umpteen players!

KFA

Apr 4, 2012
Plymouth
JIC. I don’t think SH is including anything to do with Grandstand in his loss comments. Seems clear to me ( and this isn’t the first time he’s said it) that the day to day operating costs are exceeding income.